Smartphone (budget 20-25k)

quixand

Skilled
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20K-25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Super AMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Open for recommendations.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require atleast 5MP camera, Front facing camera and Flash is must. HD Video recording. Should support Flash and should be able to play other video formats.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Having a hard time with this.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A:
- My travel time is 1-1.5 hrs everyday and I need to surf/read/listen to music/watch a video in this time. Text reflow is preferable.
- Music Player needs to be awesome. I pride myself in keeping my music collection up to date and in order so a winamp like app would be great which let me sort/stash mp3s in whichever way I want.
- Pretty, Fluid UI. I dig the WP7's interface/ lists.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HD7, LG O2X.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get an Android or WP7. If somebody could compare 2 phones side by side camera-camera, music player and other features it would be helpful.

Any other phone? Please let me know. Regarding SGS2 - I'm not sure if I'll be able to do justice to its specs. What does one do with the SGS2?

But, No front camera for video calling in a 25k smartphone (Eg: Dell Venue) is nothing less than sacrilege either. How will one make use of 3g, whose most popular feature is Video calling. Zero alternative.

No Cam flash either? too bad, that's off the list too.

While nightshot mode is still available in Galaxy S which makes enough use of already enough night lights (moonlight, clublight, ambient lights) until and unless one wants to click pics while playing dark-room
Will definitely look into this, thanks.

nokia N8 is the best option for you but the only problem is the laggy or slow user interface, the touch experience is not as good as ios,webos,WP7,android. but i have heard that this problem will be solved by the PR3.0 update
Actually N8 is least preferred as I'm not a huge fan of the bulk and weight. H/W wise it's brilliant I know, when is the PR3.0 update rolling out?

Venue had some bad reviews..
Did you look into nexus S?I have not even seen it,but read many good things `bout it.
Yes I did, Nexus S is a little pricey for what it offers - 5MP cam, No HD rec. Better to get O2X instead.

For the time being HD7, LG O2X, a good deal on Nexus S. Keeping these options open.

Anybody has an idea on Win7 Mango updates?

That isn't the official pricing. Also, the released price is MRP. The street price is around 30k by June end. GUARANTEED!

If you don't want to take it, your problem :p

But 1-2k isn't an object when you are spending 20-30k. So it is irrelevant whether it is 29k or 32k, SGS2 is twice in every way and not buying it for just 2-3k is the height of being a retard.

Either settle for a sub 25k budget where nothing beats the SGS1. Or wait for a few weeks and buy SGS2 for 30k+-.

O2X for 25k with coupon.. Have ordered it on Sunday.. should be getting it tomorrow or so.. Knew SGS2 would be 30+ and was out of reach budget wise.. Will share my experiences with O2X after getting the phone..

comp@ddict said:
^^ he;s right, either 26k Optimus 2X or

32k SGS 2, nothing in between.

Budget 20-25K?
And what are we making the OP to do... plunge into flagship?

@OP - if you really can stretch your budget till 32K, go for SGS2 now. if you can stretch till 29K, wait for 1-2 months and go for SGS 2.
what was your last mobile? if you are coming from a budget smartphone (that includes all N series)/even a high end feature phone (samsung jet etc), SGS for 22,900 - 1000 = 21,900 @ letsbuy will BLOW your mind.
After a year or so, go for Quad Core Mobiles at the same 30K range.

And see my comment in this thread http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/desire-s-vs-sgs-2-vs-191567.html

@OP

Can You please mention which jukebox you use on your PC ie WMP or You use Itunes?

Also since you mention 1.5 hours travelling time, That makes it total 3 hours up and down.

Be careful, because in some droids 3 hours of surfing 3G and Listening to music can pretty much blow away battery by a good 30-40 %(esp be wary of older HTC's)

But still considering your requirements, O2x will be a very nice choice,Just make sure you are prepared to charge it every 16 hours.(This holds true for most droids,and perhaps wont get solved untill moto launches atrix GSM version here)

Can You please mention which jukebox you use on your PC ie WMP or You use Itunes?

Winamp.

what was your last mobile? if you are coming from a budget smartphone (that includes all N series)/even a high end feature phone (samsung jet etc)

SAMOLED Wave.

Also since you mention 1.5 hours travelling time

No, 1/2 hr to 45 minutes one way.

O2X for 25k with coupon.. Have ordered it on Sunday.. should be getting it tomorrow or so.. Knew SGS2 would be 30+ and was out of reach budget wise.. Will share my experiences with O2X after getting the phone..

Yeah please do that, I want some first hands-on experience.

And yeah if SGS2 gets price @ 28-29K I'll consider my options again.

My friend got fed-up from SGS and got a refund draft from samsung CC,poor battery life and heating issue and once i was playing angry birds and the battery drained so fast that i could not imagine..but i still say it was a good phone..
Now he needs a change so guys suggest something
What about Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc?

Back