Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

^^ Haven't used flashtool, any gripes and handicaps after using that Flashtool. ? I love TrackID don't wanna loose it :(

Any startup guide :p *noobinandroidflashing*

No handicaps, and nor do you need to unlock your bootloader/or be rooted. And you won't lose TrackID in any case. Even if you unlock bootloader, TrackID does work.

@comp@ddict and @ALPHA17

Some region will definitely get ICS today or tomorrow. Not too sure whether India too will get the update today or tomorrow or later. Which is why I asked you guys to be ready with Flashtool. As soon as the update for Sola/U/Go comes out in a region with lot of active users it will be uploaded on XDA. You can then download the ftf file from XDA and flash it on your device.

Also Africa seems to have received ICS for Sola/Go/U all three. But unfortunately no active members from there on XDA so no ftf file has been uploaded yet.

Get Flashtool from here

http://androxyde.github.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Some region will definitely get ICS today or tomorrow. Not too sure whether India too will get the update today or tomorrow or later. Which is why I asked you guys to be ready with Flashtool. As soon as the update for Sola/U/Go comes out in a region with lot of active users it will be uploaded on XDA. You can then download the ftf file from XDA and flash it on your device.

Also Africa seems to have received ICS for Sola/Go/U all three. But unfortunately no active members from there on XDA so no ftf file has been uploaded yet.

Get Flashtool from here

Flashtool - Xperia devices flashing

I can wait for the Indian release of ICS. Not an issue.

Even if TrackID is lost it is the most popular SONY application in Play Store.

Thanks for the heads up though, Cheerio!

P.S. -- Stopped killing applications indiscriminately and the battery-life is already much better.

Any guide on how to use flashtool?

Also do I have to root/unlock bootloader or is the boot loader already unlocked?

You don't need to root/unlock bootloader as I already mentioned. BTW bootloader is locked from factory.

Anyway here's a quick guide.

Install Flashtool application from the link I posted.
Then go to the Flashtool folder in your C or whatever drive its created, and open the folder drivers. And run falshtooldrivers.exe. Choose Xperia Go/U/Sola and also Flashmode and Fastboot drivers.

Download the ftf file from XDA (when available)

Once done copy the downloaded .ftf file to firmwares sub folder under Flashtool folder.

Now open Flashtool program. Turn off your phone and connect the data cable to the phone. Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB to PC. Keep holding the Vol up button until you see Blue LED turn on (notification light). Once the Blue LED comes on you are connected in Fastboot mode.

Click the "lightning symbol" button on Flashtool (the first large button icon). Flashmode will be chosen, click ok. Select a firmware: The ICS firmware should show up here. Just cross check if it is 4.0.4. Then click ok, files will be prepared and then you will be asked to connect device in Flash mode. Remove the USB from PC and hold down the volume down key and connect the USB to PC until the green LED comes on.

Now the flashing will start. It should complete in about 2-3 minutes. Once it's done and it shows the message waiting for device to reboot, disconnect the data cable and turn on your phone.

That's it.
@ALPHA17

Xperia Go ICS ftf is about to go online soon. You sure you don't wanna try? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Xperia Go ICS ftf is about to go online soon. You sure you don't wanna try? ;)

I 'had' battery issues (not sure if it cured) and the phone gets toasty as soon as I kick it into high-gear, so m'kay with waiting. Most prolly will stroll down to the local service centre and give my phone for a little Rn'R.

Will try Flashtool today evening, if the .ftf is available. Will it be available in Angrezi?

P.S. -- How to download the latest version 0.9.0.7 I don't see the link? n00b alert!

Well. I actually cleared my application list and all, cleaning up my phone. Will start backing up contacts in a bit (although it's all synced, Phone Contacts get synced right?)

I mean, will there be an option for English. Considering that the .ftf can be from any corner of the world. Cheerio!

Hehe yes. :p English is available on every ROM.

I'll post link to Go ICS ftf file in a few hours or tomorrow. Seems the guy is having some problem figuring out how to make the ftf work.

Hehe yes. :p English is available on every ROM.

I'll post link to Go ICS ftf file in a few hours or tomorrow. Seems the guy is having some problem figuring out how to make the ftf work.

I am not a member of XDA, do not want to join another forum just for the sake of this. Wait game, wait game. Chalo chalta hai.

Thanks for all the help, Sire.

Morning guys, after flashing to ICS last night and then constant downloads / update / patching of applications a few pointers from my Xperience (pun intended) --

PROS's --
  • Feel like a boss; yes now in the latest edition. The overall style is retained from the older Gingerbread OS with minor modifications by SONY. It feels, looks and behave as usual.
  • Now you can see effective RAM + RAM being eaten by your core applications, right of the bat.
  • Idling stats are much improved.
  • The settings menu set has undergone a radical change, many new sub-tabs and hidden options to play with.
  • I lost nothing whilst flashing from GB -->ICS apart from my contacts list and installed applications; music and videos on phone memory were intact.

CON's --
  • Things have started to become choppy, there is no apparent lag but the pacing is off, sometimes the damn thing scrolls down super fast, other times plods on.
  • My phone starts getting toasty from the get-go, animation settings are a little weird and toning them down takes a fair bit of toil.
  • Due to revamped menu I had to switch of haptic feedback from 3 different options to stop it, otherwise it can be a pain and will take a toll on your battery.
  • Taking a screenshot is officially impossible for me as of now (cannot coordinate my key-presses), hence the issue.
Overall this was a much needed update and if SONY can optimize it further I will be extremely happy.

Will update and yes the review is an official promise. Cheerio!

Back