Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

guru161 said:
Friends,

Facing issue in setting up my Gmail / accessing Google apps,Androit market.

I am able to browse and check my gmail account thru browser. I was also able to create my email account and access gmail (thru imap settings).

But when I use Gmail app (or try for Android Market) and use my Gmail account name / password it does not connect... say " unable to connect with data servers .... this could be a temporary connection problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services".

Don't know whats wrong ... my connections are working fine, data is enabled ... but not able to connect gmail account / android market.

Any suggestions..

I had the same problem too when i bought the phone. You need to activate it using WiFi. It won't work with mobile net. After activation you won't have this problem.

dude...i want to officially download from market place,but it doesnt let me do it

i have tagged my device to my Google account.

market place doesnt let me download even gun bros 3d which is free game.....i think they haven't seen the specs of mi-410,which is same as Motorola triumph.

can we change the tagging of our phone in market place?

paarkhi said:
@JalanRishikesh
Being Safe it'd be good to use Class 6 or 10 mem cards...
Stock Earphone is of no good quality, use some branded ones...
Mobo works fine for me in these 2 formate with the mentioned resolution

Thanks for your reply. What i want to know is whether a class 6 memory card really solves the problem, cause i already have a memory card and don't want to take the risk of buying another one if it does not work.

Regarding earphones, the stock ones are actually really good. The problem i have with other earphones i tested is that they work fine on their respective phones or other phones except this phone. On this phone their sound is low and i only hear music, the sound of the singer is low (Sorry i don't know the technical terms as i am not much into music).Those are in ear one's that's why i want to use them. Is there any setting to change?

Have you tried USB tethering? I am using Vodafone prepaid and did not get any settings for gprs so i configured the APN manually. I can use the net on phone but cannot use it through pc. I get an error 797 (Modem busy or not connected).

Can Android market apps be installed through PC internet instead of Mobile?
Thanks in advance.

Solution to Slow GPS

Those of you facing slow GPS problem, clear the AGPS data if you are using Locus Pro or some other app. It worked for me and now i get a lock within 1 min, earlier it used to take 10-20 mins.

amsang said:
Oh and I have already inaugurated the handset by dropping it down once...accidentally ofcourse. So far so good, and now I am also impressed with the build quality.

I have ordered a host of accessories from ebay. basically the covers. None of them fitted right now. will post the result soon.

Now this is a good news that the handset can bear a drop or fall, and please do notify about the cover, we'd also like to have for our handsets....

Let's see

vivekb said:
What I understand from his question that he want to see gujarati font in browser.... accordingly I answer, I may br wrong in understanding his question.... and other thing was that Any was in excess, :) you can see only in Opera Mini.... Thanks for the correction ...:)

Thanks for the reply, bros...
But the problem is that i m using Opera Mobile 11.10.ADR-1107051709

& the page shows lots & lots of options but I cant find that "complex script .... " checkbox that u told. searched 3-4 times for 15 mins.... cant find.. Is the OPERA Version changed ?

I m on stock firmware NONROOT.

Any 1 can tell me Link to the stock firmware that can be restored & tht has worked for warranty, If i try to update & plan to repair in future...if Needed.??? pls give me link....

max_s said:
dude...i want to officially download from market place,but it doesnt let me do it

i have tagged my device to my Google account.

market place doesnt let me download even gun bros 3d which is free game.....i think they haven't seen the specs of mi-410,which is same as Motorola triumph.

can we change the tagging of our phone in market place?

You can modify the product ids and signature in build.prop to that of desire hd if you want ;)

Complex script......will only work in opera mini and not in opera mobile

this is the rom dump of stock froyo (possibly 2.2.2) from indonesian forum (they also have the same spice csl) (I've not tried this personally)
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] can someone make custom rom for WellcoM A99 (Huawei U9000 Ideos X6)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
You can modify the product ids and signature in build.prop to that of desire hd if you want ;)

Can you please post the product IDs and signature of DHD

Thanks

dr_jimit said:
Thanks for the reply, bros...
But the problem is that i m using Opera Mobile 11.10.ADR-1107051709

& the page shows lots & lots of options but I cant find that "complex script .... " checkbox that u told. searched 3-4 times for 15 mins.... cant find.. Is the OPERA Version changed ?

I m on stock firmware NONROOT.

Any 1 can tell me Link to the stock firmware that can be restored & tht has worked for warranty, If i try to update & plan to repair in future...if Needed.??? pls give me link....
regarding opera .... its mini, not mobile and option is at last so no need to find just check at last.....
Best luck.. try and reply.....:D

jalanrishikesh said:
Solution to Slow GPS

Those of you facing slow GPS problem, clear the AGPS data if you are using Locus Pro or some other app. It worked for me and now i get a lock within 1 min, earlier it used to take 10-20 mins.

How to clear AGPD data, does SYGIC can do it? should we need install any apps for clearing the AGPS data?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Till now I was not able to root my phone, tried many times

sajokj said:
Till now I was not able to root my phone, tried many times

http://www. e r o d o v.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-6.html#post613265 (Remove the Spaces)

Follow this there is no reason you cannot root after following these steps and if you face any problem then post it here....

Just try it, I rooted again today just within 5 mins....

sajokj said:
This methord only I tried, but will this work on CSL 2.3.4? (I had using2.3.4 provided by CSL on my spice Mi410

I'm on CSL 2.3.4 and it works, post here the problems you face, FR or I'll try to help

Back