iOS Some upcoming capcom titles no longer support previous iphones

Emrebel

Adept
I was just scrolling through app store and saw that RE:4 and Village will be coming to iphone and ipad this year. It was surprising to see that my phone (iPhone 12) was not compatible with the games. It requires minimum iPhone 15. Moreover, iPad with only M1 chips or greater support the game.

Is it some nice strategy to age out the old devices or the games genuinely require good hardware for performance?

IMG_9858.jpeg

Is it some nice strategy to age out the old devices or the games genuinely require good hardware for performance?
Depends on how big of a downgrade it is visually, I'm guessing it should be somewhere between a switch and a steam deck.
Still impressive to get these titles running on a phone, it definitely wouldn't run on an Iphone 12 which is almost 3 years old now.

RE4 remastered is difficult to run even on my Rog ally in turbo mode.
Needs tuning down the visuals to the minimum + enable FSR2 for scaling to 1080p... yet remains difficult to maintain a stable 30+fps.
Need to make some compromises even on a 3070 PC that draws almost 300W on the wall while running this game.

Not sure if it the game is badly optimised but The fact that it can even run on any phone/ non gaming system while on battery power is by itself quite a feat.

I was just scrolling through app store and saw that RE:4 and Village will be coming to iphone and ipad this year. It was surprising to see that my phone (iPhone 12) was not compatible with the games. It requires minimum iPhone 15. Moreover, iPad with only M1 chips or greater support the game.

View attachment 180630
not even on iPhone 15. Its only 15 pro and pro max
I got 15 and it says not supported.

not even on iPhone 15. Its only 15 pro and pro max
I got 15 and it says not supported.
Ya I mean new iphones now run on one older gen chip. Though I am still not sure with the reason for not including other phones. I feel it is some stupid exclusivity.

Ya I mean new iphones now run on one older gen chip. Though I am still not sure with the reason for not including other phones. I feel it is some stupid exclusivity.
Most likely because the GPU features on 15P and 15PM processors are required for them to run.

Back