N

NotMyRealName

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for £ 154.99 @ chitterchatter.co.uk - Now in Stock

Local (indian) online sellers:

http://www.buythepri...eria-play__1893 OOS

http://www.letsbuy.c...ia-play-p-13589 OOS

Amazon US:

http://www.amazon.co...ing/B004N861MG/

http://www.amazon.co...ing/B004VM1R1Y/ (White Version)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Buy Sony Ericsson XPERIA PLAY online, - Chitter Chatter - 154.99 OOS

Chitter Chatter is part of T-Mobile, the phone sold by them is sim unlocked is reported to be sim unlocked, but please check before buying.

Other deals currently going on:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play on from Prepay - OOS

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play SIM Free & Unlocked - Foniacs - OOS

Sony Ericsson XPERIA PLAY Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phone - OOS

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Sim Free | Very.co.uk - OOS

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Sim Free Mobile Phone with 8gb memory card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Sim Free Mobile Phone with 16gb memory card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - Very high pricing!

This dock is at an awesome price too: Sony Ericsson DK300 Multimedia Dock - Foniacs - OOS

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004RSFZMO/

RaSh

Disciple
Aug 15, 2008
re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for £ 154.99 @ chitterchatter.co.uk - Now in Stock

There's no guarantee that they will get more stock. According to Chitter Chatter support person

"Unfortunately at this stage we can’t say when or if we will be getting anymore Experia Play’s in" (from xda forum)

Other options:

Get an O2 phone and buy an unlock code for something like 20pounds

Get an unlocked phone from very.co.uk for 200pounds

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Sim Free Very.co.uk

Thanks for the headup btw.

N

NotMyRealName

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for £ 154.99 @ chitterchatter.co.uk - Now in Stock

No guarantees for anything in life, but at this price, it's worth keeping an eye on the page in case it does come in stock. Even O2 was OOS last i checked. £200 kinda spoils the deal doesn't it? But i'm sure the price will drop even further soon.

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi

200 pounds is like 16k + SNS shipping - 16.6k + customs- 400 ~ 17k , its a good deal @17 k

N

NotMyRealName

Sure is, when it's selling for ~30k here, but it's no fun since we've now seen the £155 figure!

I have my mind set on getting an atrix for less than $350 by November when a friend is due to return from the US. It's the challenge of getting something for the lowest possible, not the amount itself ;)

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi

the play is a good phone at ~ 17k , any takers , Bulk orders would be beneficial to strike more deals with others !

N

NotMyRealName

Bulk orders might be tough given the already short supply of the phone. they might start restricting like 2 per person like the blade during the peak.

the very.co.uk link doesn't say OOS but does say "Delivery within 2 weeks" which probably means the same thing. An in-stock item wouldn't take more than 2-3 days.

N

NotMyRealName

There's a 10k price difference between flipkart and £155. The phone is definitely NOT worth 20k+. Maybe by rip-off indian pricing standards ...

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi

ok here is the deal , contacted a few retailers for bulk pricing 10 pcs @ about 15k each including the Shipping

Hows this deal ?

i am negotiating further , but discount is only on 10 Pcs, if we get more people good , else i am still buying this ,

am i Taking the Right decision ?

Shall i consider other phones ?

How is the build quality of this , i mean any generic problems , i had a SE c905 earlier which was a nightmare to deal with

Help appreciated !

N

NotMyRealName

That price is quite alright if it includes shipping/customs etc. Who did you get in touch with exactly? Locally or in the UK?

Reviews are mostly ok, haven't heard of any major issues. There were some s/w bugs in the early version which were mostly all fixed by updates.

Be aware that this phone is only recommended for those who want a gaming device with psp-like buttons. It makes the phone slightly bulky and about 5mm thicker than the average droid. Or for those who want a 4" screen for the least money. Alternatives to this may be the defy with a .3" smaller screen and a slower cpu.

krugur

Gaming Freak
Skilled
Apr 27, 2010
Bangalore

mpaspc said:
ok here is the deal , contacted a few retailers for bulk pricing 10 pcs @ about 15k each including the Shipping
Hows this deal ?

i am negotiating further , but discount is only on 10 Pcs, if we get more people good , else i am still buying this ,

am i Taking the Right decision ?
Shall i consider other phones ?
How is the build quality of this , i mean any generic problems , i had a SE c905 earlier which was a nightmare to deal with

Help appreciated !

Why dont you start a GO if u have all the details ironed out. Am sure there will be some people interested in this.

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009

^^Agree.If its a 'GO' then count me in.

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi

see , if you do get 10 members i will throw in everything i know but , since i am new to this community let me read the rules first , also i will not be responsible for any duties or so this prices includes shipping and a bonus case which would please many of you , Delhi buyers only can pay cash , but what about others , how will they pay ,

i will share the details later this evening . so please ask any questions now

Pranav.Falcon

Disciple
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai

yea keep us updated about the 'GO'....Might be interested

N

NotMyRealName

mpaspc said:
see , if you do get 10 members i will throw in everything i know but , since i am new to this community let me read the rules first , also i will not be responsible for any duties or so this prices includes shipping and a bonus case which would please many of you , Delhi buyers only can pay cash , but what about others , how will they pay ,

i will share the details later this evening . so please ask any questions now

Payments would have to be made to you (the purchaser), in advance, by NEFT to your bank a/c preferably or cheque/dd (up to you if you can handle this mode of payment). I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere about these kind of GO procedures.

This dock is a recommended accessory: Sony Ericsson DK300 Multimedia Dock Desk Stand For: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009

@mpaspc,
Where exactly is the dealer based? Also try and bargain a bit more.:cool2:

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi

i am back , it's not like i wont try , also there is a small problem , i cant pay for all the 10 pcs , i got the seller to include dock for everyone At a price , i will conduct a GO tomorrow , but i need a Few Questions Answered .

Q1 - Payment Directly to my card via MAster Card Money Transfer , so that i don't have Problems while filling my returns , also i dont do NEFT regularly so dont bother ,is that Okay ?

Q2 - What about the Customs wont i be Charged Heavily by customs on importing 10 phones ?

Q3 - What about local Shipping To their Houses ?

psycho911

Disciple
Sep 13, 2011

^^If there is a GO i'm interested. I'm from delhi.And would actually prefer paying by cash.

Ans1: if you want the money transferred, it's extremely easy via NEFT, party1 log's in to their bank, and sends money to party 2's (i.e. your) bank account directly. It'll also be easier for us, the customers.. :)

ans 2: i think customs is 4.3% on cell phones, so it's simply 4.3% added to each phone, you won't have to sell an arm and a leg to get it. and the customs price will also obviously be shared by every1.

Ans3: Local buyers like me can collect it in person, you can charge the rest for the shipping.

Also, you posted this in you WTB thred

mpaspc:
i think i have decided not to go with that one , although i can get a new one for about 16k but that After sales by sony is horrible , they have too many problems ,

i had a SE C905 before and it went bad within 1 month , first earpiece problems , then random switch off , the problems kept on increasing i am now looking for the Atrix .

Even i was looking for an atrix uptil now. but the possibility of getting PSP controls at 15k is too much to resist.But, is sony's service that bad?and will the deal include some kind of warranty?international or otherwise?

I'm very much into gaming, and even though the xperia play will get games customised for its controls, i'm not sure how long the 1Ghz, Adreno 205 :puke: GPU will keep us satisfied in the future. any views on this??

Pranav.Falcon

Disciple
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai

yea...This is a killer deal...just wanted to know about the warranty...

And please keep us updated...my friends also might be interested....