Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

@ALPHA17

Your phone's battery is getting drained due to wakelocks. Install Better Battery Stats (available for free at XDA) in order to find the culprit behind these wakelocks. In my 1.5 years of using Whatsapp, I have never found it to be a battery drainer in deep sleep mode. Most common culprits behind wakelocks are RILJ (bad network signal) and Media Scanner.

Also, task killers on Android are useless and should never be used. It will only result in additional battery drain as the apps will keep restarting, thereby increasing processor cycles.

Mentioned already I DO NOT USE ANY APP KILLERS, I GO INTO THE SETTINGS AND KILL THE APP from there. WHATSAPP and a few game applications keep restarting their processes even after force kills.

Thanks for better battery stats link. Will have a dekho and report back. Cheerio!

Update Just checked it is a paid app. I do not have a credit cared =[.

Downloading XDA edition via QR code.

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Mentioned already I DO NOT USE ANY APP KILLERS, I GO INTO THE SETTINGS AND KILL THE APP from there. WHATSAPP and a few game applications keep restarting their processes even after force kills.

Thanks for better battery stats link. Will have a dekho and report back. Cheerio!

Update Just checked it is a paid app. I do not have a credit cared =[.

Downloading XDA edition via QR code.

As per android white paper, the os is designed to save battery and not memory. In addition to make the app launch faster it keeps caching mostly used apps in memory. They are not running but loaded, now if you keep on closing app and OS will keep on loading them...

Yes it will drain the battery faster. What I do is to kill only if OS is lagging

See ICS for sola in action :)

- - - Updated - - -

Since it's not confirmed whether or not India will get the update tonight, I suggest you guys download Flashtool so you can download ftf of any region where it comes out tonight and flash it on your device :)

No update as of now. If I update using PC companion software, all the apps and settings that I currently have on my phone will be lost or shall be retained?

If I use flashtool, same question on that too!

No update as of now, will keep you guys updated once I get a pop up :D

So excited :D

Waiting on your go Boss-man.

Hope that my phone battery issues are solved in the coming week and then I can get the Android experience to the fullest. Cheerio!

No update as of now. If I update using PC companion software, all the apps and settings that I currently have on my phone will be lost or shall be retained?

Everything goes. Simple.

Better back up. =]

Everythng goes? Apps contacts everything? Even when updating using PC Companion?

That sucks :/

Yup it does. Happened for arc s n neo v while upgrading them. But contacts werent deleted while updating xperia p to ics. Just the apps were gone. Backup your contacts using pc companion and then update

The contacts won't be deleted cause they're synched in your gmail account.@comp@ddict Everything else gets flash,So do titanium backup OR use SMS Backup and restore to backup messages.The only thing which will suck is that you'll have to reinstall all the apps you've downloaded but ICS is good so it's worth it @ALPHA17 Why so serious?,You were gonna get ICS soon so it happened,Enjoy.Don't screw up while flashing.:p
Yup it does. Happened for arc s n neo v while upgrading them. But contacts werent deleted while updating xperia p to ics. Just the apps were gone. Backup your contacts using pc companion and then update

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys it's always recommended you go for a completely fresh install as if you keep your old stuff the phone may not be as smooth and fast as you'd like. So sync/backup your contacts and messages. All the apps I'd suggest you install fresh after ICS.

Anyway as for the update last night the Go got the update in some regions. Today maybe Sola/U will get. Fingers crossed.

ICS screenshots from the GO

uploadfromtaptalk1348887031326.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1348887046559.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1348887054110.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1348887121540.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1348887128269.jpg

Haha really nice Quadrant score though. Only 500-700 points behind my S

^^ Haven't used flashtool, any gripes and handicaps after using that Flashtool. ? I love TrackID don't wanna loose it :(

Any startup guide :p *noobinandroidflashing*

Back