Should i buy sony ercisson x10

dr.sankhadeep said:
i am leaning towards apple 3gs...can i buy that phone???? what do u say guys.....i need a phone which has superb build quality and flaunt value and gives me a feel that i am holding a 30k+ handset....
see if you can get iphone 4 from one of the countries where it is sold unlocked. should be around 30k-35k and lot lot more reasonable buy.

it does not happen all the time. It happens intermediately. Sometimes it will work as it should and sometimes it wont.

After doing reset everything went fine for 2 days until the problem appeared again.

Then there was SMS issue. It sometimes refused to successfully send SMS until I rebooted the phone.

Googled a bit and looks like I am not alone with this issue.

Couple that with no root (its matter of time, but still ) and snail pace updates from SE is a major reason for skipping SE's first wave of Android devices. SE needs to understand that it does not enjoy kind of community support as HTC does at this moment. So its them who need to roll out the updates. They did fix other major bugs with the firmware released soon after its launch, but there are still some bugs left that haunt certain users.

Not to mention timescape still likes to behave oddly every now and then until the phone is rebooted and everything goes back to normal.

its unlikely that this is hardware issue as exact same symptoms are cropping up and are being reported by some other people. And also simple reboot fixed these most of the times until it happens again.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

desiibond said:
see if you can get iphone 4 from one of the countries where it is sold unlocked. should be around 30k-35k and lot lot more reasonable buy.
Its £499 unlocked. So that will be like 34-35k purchasing price. Only possible if someone is personally bringing it back, otherwise it will be 40K+ if you ship or buy grey unlocked piece.

yup.. £499 unlocked here in the UK for 16GB one.. thinkin of buying one.. but then i'll have to loot a bank to book my ticket back home to India.. :p

Am using x10 for almost a month nw...I neva experienced any prob shripad bro mentioned. ...ya I googled... bk not in ma phone......ya snail paced update policy of SE s bad...prob wat I felt s low call volume...nd querty keypad some keys at the corner of the phone won't respond smtim...its just a soft issue...I tried other soft. .it was working fine....

Sound quality s really great....best among any high end android atm...only prob I can point towards sound dept s .....tere s no equalizer. ...
except that...everything just finr...
Which will be fixed by the update at q3:)
hopeffully...end

Even am planning to grab a iphone 4g...specz is promising....
I rec u better go apple route...3gs or 4g ......ftw...
Guys any chance of price drop for 3gs after the ip4 launch....I mean in india...?

dr.sankhadeep said:
i am thinking to get th SE x10... what do u guys say????
my purpose is calling and messaging and liight net usage....i like the design...

plzz suggest.... budget max 30k
The most simple answer would be this: 'NO, don't buy the X10'

If u really want a high end device, I would suggest a HTC Desire, Nexus one or the Motorola Milestone.

nehaladsul said:
The most simple answer would be this: 'NO, don't buy the X10'

If u really want a high end device, I would suggest a HTC Desire, Nexus one or the Motorola Milestone.
any reason why u think it is worse then even milestone ? slower processor ? smaller screen ? not good looking ? customer service is missing ?

can u please specify your reason. have u used xperia x10 and what did u dislike about it?

rock8549 said:
any reason why u think it is worse then even milestone ? slower processor ? smaller screen ? not good looking ? customer service is missing ?

can u please specify your reason. have u used xperia x10 and what did u dislike about it?
Hmmm..... Let me specify for u.....

I am currently using the Milestone. I chose it over the Desire & the N1 only coz it came with warranty & the other two didn't have a warranty. As & when they are launched with a warranty, I'll shift to them.

I don't own the X10 but have used it for a few hours.

Now, the processor of the X10 is NOT Slow. But 1.6 is a pain. Also, that Timescape thing (like vista Flip window scrolling) is a real resource hogger. U'll have a noticeable slowdown when using it.

Moreover, we are getting 2.1 'in the later part of 2010'.....!! When exactly? After the world has moved over to 2.2??

Screen is good. No issues with it. But so are the screens of the other 3 phones I mentioned as alternatives.

Not good looking? Hell YES!! Compare the looks of the X10 with the Nexus 1 or the Desire & u know what I mean. Even the Milestone looks better.

Customer Service is not such a big issue. The problem is spare parts availability. SE phones are not built up really well IMHO. And u don't get panels, keypads etc very easily; even if u do get them, they cost a bomb. Consider the chrome on SE phones. It wears off in 2-3 months. If u consider Samsung or HTC, they have really solid chrome detailing that lasts for years.

The last SE phone I owned was the w700i & the trouble (read spare parts unavailable) it caused me made me swear never to use another SE again!!!

Also, I have heard that Battery life is a serious issue with the X10. Heard it barely lasts a day with moderate use.

But all of the above is my opinion. I might be wrong at places; I am human afterall! But yes, I won't buy a X10 even at half the price.

I am waiting out for the Desire or the N1 to let go off my Milestone.

:D

dr.sankhadeep said:
^^^ i am already using samsung omnia hd for last 9 months...

if i get a aple iphone 3gs will it be a good buy even iphone 4 has released???

If you want an iPhone, I would strongly recommend getting the iPhone 4 rather than the already outdated 3GS. For one, It would cost you a premium whether you get a 3GS or 4, (unless you want to buy a used phone in which case it will still cost you a premium) so why not get what is latest.

On side note, It doesn't seem that you have any need for uber costly smart phones like X10 or Galaxy S except because of larger screen sizes, why don't you take a look at Samsung Wave. It costs little more than half the price and has a pretty powerful CPU and Bada OS which has a neat UI. The screen is 3.3" S-AMOLED with a 800 x 480 resolution. Its also runs faster than Android on the same hardware and the battery life is the best part. It looks like a great multimedia phone if that's what you are looking for.

Back