Steam Deck is official

GabeN and Valve are funny. Watching this video a lot of people be it console players, the general video gamers, steam users etc etc will think "oh wow Gabe Newell is so simple and so humble delivering these stuff himself ah mah gad he's so cool, no wonder Valve is a great company blablabla
and then there are dota 2 fans on the other side going "man wtf is with Valve and their greedy schemes. dota 2 dpc and ti events are very screwed up and GabeN himself is slowly killing the scene by actually being counter-productive lol.

Anyway at people who already have this Steam Deck how is it and do PC gamers even need it? I don't like console much because of the, yes, battery life.

Last edited:
I doubt Gabe or anyone senior at Valve is involved with any decision making regarding DOTA2.

do PC gamers even need it? I don't like console much because of the, yes, battery life.
Well you can take games that you already own on flights and such.
Much better option than either Switch (for which you need to buy games separately) or shitty mobile games.

I'll admit I don't know much (or anything) about that. Most of the complaints I've seen about DOTA are on reddit, about lack of new content.

At least valve seems actively involved in Dota2 scene. Cries in CSGO and TF2.

Got my friend to book a 512GB steam deck in last week of March 2022.
My estimated order slot is 'After Q3 2022' on order status page.
Checked some crowdsourced date estimators from r/steamdeck, my expected order date is
December 2023 :dizzy:

Last edited:
At least valve seems actively involved in Dota2 scene. Cries in CSGO and TF2.

Got my friend to book a 512GB steam deck in last week of March 2022.
My estimated order slot is 'After Q3 2022' on order status page.
Checked some crowdsourced date estimators from r/steamdeck, my expected order date is
December 2023 :dizzy:
Production will ramp up in the coming months, so that estimation is irrelevant, as it is based on the early shipments. Valve has indicated though that they will keep the first iteration at the lower price point and instead go for a more powerful device in the next iteration, so expect the successor to turn up next year.

Does steamdeck available for sale during Black Friday?
Afaik, it’s only available from valve, via the steam store. No other retailers have it in their stores.
I doubt it will go for sale anytime soon.
Their 3 year old valve index has never went on sale.

shipping through 3rd party like ppobox
You can expect to pay anywhere between 50-200% cause customs are a-h*les.

However, you'd need to consider that your Steam Deck order is a reservation. Actual delivery will take maybe one month or even six months.

Secondly, this is how its store page looks like in India:

1669048360206.png

So you need an account from USA (and probably payment method from USA too).

If you really want one, you're better off checking grey market.

you are correct, you need a us account and us credit card, my friend prebooked it for me for $5 and but i didn't purchase in the end as i went for in win3

i tried 7 different cc and dc from india and none of them worked on us steam site

However, you'd need to consider that your Steam Deck order is a reservation. Actual delivery will take maybe one month or even six months.

View attachment 152385

Valve have covered all their preorders. Now they are able to ship immediately as they receive orders. Sometimes the page changes to preorders but those people get their order completion email within few days. Expected deliveries in 1-2 weeks, depending on location. Source- r/steamdeck

you are correct, you need a us account and us credit card, my friend prebooked it for me for $5 and but i didn't purchase in the end as i went for in win3

i tried 7 different cc and dc from india and none of them worked on us steam site
I had my friend in US to $5 prebook for me with his US cc. But I was able to pay for the whole order using my Indian cc. He will be bringing it when he comes back.

View attachment 152385

Shipping time is 1-2 weeks for 256gb model, that's the one I am looking for

USA steam account easy to create with VPN
and regarding payment, one can buy steamgift card add to wallet and can do the payment of steamdeck
Only concern is custom/duty and taxes
256GB model available for 85k at mx2games

Buying directly from steam will be 44k steamdeck cost + 20k shipping/customs (calculation as per ppobox) = 64k

Valve have covered all their preorders. Now they are able to ship immediately as they receive orders. Sometimes the page changes to preorders but those people get their order completion email within few days. Expected deliveries in 1-2 weeks, depending on location. Source- r/steamdeck

I had my friend in US to $5 prebook for me with his US cc. But I was able to pay for the whole order using my Indian cc. He will be bringing it when he comes back.
which credit card did you use to pay the remaining amount? also have you used your friends us address as billing address for your cc details?

Back