State owned BSNL's 'competitive' broadband plans across India

emdr4Wa.jpg

I am in Vellore and they only offer FFTH in our area. Earlier I was paying 1950+taxes for 4Mbps (upto 100 GB) and then 512 unlimited. Now I have upgraded my plan to 8Mbps (Upto 175 GB) and then 512 unlimited for 3000+taxes. I needed more than 100GB of data limit and this is all I got. I am moving to Hyderabad in December, hope then I can take advantage of fair plans there.

We are not getting the plans in our circle which some of you guys get. The most reasonable plan which i saw was 2mbps for 40gb, 1mbps there-after for 1499+tax.
No fttp available here.
Planning to get a BSNL "broadband" landline connection by this december but the staff in the office told me that it will take 15 days. Also there used to be non-combo offer, its no more now, getting a receiver from their side is compulsory as will the payment (monthly) for the receiver. And some gibberish. Its giving me a headache.
There is another private ISP which claims to offer fiber connection. But first connection fees is over 14k+wire cost which is 25rs/meter. 1:1 leased line starts around 19k quarterly for a 1mbps.

Last edited:
Please dont bring up this thread unless there is something interesting which never happens ...
Tired of this bee assnaaal

anybody experiencing any change in post FUP speeds? Specifically from pune? I am seeing major bump in my post FUP speed and suspect bsnl would either change speeds from 26th Jan or change FUP limits based on speeds i am getting. If its happening only with me then pl confirm as i want to download hell lot of things before this bug is fixed :D

anybody experiencing any change in post FUP speeds? Specifically from pune? I am seeing major bump in my post FUP speed and suspect bsnl would either change speeds from 26th Jan or change FUP limits based on speeds i am getting. If its happening only with me then pl confirm as i want to download hell lot of things before this bug is fixed :D

no dude even im getting 2mbps post fup since exactly today 12.50am..
internet went off then after reboot 2mbps

no dude even im getting 2mbps post fup since exactly today 12.50am..
internet went off then after reboot 2mbps
Hope this is true.
Time to switch back to BSNL soon

my post fup speed expected to be 512kbps. And i am getting way more than that since couple of days. I stopped hoping anything from bsnl, since every time it brought disappointment. Only thing is, today in marathi newspaper there is article mentioning bsnl upgrading their network. But i doubt they will do anything with the plans based on history so far.

Looks like "Across India" doesn't include North East region. No word here till now. I don't want to go deep into the query or I might end up doing something stupid to the employees. Half-trained staff, cocky linesmen, you have it all. It screwed up.
I'm curious as to how they will play this without improving the services and quality of the existing customers here.

Speed and rates are good no doubt but the FUP darn. Speed so good you'll use up the data limit before you know.

Back