Mac OS Show your OS X Desktop!

MSI P35 Motherboard

E4400 Intel C2D Proccessor

SATA HDD and DVD drives

Realtek RTL8168B Ethernet

Realtek ALC888 Audio

Audigy4 card (worked in Leopard, waiting for SL support)

Herez mine

Screen%20shot%202009-09-26%20at%20PM%2007.25.23.jpg

W00t !! Finally upgraded to 100% Vanilla Snow Leopard on my Intel Q6600 OC to 3.1 GHz

Runs like a dream & all upgrades went smooth as a baby's bottom ;)

Zero Cool said:
You know why I love OSX , its because it is pretty & inspirational .
Just check out the sweetness of XBMC on OSX

XBMC on any other Platform is pretty much the same, including that Aeon skin.
Not to mention it is the Xbox Media Center :bleh:

Although as an HTPC frontend, im running Boxee on my Win7 box, and using the Boxee iPhone app, works pretty well, and on the MBP, Plex (XMBC Port) with the Apple Remote if one feels particularly lazy.

Powersurge said:
XBMC on any other Platform is pretty much the same, including that Aeon skin.

Not to mention it is the Xbox Media Center :bleh:

Although as an HTPC frontend, im running Boxee on my Win7 box, and using the Boxee iPhone app, works pretty well, and on the MBP, Plex (XMBC Port) with the Apple Remote if one feels particularly lazy.

Firstly its Alaska & not Aeon . Secondly the point i was trying to make was that , these minimal but very stylish skins fit very well within the default look of OSX. We find windows struggling to attain a unified look on its OS for different softwares, whereas on OSX all apps share a similar look which makes it very easy for n00bs to navigate & use new applications.

Zero Cool said:
Firstly its Alaska & not Aeon . Secondly the point i was trying to make was that , these minimal but very stylish skins fit very well within the default look of OSX. We find windows struggling to attain a unified look on its OS for different softwares, whereas on OSX all apps share a similar look which makes it very easy for n00bs to navigate & use new applications.

Alaska is out? Last time i checked it was still in closed beta or something. I agree with your points with regard to minimalism, but my point was, at the end of the day, XBMC *is* after all, a frontend for an HTPC, so when using a dedicated HTPC, the OS installed is not going to hinder the overall experience. (Given your primary interaction would be with the frontend mostly)

BTW, you should also give Boxee a go, it gave me quite a few headaches early on (For being an XBMC port, you cant set the scrapers manually, resulting in some media being tagged wrong), but with the newer beta build, i must say, im enjoying it quite a bit :)

Edit: And since we've gone quite off topic, i felt the need to add this:

screenshot.jpg

I keep coming back here to see if there are anymore screenshots being posted, but its been quite sometime now..common guys..keep them coming...

Back