Some Nice Stuff I Got

i say get another second hand 800gt and sli it :p if u have a sli mobo ofcourse.
btw wont two 6800 gt's handle games pretty much well at thet res.? as a 6800gt wud do on a 17 incher?

6800GT SLI won't help, get an X1900XT for under $300 :)

Oh, and congrats... that is an LCD worth drooling over :drool2:

Ok guyz, I need some good advice as I cannot make up my mind. I believe I need a new Graphics card like a 7900GT to use my LCD to the max till the DX10 cards are out. The way I see it, I will have to sell of my 6800GT now or I wont get even 10% of original price in future and same is the case with the Processor and mobo. I have some upgrade options in mind.

1. Get a NF4 mobo which supports Socket 754 and PCI x16 and sell of my 6800GT and mobo and get a 7900GT and reuse all my current stuff till March and get a C2D and DX10 card then. Are there any Socket 754 boards with PCIx16 like DFI NF4X Infinity. Is Infinity good?
2. My Sis will also need a new machine some around December or Jan to run Vista. Her work would be mostly in Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop and some other software (No high end gaming). The main criteria for per would be stability and performance. So I can get a Mobo and Processor tailored for her needs and use it myself in the meantime, till I can give it to her. What Mobo and Processor should I get in this case. She will definitely need a Dual core Proccy. If I can lay my hands on a decent 965 mobo for 5-7k (OC options not requied as its finally going to be my sis's rig), I can go for a E6300. other options include a X2 3800 or even a Pentium D 820.

My own plans for my future rig would be a E6600 and a 975 mobo, but I cannot get them along with a 7900GT right now because of diminished wallet (The LCD Panel :) )

The 7900GT would not be wasted as I can either sell it off or give it to my Sis for her use.

Plz give me some suggestions.... What would be the intelligent upgrade path for me. I do not wish to spend too much at the moment. What I wish is to sell of some of my current stuff (see rig in sig) and get new stuff that would be useful either to me or my Sis.

lord_nemesis said:
for 1.7k from IndMall (without the Steel Mousepad). comparitively a bit pricy, but still it was door delivered, and hence worth the extra price.

that is in fact a very good price......

The mouse uses the same laser sensor as the COpperhead, the G5 and the G7.....1.7K is a very good price :p

Nikhil said:
that is in fact a very good price......

The mouse uses the same laser sensor as the COpperhead, the G5 and the G7.....1.7K is a very good price :p

Yeah, Its sensor is same as G5 and copperhead and it performs well too. frankly I cannot use it at the 2000 DPI setting :eek:hyeah: . I am using it at 1600dpi as I found it to be the best setting for me. It retails at 2k with a Steelpad QCK bundled or 1.6 k without the mousepad. I got it for 100 bucks more for the convinience of getting it delivered to my doorstep. But its money well spent. :)

Back