Sony Neo V from Sulekha?

comp@ddict

Skilled
Guys is Sulekha.com trustworthy? Should I go ahead and order the phone the next time it drops into the 15k range on the site?

I've seen one guy waiting weeks to receive his SGS 2, I can't afford to have that with me.
Also, suggest a good 8GB memory card. I don't know about Memory Class and all, suggest or just point out(on flipkart or letsbuy) the best performing 8GB card to be used with this phone itself keeping in mind VFM.

the ebay deal is legit.the gift coupon can be entered while checking out.

details given in

eBay.in: Christmas shopping festival

the Neo V deal :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-SONY-ERI...50997?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item416088c7b5

1)use the christmas deal and get a bluetooth set or micromax phone as gift which is atleast worth 1k so deal comes to 14750 for phone(after selling the gift)

or

2)use a 5% discount coupon to get it at 15,250.

or

3)buy from the week deals for 15,590

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130616810380#ht_2660wt_905

What's the deal with low onboard memory complaints?

I just got an Xperia Pro a week ago and after I install a few apps, I go to applications and move them to the SD card. Are you all lazy enough to not be able do that?

^^ Okay. So what's the better way to go?

1. Get the Jabra Headset, although I have pretty good Sony earphones already.

2. Get the Micromax Phone or Jabra and sell it(how much will I get?? and is it a sure sell??)

3. Go for the discount.

Virus.exe said:
What's the deal with low onboard memory complaints?

I just got an Xperia Pro a week ago and after I install a few apps, I go to applications and move them to the SD card. Are you all lazy enough to not be able do that?

Not all apps can be moved to SD card using Froyo/GB's native app2sd on an unrooted phone. Even after rooting, you can't move apps like widgets and live wallpapers to the SD card as they do not work. What I don't understand is why can't manufacturers like SE and (especially) HTC give users at least 1GB of internal memory? Is it so expensive?

pageisgod85 said:
Not all apps can be moved to SD card using Froyo/GB's native app2sd on an unrooted phone. Even after rooting, you can't move apps like widgets and live wallpapers to the SD card as they do not work. What I don't understand is why can't manufacturers like SE and (especially) HTC give users at least 1GB of internal memory? Is it so expensive?

totally agree with your point and thats why always waited for a good deal to change my P500 as it had just 199MB:( --> ...give users at least 1GB of internal memory? Is it so expensive?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
^^ Okay. So what's the better way to go?

1. Get the Jabra Headset, although I have pretty good Sony earphones already.

2. Get the Micromax Phone or Jabra and sell it(how much will I get?? and is it a sure sell??)

3. Go for the discount.

if i were you then i would go for the third option -- discount as i don't require another phone or a BT..

how about this Neo.. Rs. 15,390.00 + 200 shipping

Brand New Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V white colour | eBay

thegame said:
how about this Neo.. Rs. 15,390.00 + 200 shipping

Brand New Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V white colour | eBay

i dint mention that link as the seller is pretty much new.but looking at his feedback seems a good seller(just remind him to ship it quick though)

the phone or jabra BT will sell in our market and you can see through our member deals who often sell freebies got through such online stores!!

could easily get 1.2k shipped as long as it still packed and new.but do understand that you will be getting the gift only in january.

i haven't seen any memory issues yet on my bro's phone and he already got tons of HD games loaded on his memory card.

even though as many mentioned an 1gb internal memory wouldn't hurt!!

Hey guys, thanks all for your valuable inputs and help, but after much consideration, I'm putting my phone purchase on hold. I've already hit nearly 7k damages this month, on other essential accessories :D, and then again, with ICS just launched, and 28nm launching, I'm willing to give it 6 months time to see native ICS phones, and new 28nm chips hit midrange and high end phones and bring price and performance down and up respectively.

So 6 months later, I'll be back with a thread :D

comp@ddict said:
Hey guys, thanks all for your valuable inputs and help, but after much consideration, I'm putting my phone purchase on hold. I've already hit nearly 7k damages this month, on other essential accessories :D, and then again, with ICS just launched, and 28nm launching, I'm willing to give it 6 months time to see native ICS phones, and new 28nm chips hit midrange and high end phones and bring price and performance down and up respectively.

So 6 months later, I'll be back with a thread :D

you are most welcome and i guess the next thread will be Sony Neo W from Sulekha :)

LOL not necessarily Sony. See, my requirements must be met that's all, they are:

1. Has good community support or atleast comes with Latest Android OS

2. Minimum 3.7" screen size

3. Minimum 1GHz single core and 512MB RAM which can play all HD games(except those exclusive to dual cores and platforms)

4. Minimum 5MP autofocus camera with LED good IQ and 720p Video, front cam for video calling

5. A 15k price tag

6. 1GB internal for apps

7. Preferably of brands: Samsung, LG, Sony

That's pretty much almost all that Sony Neo V has, and maybe in 6 months, these specs will improve at the same price point(HOPING!)

There's the Orange SanFrancisco II which fills almost all the requirements, pity it isn't available in India.

Back