FS: Storage Hardware SOLD Seagate 1tb HDD (Recertified)

leap

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Kerala
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Oct 4, 2017
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
October 2020
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Extra
I got a recertified hdd after rma. Dunno if it's new one or not. If the price is high pls let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200625_204624.jpg
    IMG_20200625_204624.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20200625_213138.jpg
    IMG_20200625_213138.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 267
According to Seagate if you return a defective drive they “may replace your product with a product that was previously used, repaired and tested to meet Seagate specifications”. In our experience the replacement drive the customer receives will often have a green border on the label and the words “Recertified Product” or “Certified Repaired” and a stamp on the end of the drive frame. You might also find two dates on the new drive label
DOM: The original date of manufacture.
CSO: Which appears to be the date it was repaired/relabeled.

In any case you will most likely get a previously repaired drive and not your original. Depending on the condition of your defective drive it could in turn become a replacement hard drive for someone else. If you receive a replacement hard drive the warranty is your original warranty period or 90 days, whichever is longer. Outside of this information Seagate doesn’t really say much about their recertified HDDs.

This is what i read from a website, so yes, with warranty getting over soon it's kinda a bit pricy imo.

Back