Sony Erricson - Xperia Play (GSM) Useful Links

I just bumped into the vlc link yesterday and tried it. Constant artifacts. Will wait for a final or beta release.

Mobo supports hw on the regular formats which all other players do too, but not on 720p mkv as that guy is claiming. It's a decent player though. MX video player, in addition to hw and sw modes, has a sw fast mode, which reduces image quality and plays pretty much everything smoothly, even 720ps - this app is recommended with mobo to make up your video player collection. And finally, Dice player is supposed to play almost everything with hw accel, but there's some issue with the paid version, and the applanet one doesnt work. (in fact many applanet apps don't work - devs are getting better at anti piracy i think), and the free version works only for 3 days and that too with an ugly banner across the top. Otherwise supposedly clearing the app data in settings would keep giving you 3 more days. I've given up and sticking to 480p and 576p rips.

Julian said:
I just bumped into the vlc link yesterday and tried it. Constant artifacts. Will wait for a final or beta release.

Mobo supports hw on the regular formats which all other players do too, but not on 720p mkv as that guy is claiming. It's a decent player though. MX video player, in addition to hw and sw modes, has a sw fast mode, which reduces image quality and plays pretty much everything smoothly, even 720ps - this app is recommended with mobo to make up your video player collection. And finally, Dice player is supposed to play almost everything with hw accel, but there's some issue with the paid version, and the applanet one doesnt work. (in fact many applanet apps don't work - devs are getting better at anti piracy i think), and the free version works only for 3 days and that too with an ugly banner across the top. Otherwise supposedly clearing the app data in settings would keep giving you 3 more days. I've given up and sticking to 480p and 576p rips.

All the apps/games that ive tired on Applanet work. They sometimes fail if you already have the market version of the app installed and you are trying to overwrite/update it. It then gives you a parse fail error or something like that. Workaround : uninstall the app from your phone completely and install the applanet version. The Dice player (paid) description says currently cannot purchase as the checkout account is disabled im guessing thats why its failing.Hopefully works in a couple of days :)

No man, i've tried some new apps & games (can't remember which exactly now) and some of them fail after installing with some error or the other. I tried dice via applanet (slightly older version i think) and it gives a verification error. You think the applanet version will work after it's back on android market or will i have to pony up $5?

LOL. Will do that. But it will be via roaming edge, goin outta town tonight. back in a couple weeks. keep the thread goin!

Added link to SE Extreme Tweaker on first post:

-Install CWM on stock rom (locked and unlocked)
-APK installer
-BassBoost
-Bravia engine
-Dalvik2Cache
-install Java for Android v2.1, 2.2, 2.3

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Julian said:

Came across BSPlayer which supposedly supports hardware

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free

Arm7 support:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bsplayer.bsplayeran.cpu.armv7v

Back