Sonoff Alternatives??

What do you guys suggest for retrofit modules that can be controlled locally (I'll need a couple of 4 & 6 nodes). I'm confused as so many are available now and all of them have mixed reviews.

1. Sonoff 4chr3 (comparatively costly)
2. Tinxy (most affordable ig with hacs integration)
3. Wipro (costly again)
4. Smarteefi
5. Teqooz, Protium, Arnics, blabla

Which is the better among them considering connectivity issues, Local integration with HA, Warranty/After sales, safety and pricing?
there are lot of options now unlike before

there are multiple Tuya & Tasmota Touch switches on Amazon like the one in the link in my previous post
there is Sonoff MiniR2 which can be flashed with Tasmota

If you are looking for traditional switch, A youtuber built his own Tasmota based 4ch switch board project which he sells for 850rs,

View attachment 193746
4 Channel Wifi Smart Switch Module
- Tasmota pre-flashed
- Works directly on AC mains
- Supports Manual Wall Switches
- Easy Light or Temperature Sensor Connectivity.
- Easy Wifi Status LED Connectivity
- Onboard ESP12F Module
- Re-flashable using onboard Flash Headers
- Works with Home Assistant / Standalone
- Can handle upto 10A load per Channel
Which youtuber are you talking about? Can you dm me their link?

What do you guys suggest for retrofit modules that can be controlled locally (I'll need a couple of 4 & 6 nodes). I'm confused as so many are available now and all of them have mixed reviews.

Which is the better among them considering connectivity issues, Local integration with HA, Warranty/After sales, safety and pricing?

Buy this for easy setup and 100% local control, Tasmota is amazing, but this touch switches...
EZIE Wi-Fi Smart Home Automation Switch (TASMOTA | ESP32 | Opensource Driver | MATTER Experimental Support | Touch Switches with Adjustable backlit RGB) (4 Gang (White)) : Amazon.in: Home Improvement

Many tuya devices are now flashable with ESPHome & Openbeken via Tuya Cloudcutter

Which youtuber are you talking about? Can you dm me their link?

Youtuber is vccground - he runs a Telegram channel, link should be in his videos description.

Youtuber is vccground - he runs a Telegram channel, link should be in his videos description.
I have bought 2CH model from him, it is now transit. BTW the prices have changed, 2CH costed me around 920 including shipping cost.
It will come as bare module, no covers included.

I have bought 2CH model from him, it is now transit. BTW the prices have changed, 2CH costed me around 920 including shipping cost.
It will come as bare module, no covers included.
let us know how it goes, you can add Bell Switches and enable push option is tasmota console (set Swtichmode to 3,) which will enable Bell Switch option
)

The device was shipped via Indian post which took some time for delivery and got it two days back. it was wrapped in soft thermocol material, packaging was good. The box came with instructions mentioned on single page along with one jumper wire to active WiFi.

I didn't want to take any chance so spoke with Harvinder (Seller) and he was kind to answer all my queries. I had connected device to power supply & It took 2 mins to connect with Tasmota Dashboard and then added to HA via MQTT. Now waiting for an electrician to fit it into wall switch. I will update the status once it is placed inside wall switch.
P_20240413_163556.jpg

Installed board inside wall switch two days back and it is working fine. We faced some challenges during installation but harvinder was very helpful and have guided us during troubleshooting.

I would never trust that device, nor would I install a 10A relay without a casing inside the electrical box, the chances of the solder at the back piercing through the coating of the other electrical wires is too high and when that happens it's going to blow things inside your house.

As everything IOT races to the bottom, that looks like a steep price considering the components.

A 2 channel module from Tinxy is 850 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/Tinxy-Smart-Switch-Compatible-Google/dp/B08QF5WVN2/

And there's information on how to flash Tasmota/ESPHome on their forums: https://forum.tinxy.in/t/flashing-c...sphome-and-then-restoring-back-to-original/32

But for this kind of implementation, I'd just go with a 200ml food container (Rs 50), a Node MCU (Rs 200), a two channel relay module (Rs 75) and a USB charger (free or Rs 150). You could just use heatshrink tubing on the exposed circuit boards and skip the food container.

Back