Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

vivekb said:
still not able to find FIH drive.... Please find below screen shot which I am facing while installing drivers....
View attachment 16420

help me to tackle with this problem....
After seeing the image one thing is clear, the handset is not in download mode. If in download mode you should not see the CD Drive I CDROM which is seen in the image. That will come up only if you are simply connecting the handset in ON condition with the usb cable connected.

To go to download mode you have first switch off the handset
Then press Vol up and keeping vol up presses then press the power button.

If the polling starts on the hand set screen then you known you are in download mode

After that connect the handset to the PC with the USB cable.

Now since you havent really switched on the handset, all that you are supposed to see is the drive in the form of a pendrive.
I have forgotten as to what size it should be, But it will show as a removable drive.

Now since it is a removable drive means for it to be detected by windows any OS there need not be any requirement of drivers...right.

do let us know what happens.

vivekb said:
still not able to find FIH drive.... Please find below screen shot which I am facing while installing drivers....

View attachment 16420

After seeing the image one thing is clear, the handset is not in download mode. If in download mode you should not see the CD Drive I CDROM which is seen in the image. That will come up only if you are simply connecting the handset in ON condition with the usb cable connected.

To go to download mode you have first switch off the handset

Then press Vol up and keeping vol up presses then press the power button.

If the polling starts on the hand set screen then you known you are in download mode

After that connect the handset to the PC with the USB cable.

Now since you havent really switched on the handset, all that you are supposed to see is the drive in the form of a pendrive.

I have forgotten as to what size it should be, But it will show as a removable drive.

Now since it is a removable drive means for it to be detected by windows any OS there need not be any requirement of drivers...right.

do let us know what happens.

vivekb said:
View attachment 16420

do this

1)Download Any Ubuntu or Mint Linux Live Cd
2) Boot The Pc Using The Live CD
3) Put the Phone Download Mode (ie. Volume Up + Power Button) & Connect To Usb Cable
4) All The Partitions Will Mount Automatically
5)Then Replace recovery,img file in FIH Partition Of Your Phone. (Also Take A Backup Of The Original Recovery.img)

Hope this Helps, This Is The Easiest Method

vivekb said:

View attachment 16420

do this

3) Put the Phone Download Mode (ie. Volume Up + Power Button) & Connect To Usb Cable

5)Then Replace recovery,img file in FIH Partition Of Your Phone. (Also Take A Backup Of The Original Recovery.img)

Interesting app AntTek App Manager, totally free maybe not as powerful as titanium but definitely an alternative for root uninstaller which I was using earlier. Allows me to freeze apps.

Also Take A Backup Of The Original Recovery.img

Can I use this to create backup of my original spice 2.2 froyo Firmware ??????

So i can use it to restore when i get stucked in getting 2.3/root , n still get want warranty from spice after reloading it???

Can any11 give step by step method to bckup stock froyo by this method ???

And yes............................

I also DROPPED IT FROM 4 feet on solid marble floor....................................

NO CRACK/Indentation !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good piece Spice ! .. ( sorry , its FOXCON )

1 more thing for battery......

It depends a lot on Carrier, as Uninor in my city is very poor coverge,, n battery lasted <1 dy.

Now with Airtel, Full tower signal all the time, battery lasts 1.5 days( Stock Froyo, no root ) even with a lot of use..................

TRY changing ur Carrier .....

I will try root & Set CPU & screen filter when i root to decrease power consumption.

Deathbearer said:
do this

this is the last hope for me,... not able to install drives by any way.....

I have got my spice but i havent played much with it.But right now started the same.Some doubts.

1:: I dont have a big memory card planning to buy one 16 giga,but by default i inserted 512mb nokias card.But still the fone says no memory card inserted.I thought to format the same whicle connecting with usb but still that option doesnt get enable.Navin from whom i bought the fone said i need to get card reader and also said its somewhat same as sony psp where after format spice instals folders on cards automatically.But i am confused.At first place on usb it doesnt get detected than how come it will get formatted and how will card reader know its a spice mobile while formatting.Or is it on card reader when i format it deletes everything than when i put on spice it gets detected and i need to reformat?

2::I have been reading to put the fone on download mode or debug mode using volume and power button.But when i press both simultaneously still i dont get option but get same power option(silent airplane or power off).

I got the same issue second time too. The phone goes to sleep mode and Never wake up even after pressing the power button. The Green indicator LED light will be blinking. Only way is to remove the batter. we should have a soft rest button on this phone (HTC touch have it) so we can restart it with out removing tha phone's battery any one facing the same issue. Any solution

MAGNeT said:
I have got my spice but i havent played much with it.But right now started the same.Some doubts.

1:: I dont have a big memory card planning to buy one 16 giga,but by default i inserted 512mb nokias card.But still the fone says no memory card inserted.I thought to format the same whicle connecting with usb but still that option doesnt get enable.Navin from whom i bought the fone said i need to get card reader and also said its somewhat same as sony psp where after format spice instals folders on cards automatically.But i am confused.At first place on usb it doesnt get detected than how come it will get formatted and how will card reader know its a spice mobile while formatting.Or is it on card reader when i format it deletes everything than when i put on spice it gets detected and i need to reformat?

2::I have been reading to put the fone on download mode or debug mode using volume and power button.But when i press both simultaneously still i dont get option but get same power option(silent airplane or power off).
regarding download mode, please switched off your phone first then press volume key and power button combine amd you will find that your phone is in download mode.....

I need your help guys. The Camera of my phone stopped working yesterday. The camera app opens but i can only see a black screen with options on the sides. Tried other camera apps but they too report error. It was fine two days ago.

Even the flash light app does not work. I searched on the net and many people have faced similar issues on different phones.

I reset the phone, took out the battery and reinstalled and rebooted, tried clearing camera cache, formatted the memory card etc..... but still the problem persists. Anyone has any solution?

I gave the phone today to the Spice service center. He said it might be a software issue.

Everyday new issues comes up. I think we are testers for Spice, as Spice never started advertising for this model. I think they just want to see how it performs

Deathbearer said:
do this

I am using ubuntu but all drives not get automatically mount, any command... as I am totally new to ubuntu it is very difficult to find out how to mount the partition.......

any drives or any thing.....

vivekb said:
I am using ubuntu but all drives not get automatically mount, any command... as I am totally new to ubuntu it is very difficult to find out how to mount the partition.......

any drives or any thing.....

Goto places menu and computer, there you'll find all the partitions, you can select FIH from there and replace it.

jalanrishikesh said:
I need your help guys. The Camera of my phone stopped working yesterday. The camera app opens but i can only see a black screen with options on the sides. Tried other camera apps but they too report error. It was fine two days ago.

Even the flash light app does not work. I searched on the net and many people have faced similar issues on different phones.

I reset the phone, took out the battery and reinstalled and rebooted, tried clearing camera cache, formatted the memory card etc..... but still the problem persists. Anyone has any solution?

I gave the phone today to the Spice service center. He said it might be a software issue.

Flash It Again......... Use CSL froyo or gingerbread build

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jalanrishikesh said:

Deathbearer said:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thanks for your reply. I haven't done any flashing, rooting etc. Everything is stock. I don't want to flash it cause i am new to this and don't want to take the risk. Have any of u guys faced such a problem? Any other solution? It seems like phones from other companies also face this camera black screen problem, but haven't found any solutions yet.

jalanrishikesh said:
Thanks for your reply. I haven't done any flashing, rooting etc. Everything is stock. I don't want to flash it cause i am new to this and don't want to take the risk. Have any of u guys faced such a problem? Any other solution? It seems like phones from other companies also face this camera black screen problem, but haven't found any solutions yet.

I have upgraded to CSL GB 2.3.4(latest one FB.....A03.nb0)... I too faced black screen problem few times but not with camera but with 'Opera Mini' and one 'Moneycontrol' applications that I downloaded. In fact I do browse a lot but don't use camera much.. I think it is a software issue..

Back