Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

So finally you guys do have a date for the ICS update - 28th September !. Asia will get it first, so a SG Generic ROM will be available starting 28th even if it's not released in India. So download Flashtool and keep ready :)

Singapore Generic. The FTF files will be uploaded on XDA, so if you have Flashtool you can flash any regional ROM that comes out first on 28th. Anyhow there is no difference apart from some extra/less apps.

^Alright!
But I would still like to wait for official ICS(for India) before getting into flashing. @randomuser111 : BTW Xperia S has got ICS right? How is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Xperia S for 23,500. Loving it so far, I really wish the industry would begin to focus a bit more on battery technologies. Something like 2300 mAh would have struck the gold on this phone.

28th September. No ICS. This is such a disappointment.

How fast does your battery drain, my XPERIA go loses ~30% of battery after charging it ~2000 hours (at night before I hit the sack) and idling till morning 0700 hours.

I have disabled background data updation, phone is on only GSM network mode and I kill applications like Whatsapp and Recommender and the junk that comes bundled on the phone every time. Still these 30% drops, can post screenshots in support.

P.S. -- Also phone gets very toasty when I play games OR attach it to the charger, should I place this for replacement. I regret buying a touch-device should have played safe and gone for a cheap NOKIA phone.

I lose barely 5% battery over 6-8 hours idling overnight. This is without any power saver or battery saving app.

Same here, I don't use any apps. I kill the ones I use every time and the restart themselves (Whatsapp is a major culprit here). Hence I spoke to the service centre guys and will take my phone to them on Monday for a dekho.

Disappointment doesn't cap what I am feeling right now.

I dont have a S but a P and it loses around 4-5% battery life for the night but when i play GTA3 it loses around 20% in 10-15min :(

@ALPHA17

Your phone's battery is getting drained due to wakelocks. Install Better Battery Stats (available for free at XDA) in order to find the culprit behind these wakelocks. In my 1.5 years of using Whatsapp, I have never found it to be a battery drainer in deep sleep mode. Most common culprits behind wakelocks are RILJ (bad network signal) and Media Scanner.

Also, task killers on Android are useless and should never be used. It will only result in additional battery drain as the apps will keep restarting, thereby increasing processor cycles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back