Should I buy a PS3 in US?

ysrathore said:
A new version of XBOX 360 is releasing in first week of august. Its a 4GB version for 200$. Should I go for this?

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 4GB Console: Video Games

For $200, it would be a good choice. If you don't plan to install games on the HDD, then you'll be fine. But if you plan to bring the console to India later on, then you'll have minor region compatibility issues with the game. The console would be of NTSC-US/C region and in India, you'll have PAL. A lot of the game turn out to be region free, but some don't. So decide were you're going to use it the most.

Hey ysrathore,

Even i am in US and planning to get XBOX slim for 299 dollars and it is already out. Only kinect will be in november, My query is can we mod it and another thing will we need the power converter, let me know what you are getting PS3 or xbox slim, i heard like xbox slim is very good.

Thanks

Rajveer007 said:
Hey ysrathore,

Even i am in US and planning to get XBOX slim for 299 dollars and it is already out. Only kinect will be in november.My query is can we mod it and another thing will we need the power converter, let me know what you are getting PS3 or xbox slim

i heard like xbox slim is very good.

Thanks

you can mod it

but you won't be able to play online after modding
and what do you mean by 360 SLIM is very good?

I mean, my US colleague has bought it and he said it is super cool, it is doesn't make any noise and had got lot of other features

hey, u didn't answer my second question, will it require power converter.

I really don't worry about the live subscription, but as you know in india prices of xbox games are too high so just want to mod it.

Rajveer007 said:
I mean, my US colleague has bought it and he said it is super cool, it is doesn't make any noise and had got lot of other features

i just asked cause you made it sound like a new console with differentiating features

XBOX 360 S doesn't have any othere features apart from the redesign if you don't know,redesign includes

new design

Wifi N but only 2.4ghz

HDD according to your version

hey, u didn't answer my second question, will it require power converter.

no

it will need a plug converter though

I really don't worry about the live subscription, but as you know in india prices of xbox games are too high so just want to mod it.
indian prices of gamers are in-line or cheaper than the Europe and US release.

I have planned to go for PS3. The sole reason being games on it are region free and it doesn't require a power convertor. So no hassle of frying it when taken back. Planning to get it this sunday.

But still ope to suggestions.....

Sorry for revoking this old thread. I've to now bring the laptop into inda. I already have a laptop + digicam with me. Would there be any problems @ customs?

ysrathore said:
Sorry for revoking this old thread. I've to now bring the laptop into inda. I already have a laptop + digicam with me. Would there be any problems @ customs?
there shouldn't be if u don't carry the laptop's box ^^

Yo will have a problem if you bring more than one laptop. One laptop is okay and totally legal; irrespective of its value.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS3 shouldn't be a prob. I brought mine in luggage along with 5 games with boxes and a very expensive helmet.

SunnyBoi said:
Yo will have a problem if you bring more than one laptop. One laptop is okay and totally legal; irrespective of its value.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS3 shouldn't be a prob. I brought mine in luggage along with 5 games with boxes and a very expensive helmet.

I'm planning to keep it in carry on luggage. I don't want to risk it with all the bad luggage handling.

Do I need to declare it or anything?

Don't carry it in your carry-on luggage. It'll be too bulky to lug around everywhere, plus you'll have to take it out every time you go through a security check. Instead put it in your check-in luggage and pad it all round with clothes. If your packing is done right not one piece in the bag will move, even with the roughest of handling.

BTW what if we order something from abroad ?? .. how much duty will we have to pay for a thing which costs less .. suppose a computer part less than 2k ?? ....

dark.lord.rules said:
BTW what if we order something from abroad ?? .. how much duty will we have to pay for a thing which costs less .. suppose a computer part less than 2k ?? ....
THERE IS A DUTY ON EVERYTHING

but if you buy for ebay,for example:

you buy an iten worth under rs.10000 on ebay and paid online for the item and shipping,when the seller goes to the shipping company to dispatch it to you

he is asked what is the price of the item,

if he mentions the price,then you will have to pay the duty on it and also if the package is lost then the company refunds that amount he mentioned to the seller who sent it so it is good for insurance and you have to pay for the duty.

this is because gifts upto rs.10000 are allowed

if he doesn't mention then you won't have to pay the duty but he won't get the insurance as if lost the company wouldn't know what amount has to be refunded to him.

Back