Snapdeal Products - Do Not Buy! - Frauds

Virus.exe

Disciple
So, I have been buying these discount coupons from Snapdeal and they have been working well so far and I decided to give their products on sale a try. Something I regret wasting my time and money with.

I bought a 'MoserBaer Headphone MB 22' for Rs249/- on 21st August. Just before I bought it from Snapdeal, I checked out the MoserBaer site and found the same headphone selling for about Rs279/-. I thought I will go with Snapdeal not because it was cheaper but because I have had a decent experience with their customer care for all the coupons I had bought.

At the time of purchase, the offer indicated 15days delivery time. I thought that is a normal safe time quote given by all e-commerce sites and thought it would be delivered in a few days time like all my purchases I have done through 'Flipkart' or 'Letsbuy' or 'Indiaplaza' or even 'Ebay' for that matter. As time passed, 10 days went off. I called up customer care and to my surprise they said the product is not shipped yet. It was towards the end of Ramadan, so I let it slip. I called up after 16 days and again the dumbstruck customer care says it's not shipped yet. I asked for a supervisor and the lady refused to transfer me saying that they promise 15 working days delivery guarantee and not just 15 calendar days. I put the phone down and just let it be 15 working days. So, I call up again after 15 working days, and guess what they told me? It's not yet shipped and we do not have any information and I can't help you because the system is not updated with any shipping status.

I was infuriated and emailed their customer case telling who pathetic my experience has been with them. The reply I got is below"

Thank you for your e-mail. We are sorry for the delay caused. This is to inform you that due to stock issues the product has not been delivered to you. In case, you are no more interested in getting the product delivered then we will go ahead & will cancel the order from our end as it will take some more time for the delivery.

Kindly confirm so that we can proceed accordingly.

After reading the email, I was like WTF? You had listed and sold a product that you did not have in stock? You violated the 15 days deliver guarantee whether it be calendar days or working days, you violated the purchase agreement! and then you come back and ask me, do you really want the product??

I have heard that few e-commerce sites in India do not stock any item they sell on their site, they are just resellers who take orders on their site and pass on those orders to the vendors that is after your order, they buy it from the vendor and ship it to you. But I didn't expect such shoddy service from a so called reputed online retailer. Why do you even sell stuff which you can't buy and send me even after god darn 20 days. I can get a better service from even less renowned e-retailers. heck... it wont take me more than 24 hours to walk several kilometers to where the computer retailers are, buy it and walk back home!

Usually its better only to buy 'services' near ur location from snapdeal. You can always go for lunch or beauty salon and redeem your coupon. :) No point taking a risk on 'products'

I have heard that few e-commerce sites in India do not stock any item they sell on their site, they are just resellers who take orders on their site and pass on those orders to the vendors that is after your order, they buy it from the vendor and ship it to you.

It is the case with most e-commerce sites in India. I learnt it the hard way from Indiaplaza, when they took close to a month to ship a set of Creative 2.1 speakers that I was buying for a friend. It was listed prominently on the home page, even after they took an order from me and faced difficulty sourcing it.

Virus.exe said:
I have heard that few e-commerce sites in India do not stock any item they sell on their site, they are just resellers who take orders on their site and pass on those orders to the vendors that is after your order, they buy it from the vendor and ship it to you. But I didn't expect such shoddy service from a so called reputed online retailer. Why do you even sell stuff which you can't buy and send me even after god darn 20 days. I can get a better service from even less renowned e-retailers. heck... it wont take me more than 24 hours to walk several kilometers to where the computer retailers are, buy it and walk back home!

Quite true. Infact, these sites are actually the deal sites, they take bulk orders for a large number of ppl, and then the items are sent to the ppl who ordered from them. So when demand exceeds supply, you know now what happens! Anyways, I would always prefer to buy from a true e commerce selling site like letsbuy/ebay/flipkart rather than deal with these.

There should be a formal mechanism to register a complaint against sites that do not follow their stipulated delivery timelines. And no, Consumer Complaints does not cut it!

Really sorry to hear your experience. I'm also a snapdeal customer, I've always took coupons for restaurants and all but never dared to buy products.

p_sam21 said:
Usually its better only to buy 'services' near ur location from snapdeal. You can always go for lunch or beauty salon and redeem your coupon. :) No point taking a risk on 'products'

That's what I thought till i read this on another forum:

JD666 said:
there was an issue that even we faced. We had given them a limited number of deals to sell. And in fact the number of deals sold by them were much higher than what was decided upon. So we had to refuse the people who wanted to encash the voucher. Then its between snapdeal and them to get their vouchers back. Im guessing something like this is what would've happened. They ran out of stock, but still sold the item. Now they will offer refund till you tire out.
krishnandu said:
Really sorry to hear your experience. I'm also a snapdeal customer, I've always took coupons for restaurants and all but never dared to buy products.

Yeah, thank god I didn't spent a big amount!

similar thing facing on flipkart myself. ordered a nokia 1616 sep 2nd and even though its reached mumbai on the 3rd . its still not delivered. if i dont get it by today im gonna cancel the order and get it locally. / support guys told me they have "manpower issues" and they r just pulling this since last week, i was fine with it with the ganpati clebrations (most of mumbai has half day work) .. even then almost a 2week wait is ridiculous.

It seems most websites have problems in India, especially that they don't keep stock for items that they sell. I too faced a similar problem with Letsbuy. Surprisingly, ebay has been good in this regard. I guess since ebay sellers are not as big sellers like letsbuy and flipkart, it is much easier for them to resolve issues. Plus ebay sellers always have a fear of getting their account suspended if they don't provide reasonable quality of service.

similar thing facing on flipkart myself. ordered a nokia 1616 sep 2nd and even though its reached mumbai on the 3rd . its still not delivered. if i dont get it by today im gonna cancel the order and get it locally. / support guys told me they have "manpower issues" and they r just pulling this since last week, i was fine with it with the ganpati clebrations (most of mumbai has half day work) .. even then almost a 2week wait is ridiculous.

Best is to order with COD from flipkart. In case they delay too much...you can give the Flipkart delivery guy a punch on his face and take the product w/o paying him and leave a personal written note and tell him to give to his CEO ! Just joking but if they can't deliver on time they should give it for free...if big portals in US can do so....why is flipkart/letsbuy so stingy ! I have seen flipkart delivery guys getting literally belted because of delivery delays...poor souls just because of the inefficiency of back-end services. If you dont have it...dont put it on site. If your vendor goes back on his word....don't pay his pending payments !

Supra said:
Best is to order with COD from flipkart. In case they delay too much...you can give the Flipkart delivery guy a punch on his face and take the product w/o paying him and leave a personal written note and tell him to give to his CEO ! Just joking but if they can't deliver on time they should give it for free...if big portals in US can do so....why is flipkart/letsbuy so stingy ! I have seen flipkart delivery guys getting literally belted because of delivery delays...poor souls just because of the inefficiency of back-end services. If you dont have it...dont put it on site. If your vendor goes back on his word....don't pay his pending payments !

you better highlight that "JUST JOKING", :p

Check this out, reply from Snapdeal:

http://goo.gl/vJzzh

Snapdeal said:
This is completely unwarranted from our side. If apologies could help, please accept them from our side. we screwed up here and we admit it.

As for the small amount of interest we can gain by keeping someone's money for 20 days, it is not worth it. What we lose is a customer and trust, which is a bigger loss. We try very hard to make things working alright, but sometimes mistakes happen and we apologise for it and WILL make up for it.

@Virus.exe - Can you please send your details ( order id, contact details) on reachout at snapdeal dot com? If you are not happy with the resolution we provide you, you can take any further action.

Thanks,

Rohit

Snapdeal Team

Might not be related but one need to know.

Of late there are 1000 of sites mushrooming on this model of 80-90% discount.

I read on one column they are nothing but just a bubble.They do compromise on service once they gain too much ground.Plus the main point of service is the deal rather than service.And any crap is given for the sake of deals.Also say a person gets some heavy discount on hair cut which they usually charge 4 times than the deal rates person are treated as if they come from BPL category(though its not related to the deal giving site...but the offer company too looks least interested in one is just there for the offer rather than any interest shown in their money minting product).

I feel as far as possible try to buy products away from this great deals type sites and use genuine electronics or related sites.

For services one can definitely try his luck but for products do avoid.

Also genuinely speaking do you people believe that any person can sell a product at such a big discount.I remembered 3-4 years back i bought amd processor for 2.3k brand new.And the Mrp printed on it was 26k.When i showed that too a stationary shop he wasn't ready to believe that product could have been any cheaper than 15k and was doubting that i might have bought it without bill and a burgled item.

Hey, out of stock on an ordered item has happened to me on amazon usa too, this was from a 3rd party vendor, not amazon itself, but shit happens sometimes. This seems like a one off thing, can anyone else confirm that snapdeal isn't a good option?

Julian said:
this was from a 3rd party vendor, not amazon itself, but shit happens sometimes

Yeah, you got that right, but sh!t doesn't happen for over 30days that too when no 3rd party is involved. that too.. their above post promised they were going to resolve the issue within one day, but it's been close to a week since they said that.

Back