Shocking Thread of a TE member on T BHP, being drugged

Saddened to the core to hear about this act. I hope Mr. E and his lady are recovering well and get back with their lives soon.

I dont think bringing out the culprits id to the entire community will help. The best thing would be Mr. E to get in touch with

mods and admins and tell them about the culprit. Then they can try tracking him down. If that is not possible then they should

selectively contact the TE members who may have met this guy to save Mr. E the embarrassment.

Mr.E the entire community stands by you and I can assure we will do whatever we can to help you.

This is very shocking and sad. My sympathies with the guy and his GF. Hope they emotionally recover. Maybe if the site admin is contacted by the victim, the MF can be caught...

With a forum so big, where a lot of people know a lot of people, he can be caught faster

First of all condolences to Mr.E.
Secondly one can never should blindly trust a person so much to make a meet with his gf.
Also we hear many similar stories along mumbai-pune expressway with fellow passengers given similarly intoxicating eatables to loot them.
Mr.E should be thankful to the almighty the damage could be much worse in their case.
I too curse that MF thief. :mad:

Frankly I thought us Geeks were the last bastion of kindness and all-around good guys. Hence usually, even I never usually checkup on any background or anything. I have met some of my closest friends on TE, Zhopudey, Bikey, X factor this way. Usually what beings as a phone chat ends up being a casual visit to a to the other place to look at/collect hardware and I am shocked that even making friends has its dangers now.

I can only advise people especially the younger ones to just have meets in public and avoid bringing the party to the house.

Sorry but what the chap forgot was basic check or precaution.....

One thing what precautions we should learn is

When a person meets for first time....And if its at your place i make 2 things sure...

1} Never take drinks or eateries from other persons hand....

2} If possible try to avoid having food at first place....Or it should be u to order same...Also if possible do let know someone about the meeting and tell them to call every half an hour or make a visit to your place to check something going well...If meeting outside...try to avoid foods...especially prasads...and all...Most of the time people offers me shira as prasad...but i dont consume it untill i am satisfy unless other people being offered are behaving well..or forward the same to any stray animals

Note:: Sorry if this hurts any religious person ...i offer this to animals thinking i do have enough to consume but they might be hungry...that's it...nothin as sort of having less faith in god

As much as i am sad and horrified at what has happened with Mr. E, i am immensely relieved that the couple were not taken advantage of in any obscene or abusive way. That would have made the trauma insurmountable.

All of TE wishes them to get back to their normal lives.

Ugly, Scary and Shocking. Hopefully Mr. E and his GF gets over the incident. Over the years i have developed quite a few friends over TE. We visit each other houses quite often too. This is indeed shit scary.

It is nothing short of a miracle that your friend and his girlfriend came out of this ordeal intact. Thank god for that :)

So where there any police action taken?

My sympathies to the victims.

There still seems to be some missing information - is the police looking into the case? Also it's unclear whether Mr. E and his partner dozed off at their regular bedtime or after consumption of the offered food (which was spiked, what is not clear is by how much). LCDs, if belonging to gamers, are not exactly the stuff you can tuck under an arm - so what exactly went missing, and were there no neighbors/stray dogs to raise an alarm? It's probably inappropriate to talk about all this in the aftermath of the Machiavellian tragedy, but really, it's still a story. One fraught with lessons, but still a story - I can understand the reasons for wanting to keep it under wraps, but without some more details it actually does not help protect anyone, just makes social interaction more uncomfortable. And the name of the perp needs to be publicized, if not the victims'. That will help prevent and nab them.

We have many members here similar to Mr. E, who invite people home for audition

Audition a car? A bike?

I recently invited a member to my home - not from TE, but from another forum, and only after seeing that they were an internationally published speaker designer - but this is scary for sure.

instead of opening thread, it should have been brought to mods notice without others knowing, obvious chances that he is aware that everyone knows so, will not act. the way he carried out the stunt, looks like he has done that before, now that it is all open, lets see what our system can do ??

Very sad, considering how I've never met any TE member in real, so its quite good that I came across this. I'll be more careful in the future. Hope Mr. E and his gf pulls through the mental effects of this ....

Thats indeed scary. But isnt it common sense not to invite newbies to your place?

And WOT?? Girlfriend?? Guys i wont even trust my friends. The attitude of Mr. E was very very casual.

What happened is very sad. I hope the couple comes out of it asap, learns the lesson and moves on.

BTW, who is this guy? Why is Mr. E himself not coming out? Rather than keeping it to himself, he can share it and who knows we catch the guy?

^He need not necessarily disclose his identity in the public. But at least he should PM the moderators and admins about this issue and if possible track his IP. But like Safin said, he must be a really trained one to do all this. So chances are that the telephone/mobile numbers must be from a PCO or a temporary SIM card and the IP could be traced to some browsing center or his friend's home and so forth.

^^ i also feel Mr E should contact the moderators , even if the guy used cybercafes and a pco , he must have left a trail , or someone might recognize him. But since 2 weeks have passed already i doubt the cops are taking it seriously , otherwise they would contacted someone on TE already

Back