SRK's new movie RA.One another hollywood inspired movie??/

It is impossible to gain any info regarding movies from bollywood reviewers(whether positive or negative). I remember thoroughly enjoying Shagird (much more so than Training Day which its not a remake of btw) but it got mostly 2 star reviews.

Don't go by Indian critics. They are morons, all of them. I only follow trade analysts business rating of a film. Taran is pretty accurate of a film's merit at the box office - which directly indicates people's willingness to pay and also word of mouth.

These days reviews hardly matter to decide fate.

Almost all films are hit today.Because for being a hit film must be able to compensate making charges plus a rupee.And they do it before the movie release with big names and selling music,overseas distribution and satellite rights.

The main money minting is overseas rights where people pay thrice to watch any stuff.Even movie like traffic signal was hit.

Even RA One is a hit because not only making charges but with royalty for life time screening will make it duper hit.

But some-how i felt the trailer of the movie stands nowhere in front of agneepath trailer.

^ Traffic Signal was NOT a hit abroad.

Moreover, it's a huge misconception spread largely by the media that a film is hit or flop based on its total ROI to the producer. In reality, the HIT / FLOP tags are given based on the distributors ROI. Let's say a film was made with a total budget of 10 crores including P & P. If the film was sold to the distributors for 5 crores, and the producer made 7 crore from other sources, then the producer is in profit. However, the HIT / FLOP status is determined by whether the distributor gets back his 5 crores, and how much more he makes on top of it. If the distributor makes only 4 crores, its a FLOP irrespective of anything else.

I didnt meant abroad.

It was hit overall as the movie was made with 7 crore cost.and it made overall 9 crore in 2-3 months business.

Abroad market is of khans and akky(specially vipul shah movies).

agantuk said:
^ Traffic Signal was NOT a hit abroad.

Moreover, it's a huge misconception spread largely by the media that a film is hit or flop based on its total ROI to the producer. In reality, the HIT / FLOP tags are given based on the distributors ROI. Let's say a film was made with a total budget of 10 crores including P & P. If the film was sold to the distributors for 5 crores, and the producer made 7 crore from other sources, then the producer is in profit. However, the HIT / FLOP status is determined by whether the distributor gets back his 5 crores, and how much more he makes on top of it. If the distributor makes only 4 crores, its a FLOP irrespective of anything else.

^ Again, it is not cost to the producer, it is cost to the distributor. However, it wasn't a flop if I remember, I think it was Below Average in trade parlance.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

devesh38 said:
the one minute scene due to which the movie will be housefull for weeks in south india. Rajnikant scene.

A spoiler tag would have been helpful. As ironic or stupid it might sound to some folks, there really are people who want to watch this movie, and publicly putting up spoilers on the day of the release is not a super thing to do.

^I thought everyone knew that rajnikant had a one minute role in this movie. I think it has been posted earlier in this thread too.

A Friend's reaction and comments on FB after seeing the movie :D

Code:
Dear Jhoom Barabar Jhoom,

Congratulations! You just got replaced as the worstest movie ever made in the history of Indian cinema.

Sincerely,
Ra.One

bahut matlab bahut hi zyada bakwaas hai...free main ticket mila tha to bhi poori nahin dekh paya!
Have not seen Trimurti, so cant comment :P but yeah this one is really pathetic!
This will scar u for next 10 lives :D
Action..!! Shit it is...sequences 'inspired' from Terminator, Speed, Minority Report and Matrix.
The definition of hit in Bollywood is lame and by that logic its already one!

devesh38 said:
^I thought everyone knew that rajnikant had a one minute role in this movie. I think it has been posted earlier in this thread too.

Yes, but not the look right? Or may be I was not reading enough to come across Rajni's look in the short scene he has in the film.

From India Broadband Forum

"After watching Ra.One chief justice of SC of India declared that, "Ban on piracy should be lifted! "

Viewer is a consumer. And under consumers act 2013, viewers have all the right to verify first; about quality of the movie. Which however can not be verified without downloading such a movie first. Hence, in view to protect the rights of the consumer (in this case viewer), SC lifts ban on piracy "

yay!! lol :D Too bad it ain't true.

Yahoo review -

Rating: Not even One

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back