Should I buy the Galaxy nexus?

caber

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 21k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Anything

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Anything

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Galaxy nexus

I'm rather tempted by the $399 price tag of the Galaxy nexus in the Play store, but the only thing holding me back is warranty, is there any chance Samsung are going to release it in India in the near future? And if they do, can it beat $399?

Galaxy nexus?? Hell yeah. Screw the warranty and buy it.
<

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would suggest you wait for GNex to get officially launched in India.. My GNex was faulty, and since it was imported one, so I couldn't do anything.

Check this out: I too faced similar problem.

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/R25AmVVZOrI

Also if camera is your priority then you can pass GNex. It has a pretty average camera.

If warranty is very important to yu then you can all most forget to own this device.

I would suggest you wait for GNex to get officially launched in India.. My GNex was faulty, and since it was imported one, so I couldn't do anything.

Check this out: I too faced similar problem.

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/R25AmVVZOrI

Also if camera is your priority then you can pass GNex. It has a pretty average camera.

If I may ask what kind if fault it had?

#[member='deep16']

Warranty is important if the phone is expensive.. I learned that hard way, especially when you are buying a phone from your hard earned money..

My GNex used to restart randomly, apps used to crash after few minutes. The frequency of restarts increased as I started loading more apps.. and I was not alone, there are hundreds of people who own GNex facing similar problem.. Just google and you will find several results..

#[member='deep16']

Warranty is important if the phone is expensive.. I learned that hard way, especially when you are buying a phone from your hard earned money..

My GNex used to restart randomly, apps used to crash after few minutes. The frequency of restarts increased as I started loading more apps.. and I was not alone, there are hundreds of people who own GNex facing similar problem.. Just google and you will find several results..

Feeling bad for you dude. My gnex is running just awesome(Touchwood). i think you just had a faulty piece. Btw what have you done with that piece ?

IMHO, Gnex has a pretty average GPU, camera and a pentile display. Plonking 21k for a phone without warranty is a factor too. And if you are looking for out of warranty phones, you can snag a HTC rezound for 250$ off ebay.

^^HTC Rezound is a CDMA device. As for the OP, if you prefer stock ICS, there isnt a better option than the Galaxy Nexus.

Also check out the Lava Xolo with intel breathing inside. Not as popular, but i liked the way its built.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I decided to wait until mid next month before buying it. I contacted Samsung India but they have no clue when the phone is going to release, so I might as well buy it in the US.

I'm going to put custom ROMs on the phone so don't think Lava Xolo is an option.

Or ideally is there any other phone in that price range that can offer me a better overall experience compared to the Galaxy Nexus?

I think that Samsung might never launch Nexus in India as the S2 and Note are already doing so well plus with the impending launch of S3, it doesn't make any sense to launch a phone that many wouldn't buy if S2 or even Note see a price drop.

I personally am loving the stock ICS experience on the nexus. It is really woth spending 25k to get that stock experience and speedy updates.

If you are going to put Custom ROM's, there is no advantage to the GNex. I have a note running AOSP(4.0.4) and get updates almost as quickly as GNex. Just buy any phone with a decent dev base and it should have AOSP based ROM's available.

Back