Sony Neo V from Sulekha?

comp@ddict

Skilled
Guys is Sulekha.com trustworthy? Should I go ahead and order the phone the next time it drops into the 15k range on the site?

I've seen one guy waiting weeks to receive his SGS 2, I can't afford to have that with me.
Also, suggest a good 8GB memory card. I don't know about Memory Class and all, suggest or just point out(on flipkart or letsbuy) the best performing 8GB card to be used with this phone itself keeping in mind VFM.

Crossx said:
For 8gb sd card, get the Samsung class 6 card with card reader from homeshop18 for Rs. 475/- (reliable and enough speed for mobiles)

and do HS18 ship the SAMSUNG micro SD or the Sandisk one ?

Just asking bcoz aa TE member got a sandisk instead of Samsung

darkraven said:
Sulekha is trustworthy...you've just gotta be patient with them(partly because of the crappy courier service). I'd recommend you get the 16gb samsung class 6 card from hs18.

oh k, will wait for next 15k deal. I cant find Sammy's memory card on their site. It's compatible with Sony phones right? Nothing of that Sony certified memory only shit na?

it is a fine deal...only if you can suffice yourself with 8gb memory.

great phone...looks great..better than all other in its price range...stands out...gonna get ics in jan hopefully...only drawback...the internal memory is too low(but thats just me...I installed some 100 apps in the first few days :p )

the internal memory is too low(but thats just me...I installed some 100 apps in the first few days )

but then Apps2SD should solve that problem right?

And I keep my phone extremely clutter free. I dont think Im ever gonna have more than 10-15 apps installed at a time. 25 tops(even thats wayyy beyond happening)

Yeah ICS demo is already out, and the ICS upgrade makes this phone an ever better choice.

Hmm 8GB, I'll see if I go for 16GB or something instead. And how's the display and camera? And do HD games work fine?

not all apps support app2sd :(. Display is surprisingly good...but dont be surprised if you find the phone(screen and back) covered in smudges within an hr of usage. There are other minor gripes though..on low brightness the phone continuously readjusts its brightness...the left silver panel creaks on pressing...but hey, the phone atleast looks the price unlike other (*cough*samsung*cough*) phones.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Camera is ok...image stabilization works great...hd games work well...(samurai 2 vengeance no lag :hap2:)

If you're planning on rooting and installing a custom rom like CM7, you can partition your memory card & install Link2SD and forget about low memory issues for the rest of the phone's life. Btw, great phone. It's the best phone in its price range, IMO. Better than Defy and Galaxy SL.

I would recommend to go for a 16GB card and anything above Class4 is fine .. I have used SanDisk 16GB Class 4 card which really served the purpose, I got it for 1100 bucks from dvdstoredelhi and the whole deal was nice and sweet.. Now with the prices slightly reduced, i guess the Samsung's 16GB Class6 is a good bet (Class10 or anything above Class6 will have a impact when you use them for digicams and for mobiles -- for video playing and other stuff i am sure Class6 should suffice)

http://www.theitbazaar.com/store/ou...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=621&category_id=76

TE thread: http://www.techenclave.com/dvdstoredelhi/samsung-16gb-class-6-mobile-microsd-200826.html

Now coming to Neo or NeoV (Neo i guess only has the 8MP camera and the rest same as V) have you tried it? Now this is my personal opinion so don't hate me:p I was shown Neo as a good phone in the 18-19k range by the MobileStore guy as he was saying it will get the ICS update soon but when i took the phone I felt like holding a slightly heavy stone and not a smartphone :) and for me only the Arc really impressed me in SE range.. super sleek, stylish, lighter and it was really attractive as well.. but in the end as you know I ended with O2x which taught me that more than beauty the specs are important and also the major factor -- price:)

ariendj said:
bought one for my bro..

the cam is good and AF is a delight to use.the flash is extra bright.

HD games work well on it with no lag.

the whole phone external setup reminds me of a P&S sony cam than a phone!!

why dont you buy from ebay.in for 15.6k

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Ericsson XPERIA NEO V | eBay

and you will get a free gift woth 1.2k-1.5k which you could sell later!!

was about to post the same ebay link if the OP really wants the Neo :)

neo | eBay

i bought sony neo v from sulekha about 3weeks ago for 15001rs, and it has been shipped within 5 days from sangeetha mobile store in bangalore, and i got samsung class6 16gb memory card from HOMESHOP 18 for 850rs.

over all i saved quite a bucks. phone is really good and only negative is low internal memory.

I would have gone for O2X, but I'm strictly limited to 15 and a ,max of 16k on the phone, that's it.

And the additional 1k for Memory Card on top of that.

At this price range, I only have a few options, Defy is not preferred. Nokia 701 is the alternative.

comp@ddict said:
I would have gone for O2X, but I'm strictly limited to 15 and a ,max of 16k on the phone, that's it.

And the additional 1k for Memory Card on top of that.

At this price range, I only have a few options, Defy is not preferred. Nokia 701 is the alternative.

Got it....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

just checked LB and HomeShop18 and you get O2X for 19k.. Neo + 8GBcard (O2X already has 8GB inbuilt) costs you 16k and if you add 3k more am sure you will get the best deal...just my thoughts:)

Back