Shifting from a 20 inch Onida picture tube TV, recommendation please, budget 48k

Hello everyone. Yes, I exist.
This TV which I am currently running is about 23 years old. Now showing some aging. The speakers are awesome still. XD

I am looking to buy a tv, and my budget is about 48k. In terms of TV,
1. I am just an amateur and do not know about their software or processor or what to look for in today's date TV. Kindly educate me on that too, if you don't mind

2. Please recommend the biggest tv size possible, with the best features and up-to-date technology (future safe too). I will also like to game on it, watch movies, use wifi for youtube.
Typically, would use it for every content watching, binge-watching, internet search, watching TV shows, OTT, playing games, etc.

3. TV with a proven record of good service, running quality, and good user experience, which won't give me trouble in the long run.

4. I use my durables, for a looooong time, as you might have guessed, so quality is of utmost importance too.
/
5. best picture quality, as the (insert any alphabet)HD advertisement, confuses me (UHD, 4k ?)

Kindly recommend Samsung, Sony, LG, as I guess they are the leader in TV?
also, is VU good? I am also open to other options if they are good!!

Last edited:
Hay,

I'm not a TV guru by any means, but heres my 2 cents -

Service can be hit or miss since it mainly depends on your region and the personnel there.

LED TVs are neat but OLED displays are insanely good. The burnin from newer models should be less, but will be present none the less. If you can wait a while you could try for MiniLED or QLED panels, but they don't start at your price range.

I assume you'll be going with a smart TV since you want to use OTT, just be sure to use an android-based smart TV OS, not a proprietary OS.

Check for HDMI 2.1 support, it will give you higher framerates, provided your TV can push that many frames.

Back