Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

vivekb said:
but titanium back is for rooted device, is there any other back up application, which I can use before root....

Dump your SMS, MMS and call log on gmail with "Backup to Gmail" app and your contacts automatically sync, other than that you can re-install freshly and if you are worried about .apk s then you can take a backup of them with astro or es file manager and re-install from the memory card again... (it will not save your data of the application). Try rooting and let us know..., BTW are you on GingerBread 2.3.4? which flavour?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sajokj said:
Hi paarkhi,

What you mean by FR's Files?

FR's Files means the original Free Radical Files which he has posted on the tutorial... If No then download only them from here

http://www. e r o d o v .com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-page2.html (Remove spaces from the link)

when it gets auto mounted then are you closing all the auto mounted windows except the one which you manually opened and has a root privilege?

I closed all the window. The only windows open was Firefox, downloaded files folder and the terminal and the root privilege nautilus window

paarkhi said:
Dump your SMS, MMS and call log on gmail with "Backup to Gmail" app and your contacts automatically sync, other than that you can re-install freshly and if you are worried about .apk s then you can take a backup of them with astro or es file manager and re-install from the memory card again... (it will not save your data of the application). Try rooting and let us know..., BTW are you on GingerBread 2.3.4? which flavour?

FR's Files means the original Free Radical Files which he has posted on the tutorial... If No then download only them from here

http://www. e r o d o v .com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-page2.html (Remove spaces from the link)

Yes I had downloaded from the same url only.

sajokj said:
when it gets auto mounted then are you closing all the auto mounted windows except the one which you manually opened and has a root privilege?

I closed all the window. The only windows open was Firefox, downloaded files folder and the terminal and the root privilege nautilus window

Yes I had downloaded from the same url only.

Re-flash freshly and then try to re-root...

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I only had the front laminated. I don't know what screen guard would be appropriate for this phone :(

FR, can you post a photo of your laminated phone, I also want to laminate it but want to see how much of it have laminated, and any chance of posting the DHD's ID and Signature to change in build.prop

Thanks in advance....

[quote name='paarkhi']Dump your SMS, MMS and call log on gmail with "Backup to Gmail" app and your contacts automatically sync, other than that you can re-install freshly and if you are worried about .apk s then you can take a backup of them with astro or es file manager and re-install from the memory card again... (it will not save your data of the application). Try rooting and let us know..., BTW are you on GingerBread 2.3.4? which flavour?

I am on CSL 2.3.4...... I will give a try to root it..... means while as you say, please post pictorial tutorial if possible for rooting..... Thanks in advance...

vivekb said:
I am on CSL 2.3.4...... I will give a try to root it..... means while as you say, please post pictorial tutorial if possible for rooting..... Thanks in advance...

Pictorial tutorial depends on time available and may not be possible within near future, but you try to root with the methods shown and if you face any problems then let us know...

paarkhi said:
Pictorial tutorial depends on time available and may not be possible within near future, but you try to root with the methods shown and if you face any problems then let us know...

thanks for the reply......

will try to root meanwhile also will take screenshot for the same..... may help me get sort with the problem if i face......

paarkhi said:
when you have succesfully opened the terminal and nautilus (2nd time without error),
click on empty space on the desktop and then on the top goto places and computer, open computer and in computer you will find system (phone) click it and then it gets mounted, come back to nautilus (root privileged) and continue with your things, planning to make a photo tutorial but let's see...

Tried that...dont see my phone there.....!!!! :-(

vivekb said:
thanks for the reply......

will try to root meanwhile also will take screenshot for the same..... may help me get sort with the problem if i face......

Taking screenshots would be a good thing....

@sajokj ur not doing anything wrong, u can get root now just follow these steps: after you have done all steps, open terminal, sudo -s,cd /media/system/bin, chown root su run all these commands you will have root, even I didn't get root at first later I found out these steps by knowing ownership of su it was shell hence changed to root using chown. Hope u get root now.

vivekb said:
but titanium back is for rooted device, is there any other back up application, which I can use before root....
U can use Superbox app for unrooted to backup apps.

To all those who are unable to get root following method on ******, do this:
1. Follow all steps on ******, FR's or Asky
2. Open terminal
3. sudo -s
cd /media/system/bin
chown root su
4. Now you will have root.

Tarita said:
Hey, you can get brand new Mi-410 just for Rs 13,999 at Spice Mi-410 | Spice Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

Don't forget to apply coupon code saholic410 to get Rs.1000 Discount, nothing new, everyone knows it.

joinsuresh said:

2. Open terminal

3. sudo -s

cd /media/system/bin

chown root su

Let's see, I hope this works because lot of people facing problem in having root, see a little knowledge of linux saves sometimes, we all are just following what FR,Asky and Huawei X6 have written.

@paarkhi Yup that's true, even I didn't get root when I followed all methods, but had linux knowledge using that I used terminal emulator on phone and run ls -l in /system/bin directory and noticed that ownership of su file was shell, it must be root if su has to be run on phone, hence used chown to change ownership to root in ubuntu terminal, it worked got root.
even I tried nearly 2 weeks to get root.!!
This will help many coz many r still struggling to get root.

joinsuresh said:
@paarkhi Yup that's true, even I didn't get root when I followed all methods, but had linux knowledge using that I used terminal emulator on phone and run ls -l in /system/bin directory and noticed that ownership of su file was shell, it must be root if su has to be run on phone, hence used chown to change ownership to root in ubuntu terminal, it worked got root.

even I tried nearly 2 weeks to get root.!!

This will help many coz many r still struggling to get root.

Let's here some feedback from Sajo

joinsuresh said:

2. Open terminal

3. sudo -s

cd /media/system/bin

chown root su

At what stage we need to do this? At the end or inbetween? can u pls help

Back