Storage Solutions SSD HELP..!!

So... I changed my motherboard from Asus Prime H410M-E to Asus Prime B660M-A D4...
WHAT I FORGOT TO CHECK WAS M.2 SLOT..
H410 had M.2 slot supporting both SATA and PCIE.... but B660M only supports PCIE M.2..

PROBLEM is my M.2 SSD SUPPORTS only SATA...
PLEASE HELP....WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS NOW.... Should I buy an adaptor..or Is there some way by which I can use M.2 SATA on M.2 PCIE slot ...on my new motherboard.

So... I changed my motherboard from Asus Prime H410M-E to Asus Prime B660M-A D4...
WHAT I FORGOT TO CHECK WAS M.2 SLOT..
H410 had M.2 slot supporting both SATA and PCIE.... but B660M only supports PCIE M.2..

PROBLEM is my M.2 SSD SUPPORTS only SATA...
PLEASE HELP....WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS NOW.... Should I buy an adaptor..or Is there some way by which I can use M.2 SATA on M.2 PCIE slot ...on my new motherboard.
Maybe try using a m.2 to sata converter and connect it to one of the sata slots.

Does your B660 board only have 1 m.2 slot? I thought every B660 had 2 m.2 slot. If it does, there's a chance that the chipset m.2 (farther away from the CPU) slot may have SATA support in exchange for one of the SATA ports. If no, you can pick up a 2.5" adapter and use it as if it's a regular 2.5" SATA SSD.

Maybe try using a m.2 to sata converter and connect it to one of the sata slots.
Thought of that.. but the cheapest M.2 to SATA convertor I could find is 2K.!! It's better to buy a new NvME around that price..
Does your B660 board only have 1 m.2 slot? I thought every B660 had 2 m.2 slot. If it does, there's a chance that the chipset m.2 (farther away from the CPU) slot may have SATA support in exchange for one of the SATA ports. If no, you can pick up a 2.5" adapter and use it as if it's a regular 2.5" SATA SSD.
It has 2 slots..but both of them are PCIE only...no support for SATA... checked H670.. it has 3 ports with only 3rd having SATA support...
Can Anyone please send me a link for good 2.5" adaptor.

Thought of that.. but the cheapest M.2 to SATA convertor I could find is 2K.!! It's better to buy a new NvME around that price..
Where are you searching?

Back