[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

^^ Season 3 and Season 4 covers the events of third book, A Storm of Swords.

Third book, but the timeline of events has been changed a bit to adapt to the screen. The epilogue will probably come this season itself and the next season will perhaps finish the third book midway and start off with the 4th & 5th book (They're one book actually, split for being too big).

thats it... I am going to read the book! I cant wait till next season.... :D So, It is book time.. thanks mates

I like how they choose the penultimate episode (9th episode) to deliver the most shocking story. In Season 1 - Ned's beheading, Season 2 - Blackwater battle and Tyrion's injury, Season 3 - The Red Wedding.

Every other show keeps the finale reserved for the big reveal. But not with GoT. There is so much shit going on, that if they leave hanging at that for a year, the viewers would go mad. The need a final episode after the shocking happenings to calm down the viewers and then take their leave.

thats it... I am going to read the book! I cant wait till next season.... :D So, It is book time.. thanks mates

I was in the same position after the end of season 1. Finished all the books as soon as I can, now waiting for the final one. The episodes are staying true to the books, so you will definitely enjoy them even after reading the books. There are a lot of things in books which have to be omitted on-screen to keep the episodes short.

Can anyone who has read the books remember if the Melissandre takes Gendry with her as was shown on TV?

Just watched the 9th episode yesterday and found this thread today. Unable to sleep after watching.. Damn those killers..

Can`t wait to see # 10. Also have to read books rather than wait for 4th season.

Anyone from Pune have hard copies to share / sell ? Can`t read PDF or epub.

Just watched the 9th episode yesterday and found this thread today. Unable to sleep after watching.. Damn those killers..

Can`t wait to see # 10. Also have to read books rather than wait for 4th season.

Anyone from Pune have hard copies to share / sell ? Can`t read PDF or epub.

I ordered first two parts from Flipkart for Rs. 627

I was in the same position after the end of season 1. Finished all the books as soon as I can, now waiting for the final one. The episodes are staying true to the books, so you will definitely enjoy them even after reading the books. There are a lot of things in books which have to be omitted on-screen to keep the episodes short.

Can anyone who has read the books remember if the Melissandre takes Gendry with her as was shown on TV?
No, she takes the bastard who is at Storms End. His name was Edric Storm and he was released by Davos later, and he later asks Stannis to go the Wall reminding his real duty to the realm. I think they use Gendry in show because even he is a bastard and his character was already established. Introducing another character only to have him be released later doesn't make sense from a show's point of view.

^^ as I mentioned earlier it was a smart move on the part of the show's writers to not include a pointless character.

^^ as I mentioned earlier it was a smart move on the part of the show's writers to not include a pointless character.
Pointless until now that is. Don't know whether GRRM will bring him back. He can do that in the future. It is like the butterfly effect. They change something very small, but in the future they have to work around it as that change doesn't fit in with the future story in books. There are many changes like that, GRRM himself has addressed that in his books. But he also recognizes the budget limitation the show has and knows that it is for the better.

I like how they choose the penultimate episode (9th episode) to deliver the most shocking story. In Season 1 - Ned's beheading, Season 2 - Blackwater battle and Tyrion's injury, Season 3 - The Red Wedding.

Every other show keeps the finale reserved for the big reveal. But not with GoT. There is so much shit going on, that if they leave hanging at that for a year, the viewers would go mad. The need a final episode after the shocking happenings to calm down the viewers and then take their leave.

I think Episode 9 of S4 will have
Stannis coming to help the Night's watch, Oberyn vs Gregor Clegane and Tyrion killing Shae and Twyin

I think Episode 9 of S4 will have
Stannis coming to help the Night's watch, Oberyn vs Gregor Clegane and Tyrion killing Shae and Twyin
I think the S4 E9 will have
Tyrion killing Tywin while Stannis reaches the Wall. Oberon vs. Gregor would have to take place in 7th or 8th episode, as they need to have the trial too. Before that they have to also finish the Purple Wedding by Episode 3 0r 4. In between that there is also the first battle at the Wall with wildlings.

I think the episode title will be "Hands of Gold Are Always Cold" referring to both Tyrion killing Shae with the gold chain and Stannis (the true king) reaching the cold north.

Just realized how the book(s) will end. Stark's will win after all. The whole damm thing is Game Of Thrones. The Throne is made up of Iron. And who is Iron-Man......... Tony Stark... Starks Win :troll:

Well this is necessary. Started reading the books finally. Few chapters down and I needed to get off it. After watching the episodes reading the book is like nostalgia/dejavu or whatever you want to call. Only this time I don't need to picture it :p.

Found this seriously funny, good play on words.

DiuKcha.jpg

The funny aspect is that old Shammi Kapoor in the ad could easily pass off as Robert Baratheon. Considering even Robert was very handsome in his youth, it fits Shammi Kapoor well.

Pointless until now that is. Don't know whether GRRM will bring him back. He can do that in the future. It is like the butterfly effect. They change something very small, but in the future they have to work around it as that change doesn't fit in with the future story in books. There are many changes like that, GRRM himself has addressed that in his books. But he also recognizes the budget limitation the show has and knows that it is for the better.

Talking of changes, isn't Rob's wife still alive and with baby in the books?

Talking of changes, isn't Rob's wife still alive and with baby in the books?
There are various theories surrounding that. Read here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeyne_Westerling/Theories[DOUBLEPOST=1370502656][/DOUBLEPOST]Season 3 soundtrack preview - https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/got3_sndk_preview

Can't wait for the instrumental version of Rains of Castemere and also the music used when Bran and Rickon had their goodbye. Shireen's song and The Bear and the Maiden Fair would be great too.

Guitar solo of main theme - https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/newtheme/s-Vl4j9 - from Ramin Djawadi himself.

Download and read them on your phone. Imma doing that. Its fun.
On phone?

It will be hard LOL. Even on tablet or desktop I cannot stare at the screen for long; moreover these books are really lengthy. But I've seen some read novels on their phones, depends on whether they can tolerate it. I read the ~100 pages Dunk & Egg novellas on my PC as I couldn't get them in book form.

Started reading A Game Of Thrones. Quite painful reading some of it on the Starks considering how episode 9 of the last season panned out. In any case, I'm reading it on tablet. Far more comfortable and adjustable.
BTW, many of my friends didn't get how Lady Catelyn was frightened when the musicians began playing.

^ This is done more often that you think. Prison Break and Heroes followed a similar structure but leave TV shows. Almost all old school game developers followed this structure, game devs would make the 9th level very difficult (more challenging than the 10th), just to get its gamers to try hard and cross that level and reach the last level. Don't think game devs follow this anymore though.

This is done more often that you think. Prison Break and Heroes followed a similar structure but leave TV shows. Almost all old school game developers followed this structure, game devs would make the 9th level very difficult (more challenging than the 10th), just to get its gamers to try hard and cross that level and reach the last level. Don't think game devs follow this anymore though.

AFAIK Prison Break's climax was always in the finale and they kept the story hanging until next season. Haven't watched Heroes completely, but I can attest to how video game levels were designed.

Back