Smasung Galaxy S2 - some clarification, buying it today

Hi,

I wanted to buy either Samsung Galaxy R or Samsung Galxy S2. Since, R is not available, my options are limited to Galaxy S2.

1. Where can i buy Samsung Galaxy S2 cheapest in mumbai (includign online offers) ?

Cheapest i have found is 27.8K from a local shop for the i9100G version. Not sure if it is a good deal. Kindly advise.

2. I heard i9100G version of the phone is inferior in performance, lags in multitasking, browsing, developer support and hence should be avoided. Is it True? Further, few articles states Samsung is cheating by giving out i9100G phone models in i9100 boxes.

Please share your reviews about Samsung Galaxy S2, particularly i9100G if you have.

I plan to buy the phone ASAP, preferably today. Where can i check the phone and confirm i have recieved the correct model i9100 and not i1900G.

Regards

Neo

^^ the cheapest s2 you can find online is around 28.5k and theres no surety whether its G or non-G. so I dont think the OP payed much extra considering that the price of s2 went up in the past couple of months due to FOREX fluctuations.

Update: Brought S2 yesterday... 29.5K ... its i1900 version... yeppie...

The product code helped a lot - i9100LKAINU. Thanks Dark Angel...

The market is currently flooded with G version. I checked at Goregaon (Croma, Ezone, Vijay Sales), Thane (Vijay Sales, couple of local shops), Mulund (Croma, couple of shops at R Mall, mobile store, few local mobile shops), Andheri/Parla (Alfa, atleast 10 shops over there)... Could not locate a non G version... damn you samsung.. cheater..

Finally i was about to give up my mad search when i discovered the non G version by luck at a store near my house.. How silly of me..

Perfect gift for my birthday which comes once in four years.. Hope i continue to use the phone for next four years..

Thanks all

Regards Neo

Congo buddy you got it at a good price !
<

Well I see you had to do a bit of hard work to get it but it turned out to be worth the effort.

BTW 4 years ?
<

Not possible as by then there would be handsets 4X - 5X capable and you'll surely trade it for a better one.
<

& finally 'Happy Birthday Day' in advance buddy !
<

There are rumors already of SIII being launched with a 1080p screen and 1.5ghz quad core
<

No way will you keep t his phone for 4 years , be happy if you keep it for 2
<

Back