Spica availability in India

galois

Disciple
A date with Megan Fox seems to be easier than locating a Spica in India. This thread is to share info on where the Spica is available in different cities...

Bangalore: nowhere :mad:

Mumbai: Available at Mobile World, Prime Mall, Irla, Vile Parle, Mumbai.

I guess it should also be available at Alpha.

P.S. I think u should rather date Megan Fox & ask her to ship u a Spica from Hollywood......!!! Lolzzz

nehaladsul said:
Mumbai: Available at Mobile World, Prime Mall, Irla, Vile Parle, Mumbai.

I guess it should also be available at Alpha.

P.S. I think u should rather date Megan Fox & ask her to ship u a Spica from Hollywood......!!! Lolzzz

hehe...good idea...

guess I wont have to bother with her now. found the spica in bangalore at SunTimes in Jayanagar for 12.5k. Got two, ordered 3 more.

People looking for spica in bangalore can call Ram at 9845663706. you can give my name (amit) for reference.

galois said:
hehe...good idea...

guess I wont have to bother with her now. found the spica in bangalore at SunTimes in Jayanagar for 12.5k. Got two, ordered 3 more.

People looking for spica in bangalore can call Ram at 9845663706. you can give my name (amit) for reference.
Do u really mean it that u don't want to bother with her........?!?!?!?!

Lolzzz

Neway, good that u found the phones. And the reference might help others as well. Good Job.

I'd been to that store today (SunTimes) and the guy said he didn't have the phones in stock. Another one nearby said that Spica's were no longer in production :\

Anyways... I think I'll stop my hunt for Spica at this point and time. I'll probably wait for i5800 or something.

red_devil said:
I'd been to that store today (SunTimes) and the guy said he didn't have the phones in stock. Another one nearby said that Spica's were no longer in production :\

Anyways... I think I'll stop my hunt for Spica at this point and time. I'll probably wait for i5800 or something.
"The spica is no longer in production....." is a piece of crap...!!! I recently mailed Samsung asking them if the Spica was not being produced & I got a reply in the -ve. So, Samsung hasn't stopped production of the Spica yet.

The dealer doesn't have it in stock & so, is spouting crap so as to persuade u to buy another phone that he has in stock. Simple & Cheap tactic!!!

red_devil said:

No the Spica is not discontinued at all...I've heard every possible story...
some cartoon told me that the Spica was replaced by Galaxy S and will be available for 17k (i jumped so high almost went through the roof). I asked for the model number and an hour later he txtd me saying that the model that will replace the spica is i5700. it comes with a 5MP camera and will new OS and also bluetooth...its amusing...
this guy at suntimes never said it was discontinued....keep following up with him, he does get 2-3 pieces...i think by the end of this month, everybody will have stock...

as for megan fox, was planning to use her only for the phone, got my own megan here :D

will let you know if any other news comes in from blr

A friend got it from Samsung store in Forum mall on Saturday. Though they sell very expensive - not a penny less than 13800. Call them up before going though - the dealer was saying they got a very small number of phones (as an excuse for selling it so expensive).

It was pre-loaded with Android 2.1, some build of 2.6.29 kernel. Might still be the cheapest good Android phone out there, even at 13.8k.

Went to buy Spica but due to its unavailability ended buying Xperia X10 mini..

A superb cool kickass phone guys.

I am really loving it..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

It costed me 15.5K including a pouch of 200...

SoMxNemesis said:
Ah finally.. i just placed my order too.. getting it around 12.5k.. next week or so hopefully
Where did you order it from in Blr. I need three more for friends...will buy if from whoever gives it to me first.. :)

I'm surely not buying that phone off ebay. And I don't think buying it @ 13k+ is a good idea either. I'll wait for i5800 to launch and then decide which one to buy.

Also till then if anyone of you find it in a store in B'lore {preferably south B'lore} do post it here/PM me.

And can there be some kind of a GO or something for SPICA? considering so many are inclined to buy it ?

Offtopic: what could be the cost of Wave and i5800?

I searched almost 12-15 shops in my Locality ... Nobody have it in Stock .. Some are saying its production has stopped , and some are saying it'll be available within a week ... Asked one guy whether Spica is replaced by i5800 , his reply was i5800 will launch by December end , as of now Spica will be available in a week or so ...

But the Market is flooded with Wave , and it is available for ~ 19k ...

Okay, I joined this forum specifically to ask about this. Where is this droid available in chennai?

Half of them tell me that Samsung have discontinued its production. But, this crap does not work with me. I've searched all the famous stores, Univercell, Mobile Store, Poorvika, Wavetel, even a Samsung authorized dealer in Spencer Plaza. But, no one has it in stock for the last 1 month. I've never made online purchases of anyhing greater than 10K, so I'm kinda confused.

Do tell me where the spica can be bought in chennai.

Folks ... Any idea Where is the phone available in delhi..
Hv been looking for it for quite some time...
Dealers say ( Many of them ) that they are not getting the stock...WT...F ...This is a brand new phone

^ pretty much every dealer I've spoken to also said the same thing and going by the lack of stock I'm beginning to feel the same 'cos if the phone was being produced, Samsung would rather have it sold than let it rot with themselves.

I'm now looking for other phones with android. I'm fed up with waiting for the Spica to come to my place. I asked a couple of them yesterday and they said that even Samsung doesn't know when the new stock will come.

1. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini would've been a good option if it hadn't been for the screen resolution.

2. Tattoo is never getting an update it seems, also the screen resolution and the lack of 3G in Indian Versions are a big downfall

3. I would've bought the i7500 had it been updated to 2.1 along with Spica.

4. The HTC Legend is awesome, except for its price, and Spica seems to have almost all of its features for a comparatively lower price, which again makes me wanna try and get the Spica again.

Is there really any other option in this price range. I figured the Xperia X8 would make a good rival, but I'll be old by the time it comes to India.

Back