Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

vivekb said:
Please put your input if you got the cover fitted for this...... I am desperately looking for it..
The closest match is HTC HD 7. I got the silicon case from capdase costing Rs 499 + Rs 49 shipping. And also the AMZER SILICON BACK CASE COVER POUCH Rs 225 +50 and the Leather Holster Case cover for Rs 300.

Be careful while using the silicon case as there has to be some outlet for the heat to dissipate. Both cases are fitting fine. and the leather pouch is also a perfect fit.

All items from ebay. Do look for options in the ebay global buy option.

The search of Huawei Ideos X6 cases yielded some hideous results. so I have skipped it.

I am also seriously considering buying the Desktop Twin Charger and Sync Station for HTC HD7. It is costing a cool Rs 2,500. Not much but it is going to be shipped from US through cart2indiaonline, and I am only worried that the ports should match, or else it will be a junk item to me.

Deathbearer said:
Is this a good buy?, Planning to apply it on mi410

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Sony Ericson Xperia Arc Screen | eBay

I got a Scratchgard SGSEX10 For Sony Ericsson X10 XPERIA Price: Rs 345 It is a perfect match within the black area. I purchased it from saholic.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tomemmanuel said:
any suggestions on good bluetooth headsets - both stereo and mono

even I have requested members but it seems bluetooth headset users are in a minority. Anyway, I was using the ancient Nokia BH104 which I had to dump immediately due to below par audio quality. Next is BH 109 which I had purchased thr ebay. Now I have ordered the Plantronics Bluetooth Explorer 240 for Rs 1949 from letsbuy. I have applied the icicilb discount coupon too. Nothing wrong with BH 109, but the thing is my buddy has just purchased the galaxy S2 and we both are in competition of buying accessories. He is a little short on cash after spending a bomb on the handset, whereas I am having the luxury of splurging on accessories with the money saved.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jalanrishikesh said:
Thanks for your reply. What i want to know is whether a class 6 memory card really solves the problem, cause i already have a memory card and don't want to take the risk of buying another one if it does not work.

Can Android market apps be installed through PC internet instead of Mobile?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it can be done. First tick the Unknown sources option in settings-Application settings.

Then search for apps on various websites. Download the apk file on the pc. Transfer the file to the memory card using the data cable. and then install through the handset. I will be a little handicapped to tell you which are the websites, but a little searching will yield results.

hey guys, can someone please provide the details or attach the apk for the world clock app that is available in the Spice Mi-410 stock froyo firmware.

Also out off Sony Xperia Arc / X10 ... whose scratch guard is a better fit.

Then I finally took the decision after wasting lot of hours in my life for just rooting this device (Spice Mi410). I dont want to root this device using Manual methord myself. I am really fedup with this. Nothing works guys. I tried all, Flashed it with CSL 2.3.4 more than 4 times and tried to root again still not happening. I can just see an app named Superuser on my app on my phone. that is not, the phone never gets rooted. those who had rooted using methord are really lucky. If any of guys rooted from Mumbai Area who can help me pls let me know, I can visit ur place if you can help me in rooting this device. Or I will wait for a custom rom or a workgin one click gingerbreak.

thanks to all the friends here who helped me here.

sajokj said:
Then I finally took the decision after wasting lot of hours in my life for just rooting this device (Spice Mi410). I dont want to root this device using Manual methord myself. I am really fedup with this. Nothing works guys. I tried all, Flashed it with CSL 2.3.4 more than 4 times and tried to root again still not happening. I can just see an app named Superuser on my app on my phone. that is not, the phone never gets rooted. those who had rooted using methord are really lucky. If any of guys rooted from Mumbai Area who can help me pls let me know, I can visit ur place if you can help me in rooting this device. Or I will wait for a custom rom or a workgin one click gingerbreak.

you are doing something wrong......... I followed askys method and it worked on the first go itself.

i will post a tute if i can by afternoon :), dont give up

@srawat_itpro: I believe Sony Xperia Arc screen protector works better. Also Desire HD/HD7 screen protector and cases might fit the phone due to those having identical dimensions.

yes ubutnu auto mounts pendrive, cd/dvd etc in the /media folder. It is most probable that your phone was mounted as /media/system folder.

and there is no chmod 6755 it should be 755 or 655,

chmod 777 : first 7 is for the owner of the file he gets read write execute permissions second 7 is for group they also get similar permissions and last 7 is for others or all others and that means everybody gets the permission to read write and execute this particular file.

chmod 755 : owner gets all permmisson. group gets read(r) and execute (X) permission; others get r and x : that means only the owner of the file can modify it and others can just read it or if they want execute it.

while you are in linux desktop just press the print screen button and you will get the screen shot window pop up. even in live mode you can connect to internet and upload the photos to This forum.

Heck man you can browse internet and listen to music even when you are installing linux into computer. such power is seldom seen elsewhere.

@paarkhi did you try it :p ? Im feeling scared to do that custom recovery mod ... :X ... what does this thing actually do first of all :mad: ?

Scorpy said:
@paarkhi did you try it :p ? Im feeling scared to do that custom recovery mod ... :X ... what does this thing actually do first of all :mad: ?
why feeling scared..... I am going to try.... Is there any Risk......

Scorpy said:
vivekb said:
why feeling scared..... I am going to try.... Is there any Risk......

Yes, I tried it and did a Nand Backup of my rom, it works, very easy, just download the recovery image and put your phone in download mode and open the image folder replace the recovery image. (Copy the original to your PC to be on the safe side) this is much awaited CWM (ClockWorkMod) and what it does is here What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide]

for now it is useful for nand backup, restore and flashing root files and in future flashing custom Roms

NO RISK AT ALL IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY, ACTUALLY NOTHING MUCH TO DO, SIMPLE COPY PASTE

sajokj said:

did u try what I told u'll surely get root, coz even earlier for me same happened, I.e superuser app was there on phone and root checker app says busybox installed but no root. I think u r having same scenario as mine, do the 3 steps what I told u will have root.

joinsuresh said:
did u try what I told u'll surely get root, coz even earlier for me same happened, I.e superuser app was there on phone and root checker app says busybox installed but no root. I think u r having same scenario as mine, do the 3 steps what I told u will have root.

It is good to always have the knowledge but now no need to perform the root process manually, ClockWorkMod has come so install it and flash the SuperUser.zip from there and you get the root, (process shown in previous posts with links)

paarkhi said:
It is good to always have the knowledge but now no need to perform the root process manually, ClockWorkMod has come so install it and flash the SuperUser.zip from there and you get the root, (process shown in previous posts with links)

Actually I saw ur post abt clockwork mod after I replied his post, ya even I downloaded the CWM.. Thanx for links. Hope that works for him.

srawat_itpro said:
hey guys, can someone please provide the details or attach the apk for the world clock app that is available in the Spice Mi-410 stock froyo firmware.

Also out off Sony Xperia Arc / X10 ... whose scratch guard is a better fit.
I had mentioned earlier, x10 is a perfect fit for me within the black frame.

Thank God, Finally I rooted my Spice Mi-410 .

Thanks to paarkhi and all other friends here who helped me to root my phone. I used ClockWorkMod Recovery method for rooting. Its as simple as 1-2-3 , again thanks to all.

Back