Smokers are stupid?

hotshot05 said:
The way the Indian judicial system works, it takes a lot of years to prove that someone is a rapist. Even then, they may have been falsely implicated.

Since you are a smoker, you wont feel the agony of non-smokers every time a smoker shares a closed room with them.
Even those who smoke rarely, have bad breath. I cant even stand beside a smoker.

im not a regular smoke.
i smoke like..once/twice a week...or even month.
that apart...i do use mint/mouth freshener to make sure that others dont feel inconvenient.
you have a made stereotype type under your consideration and you are sticking to it.

please read my post again, i talked about smokers who are humble enough to smoke in a place where no one is bothered by them.
about rape cases....i said so because there is more awareness drive about smoking than there is about child molestation and domestic violence...

@naveen

I understand your point. But believe me, there are really few who cares that much. At least I haven't seen a single person in my life.

Most of my friends have shifted to Medwakh from cigarettes, cheaper,better,doesnt stink, better high i.e it will literally get you high for around 30s-1min. I will do shift soon....You can look if its available in India

This changes things, you now need to be seated in an area and it becomes like a ritual rather than just simply pulling one out of a packet.

^^

And it still is smoking. Guck will get into the lungs and clog them, like cigarettes do. Whats the difference, poison is poison..!

Less harmful, less smoke, and the smoker smokes less as compared smoking ciggs and it got many flavours like strawberry,apple etc...its an old culture over here but popular among the smokers from past 4-6 years...

Smoking midwakh is believed to be healthier than smoking cigarettes as it does not require paper and permits servings of as little as 25 mg. of dokha (compared with 700 mg. net weight of tobacco in a typical commercial cigarette), burning at a much more moderate temperature if the user sucks slowly enough. Midwakh has risen in popularity, specially among the younger generation, as it is neither bulky nor fragile, cheaper than cigarettes, satisfies the nicotine craving, is not disturbing for the smoker's entourage, almost eliminates the danger of side-stream smoke, and unlike western-style tobacco the smell caused by smoking dokha does not stick to clothing or skin. The midwakh can be used with other herbs than tobacco if they are properly sifted, and a minute quantity of tobacco can also be removed from a cigarette and used in a midwakh

Got it off here

madnav said:
im not a regular smoke.
i smoke like..once/twice a week...or even month.
that apart...i do use mint/mouth freshener to make sure that others dont feel inconvenient.
you have a made stereotype type under your consideration and you are sticking to it.

please read my post again, i talked about smokers who are humble enough to smoke in a place where no one is bothered by them.
about rape cases....i said so because there is more awareness drive about smoking than there is about child molestation and domestic violence...

I understand your point. But there are very few like you around.

Then again, you are spending money on buying cigarettes, on mints but the smoke is affecting your health. So, you are losing money all around. Where is the gain???

There is a lot of pollution around us anyway. So much of passive smoke that we are inhaling everyday. So why not let your body stay a bit better by not subjecting it to more voluntary smoke???

I had this with me when i visited India last year from Dubai, and when i was smoking it at Mocha cafe in Bangalore, many people were staring at me....my friends loved it and i send it to them regularly....this is very popular here in Dubai and gets you high for around a minute

NoName01 said:
Most of my friends have shifted to Medwakh from cigarettes, cheaper,better,doesnt stink, better high i.e it will literally get you high for around 30s-1min. I will do shift soon....You can look if its available in India

Any updates on this from India? atleast it can be tried at home.

It is a necessity because you make it a necessity. Just like buying gadgets, spending on clothes etc. But, this necessity will necessarily cause the end of your lungs. And now that we are not living in the 1800s, please stop justifying smoking. Each one of you. And analogies like eating pizza don't make sense too because that will also kill you. Not today, but definitely tomorrow.

My own father quit smoking after being a smoker for so many years. So I know it's possible. And moreover, people around you maybe tolerant and never even mention a word, but smoking around someone else who is not is a nuisance.

Not trying to get you to quit smoking, that's almost impossible when you don't want to. When I was in college and used to go for breakfast to the mess nearby, I used to wonder how a person can smoke a cigarette 6 a.m. in the morning with a cup of tea. Initially I used to think that it must be a habit. Later I found out that unless they smoke they can't even think of going to the loo. You really think that it's worth it?

No one is really giving an excuse. Everyone knows what it is, but still it is hard to quit just like that. When I go home I can easily resist for 1-2 weeks, but as soon as I get on the train, urges comes back like it an elixir :p

Back