Should I buy the Galaxy nexus?

caber

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 21k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Anything

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Anything

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Galaxy nexus

I'm rather tempted by the $399 price tag of the Galaxy nexus in the Play store, but the only thing holding me back is warranty, is there any chance Samsung are going to release it in India in the near future? And if they do, can it beat $399?

Right, so my current phone's screen died today, so I'm planning to buy a new phone within a week or two, once I become free. My friend bought a Galaxy nexus, but his screen had a purple tint on low brightness, apparently a lot of people are having this problem, so I'll refrain from buying it.

Is the HTC One S gonna release anytime soon? And will it be in my budget?

I prefer to buy phones that have warranty, any other phones fit my requirements?

@vanthemanYour intrepretation if the situation is incorrect. S2 has equal if not more dev support so Google support is hardly a differentiator here.

I dont know why unlocked Nexus is selling @400USD.

Definitely not because its selling well. Products that are nearing their life cycle or not selling well get price drops or get bundled.

By how much has iPhone's or S2's price dropped in the last year.

Production stopped so soon?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

@vanthemanYour intrepretation if the situation is incorrect. S2 has equal if not more dev support so Google support is hardly a differentiator here.

I dont know why unlocked Nexus is selling @400USD.

Definitely not because its selling well. Products that are nearing their life cycle or not selling well get price drops or get bundled.

By how much has iPhone's or S2's price dropped in the last year.

Production stopped so soon?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The difference is in your interpretation of a buyer's choice.a regular buyer basically looks for support from the software company and not from other variable sources.

S2 is a good phone but i feel nexus at this moment will be a better buy since it is a pretty no frills device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its laughable to suggest that anyone looking to buy a new phone should opt for S2 over Nexus. Seriously.

Why? Buying a new phone in India, with S2 (9100 not 9100G)you get warranty, Super Amoled plus, better battery life, a faster CPU, much better GPU, and equally good dev support. However 9100G is not worth it, as it has the same SOC as G Nexus, and G Nexus 720p resolution negates the pen tile matrix shortcomings.

Why? Buying a new phone in India, with S2 (9100 not 9100G)you get warranty, Super Amoled plus, better battery life, a faster CPU, much better GPU, and equally good dev support. However 9100G is not worth it, as it has the same SOC as G Nexus, and G Nexus 720p resolution negates the pen tile matrix shortcomings.

Except for the warranty part and probably better GPU, I disagree. Are you trying to say that Super AMOLED Plus is better than Super AMOLED HD? The resolution on my SII was one thing that I hated the most about the phone. Galaxy Nexus is way much ahead than SII in terms of display.

chances of getting new i9100 in india is close to nil; i9100g is what one will get.

mali-400 mp4 is great; but PowerVR SGX540 is standing strong with current workloads. I have not found myself being limited by the gpu whatsoever in any game i have tried on original sgs.

The reason I chose Nexus S over Galaxy S2 i777 was better ppi, better dev support and better aesthetics(curved olephobic screen), yes, Nexus S.

Currently on Galaxy Nexus, 720p to push at 4.65" and the 1750mAh battery still lasts longer than it would on SGS2; and feels much solid in hands. (Again, the slight curve makes the phone feel much natural)

I wouldn't call the cpu much faster either, the chances if having new OS update on a GNexus are much higher than on SGS2 and these minute differences in h/w would surely not be important with that in mind.

chances of getting new i9100 in india is close to nil; i9100g is what one will get.

mali-400 mp4 is great; but PowerVR SGX540 is standing strong with current workloads. I have not found myself being limited by the gpu whatsoever in any game i have tried on original sgs.

The reason I chose Nexus S over Galaxy S2 i777 was better ppi, better dev support and better aesthetics(curved olephobic screen), yes, Nexus S.

Currently on Galaxy Nexus, 720p to push at 4.65" and the 1750mAh battery still lasts longer than it would on SGS2; and feels much solid in hands. (Again, the slight curve makes the phone feel much natural)

I wouldn't call the cpu much faster either, the chances if having new OS update on a GNexus are much higher than on SGS2 and these minute differences in h/w would surely not be important with that in mind.

S2 non g models are available; i think the march/april batches are all non-g....head over to flipkart s2 reviews they are recieving the non g variant....also it doesnt say 19100g on flipkart anymore....

Imo after galaxy nexus best phone still is s2 in 26k price range...

Htc one s also disappoints

Sent on the move

S2 non g models are available; i think the march/april batches are all non-g....head over to flipkart s2 reviews they are recieving the non g variant....also it doesnt say 19100g on flipkart anymore....

Sent on the move

My friend purchased S2 2 weeks back from Reliance Digital. Yesterday I got to check it out and surprisingly it was non G version.

Also one of the listings in ebay says they currently have i9100 in stock both colors. Guess the shipments coming in to India are mixed and there are also non G version available currently, if one is ready to hunt around a little.

Sent on the move

That is good to know; but virtually all i9100g owners got boned by samsung as they did not find it necessary to launch it under different name; and so was the case with i9003, which again was launched as Galaxy S without any mention of SLCD and PowerVR SGX530 instead of SAmoled and PowerVR SGX540 respectively.

However, can anyone be 100% sure while purchasing Galaxy SII that it will be i9100 without opening the box (if one is to purchase locally) ?

there is no point even considering to purchase s2 at 26k while GNexus can be had at 24k gray; and pretty sure that the 720p Vs 800x480 is a bolder difference than PowerVR SGX540 Vs Mali-400 MP4 in daily usage and general scenario.

[sup][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Its not released in India, But one of my fnd in US got this mobile on the day of offer went for 399$.. It took around 425 $ around with taxes and seems working great..
<
[/font][/sup]

[sup][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Go for it Bro
123.gif
[/font][/sup]

Its laughable to suggest that anyone looking to buy a new phone should opt for S2 over Nexus. Seriously.

I read about the Samsung nexus,

-Bad Camera

-No card slot

-Bad battery (3% dip per hr on stdby and 10% per hr while using it)

-Damn Big screen/No FM (Maybe a plus for some people)

First 3 points are bad enough for me to skip it.

With no official launch and no card slot, if the thing goes bad and i need to avail the warranty.. it ll mean that i have to send it abroad and there goes my personal data/pics etc. Camera is really mediocre, check the sample shots. And battery performance is just not acceptable.

That is good to know; but virtually all i9100g owners got boned by samsung as they did not find it necessary to launch it under different name; and so was the case with i9003, which again was launched as Galaxy S without any mention of SLCD and PowerVR SGX530 instead of SAmoled and PowerVR SGX540 respectively.

Not really. I had bought a i9003 and it clearly said Galaxy S - Super Clear LCD on the front and i9003 on the back.

However, can anyone be 100% sure while purchasing Galaxy SII that it will be i9100 without opening the box (if one is to purchase locally) ?

Yes, by looking at the model number on the sticker.

Yes, by looking at the model number on the sticker.

yeah i read about the serial number thing somewhere.....it should not hava a "G" in it, right?

there is no point even considering to purchase s2 at 26k while GNexus can be had at 24k gray; and pretty sure that the 720p Vs 800x480 is a bolder difference than PowerVR SGX540 Vs Mali-400 MP4 in daily usage and general scenario.

true but no warranty is a deal breaker for many including me

Back