Slimmer Replacement to Wallets?

lockhrt999

Not a Fan.
Skilled
Fat-Wallet-400.jpg

I'm tired of carrying of a real physical wallet with me all the time. It gets bulky with documents, cards and some cash/coins. It's literally pain on the ass. In the long run, it deforms the denim.

So for experiment, I have been going out without my wallet. Sometimes I carry just one debit card but I have been paying everywhere with Gpay/phonepay and praying that traffic police won't stop me. This practice isn't sustainable and it makes everything very unorganised.

So my question is, do you guys know any alternative to these wallets?

Same issue
Used many wallets
Then zeroed in on samsonite wallet which was pretty soft and wasn't that thick or uncomfortable, been using that.

On the other hand when I am not in the mood I carry just some cash and one credit or debit card in my pockets or laptop bag.

You can Keep all documents in digilocker, Likr cars rc and driving license, insurance and may be Aadhar.

Carry a couple of cards one debit and one credit and a bit of cash in pockets that's it, you can ditch the wallet easily tbh

I experimented a bit with my wallets and zeroed on Bellroy's note sleeve. It is good enough to keep about 4 cards (Debit+credit card + insurance card in my case) wide enough to accommodate newer Indian currency and some room for coins.

Prior to this, I tried the money clip wallet from a Chennai-based start-up called thepostbox.in. The idea was nice, but not well executed. The currency notes would flap like a bird. They discontinued the product and replace it with the 'Urbane' series. This can be a good candidate if you don't carry a lot of cash.

Hidesign is another great brand and VFM when it comes to wallets. I had one for 10yrs. They have couple of slim bi-folds that are worth looking at.

Some non-wallet type would be cardholders with pop-out mechanisms that are smaller. But, it's easier to lose and barely felt in your pockets.

View attachment 129348

I'm tired of carrying of a real physical wallet with me all the time. It gets bulky with documents, cards and some cash/coins. It's literally pain on the ass. In the long run, it deforms the denim.

So for experiment, I have been going out without my wallet. Sometimes I carry just one debit card but I have been paying everywhere with Gpay/phonepay and praying that traffic police won't stop me. This practice isn't sustainable and it makes everything very unorganised.

So my question is, do you guys know any alternative to these wallets?
I always hope that I might one day have that much wad in my wallet.

Gone are the days of carrying hefty deep pockets... Digital payment has considerably eased the hip burden!
I carry only 2 credit cards on debit card and cash only up to 1 k and for outings its mostly 2k!
Rest is all Gpay.

I find the major issue with carrying a wallet, is that we don't empty it from time to time. I make it a point to keep removing the junk from my wallet once every month. Also, I prefer not putting my wallet in my back pants pocket unless there is no other option. I keep it in my car, my backpack, my jacket/hoodie pocket and even in my front pocket. For this kind of carrying, even a normal wallet with just the essentials is more than enough.

Most of the space in my wallet is occupied by the Victorinix Swiss Card and I can't recollect the number of times it came in handy. No wallet can slim that out.

Most of the space in my wallet is occupied by the Victorinix Swiss Card and I can't recollect the number of times it came in handy. No wallet can slim that out.
You people are speaking about so many kinds of wallets but to be truthful until I got a little job in 2016 August I didn't have a proper wallet of my own even though I carry a purse but it used to be almost empty most of the time. My first game is bought in October 2016 from steam even though I created my steam account in 2013 I didn't have even one game in my steam account. Later in 2018 may onwards I maintained a proper wallet after I began getting my house rents from my native place.
Then after 2020 may when I stopped smoking my wallet became full until the next month or save my money for steam sales to buy games to get achievements. This was my main focus but now my unplayed games list is so much that I took a loan to play properly by buying rx6600xt. This is my story.

You people are speaking about so many kinds of wallets but to be truthful until I got a little job in 2016 August I didn't have a proper wallet of my own even though I carry a purse but it used to be almost empty most of the time. My first game is bought in October 2016 from steam even though I created my steam account in 2013 I didn't have even one game in my steam account. Later in 2018 may onwards I maintained a proper wallet after I began getting my house rents from my native place.
Then after 2020 may when I stopped smoking my wallet became full until the next month or save my money for steam sales to buy games to get achievements. This was my main focus but now my unplayed games list is so much that I took a loan to play properly by buying rx6600xt. This is my story.
Seems your Steam wallet is more loaded than your personal one.

Mine looks just like this
So for experiment, I have been going out without my wallet.
Good luck. I've been unable to move away because i like carrying the things i do in it.

The one advantage of a wallet like that is its heft or weight. I notice its absence quickly like has happened a few times when it fell out of pocket.

There was the one time i missed it and that is a story in itself..

Got out of a car on a rainy Saturday night into a packed road. Ten minute later realised it was missing. Frantically retraced my steps. Nothing !!

That was a bad evening because i've never lost my wallet ever. Cards etc, what to do. Friend said wait till Monday before cancelling.

Next morning i got a call from some one i knew telling me some one found the wallet, went through it found his business card and enquired about me.

So i called up the person and he wanted me to confirm it was my wallet by making me repeat my PAN card number. Nice ID check. Easy.

Arranged a meetup and that afternoon or less than 24h later i had my wallet back with everything in it. How about that. Who expects such a thing.

Person refused a reward and said that it was his duty. I discovered years later he was visiting Bangalore on a weekend trip and actually lived in Nellore.

He just called me up out of the blue because he had restored his phone and wanted to say hello.

Really does make you rethink what kind of people live in this world. Took a photo of the couple and posted it on my wall. I look at it when i hate the world.

Lesson ? always leave a contact number in your wallet or your phone lock screen. Chances are whoever finds it will want to return it if they can contact you.

Back