Stick vs Saumil : RAM Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this thread gets it, I will post some experiences here:

1) My deal with Wolff regarding my Xfi for 5k. Without any haggling we agreed on the amount (5k shipped) and he promptly transferred the amount to my ICICI account w/o question.

Then I really reconsidered the sale. It took me quite a while to get the XFi, was it worth it to sell it for 5k?

I had 2 options before me:

1) Ask wolff for more money saying... i dont think this is worth 5k.

2) The option which i took: Hey wolff, thanks for the quick transfer. But yaar, i am in 2 minds about selling the card re. If you dont mind, can I transfer the amount back to you?

He said Yes, I transferred it back immediately. I backed off the deal true, but neither of us felt like blowing the others' head off.

2) About trust:

Trust doesnt come within 2 im conversations.

In TE i have blessed with couple of people who really trust me. For example, I sent DD today for a purchase which got delivered to me 2 days ago. I still owe a very senior member of this forum quite a considerable amount of money, and DO INTEND ON paying it back (or not :p) but we dont see threads in markey section calling me a "bustard who took my money". Do we? Can you ask that from a guy you met just 2 mins ago? NO. Can you make complex arrangements and hope they hold good? NO.

So you guys must follow certain guidelines, to ensure that this kind of Bull shit doesnt happen. PERIOD

Hope this helps,

Karan

AMD4Life said:
All said & done, I still think that the seller had enough time to check his RAM's before he put 'em up for sale and once he did that, he ideally shouldn't have backed out, esp. after confirming the sale!!..

I mean no one would have mind if even after putting the RAM's for sale..The seller had changed his mind prior to sale confirmation...but once he & the buyer agreed on a price for the same, I wonder what prompted him to check his modules again..

Ethically speaking, the sale should have taken place as was decided..

The above are just my thoughts on the issue and it doesn't matter if anyone else subscribes to this line of thought..Peace.

Agree with you totally man! Once agreed, one shouldn't back off from the deal!

Stick, I agree you lost your bucks, but even without knowing for sure that saumilsingh took your money and your accusation of him lying about this whole issue is really not the way to handle it. Are u sure? Do u have any proof he is lying? As superczar had earlier posted, many have lost money thru courier.

Just imagine if really saumilsingh didn't take the money? Can u take back your words? Agreed, that you are worried about the loss, but be careful with your words man.

I also agree to superczar's solution to this whole issue about the loss. It should be 50-50.

You guys can still work it out even now!

1. share the loss

else

2. saumilsingh just give him the stick(faulty), cos you are just giving away ur lunch money.

PEACE! :)

cyrux said:
Apart from the courier thing samul , you have checked the RAMs before finalising the deal .. and i guess this is what made stick piss off

Well I agree, if there was no courier fiasco in this panga, it would have been a very simple affair.

Solution i suggest:

1) Since both Saumil demanded and Stick heartily agreed for payment via courier, i suggest that both share the loss 50-50. Well, there is place for satan after all.

- Stick EFT's 250 Rs to your account and you send him the stick FREE SHIPPED.

- You transfer Rs 250 to Stick's account using cheque via courier. (since after looking at Stick's comprehension power) I dont feel like doing bank transfers to him.

2) STICK DUDE! Stop asking for 1GB for 1K. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Saumil, it was real bad show on your part to ASK for more MONEY after THIS guy supposedly sent the money to you. Either just ship 1GB or BACK OUT OF THE DEAL COMPLETELY. i.e. 100% money refund. Dont ask for more for the same product as you put the buyer in a predicament.

Regards,
Karan

Stick said:
No my friends,

when last time I talk with him he neither ready to send stick not ready to pay me Rs.500/- (I have same copy of conversation)

I repeatedly said that I will take this matter on TE forum, still he didn't ready to agree any option.

I am still open to buy 1GB DDR400 RAM which is faulty (what is fault- the fault with this stick is only Crash when you will play latest game and never crash with regular office use) and will pay him as he agreed earlier.

Regarding Saumils question that I keep bumping my Thread to buy RAM, my friend, bump didn't mean I call you or ask for your stick, but you PM me and reduce your offer from Rs.1200/- to Rs.1000/- you are so eager to sell the stick that even your offer me FREE SHIPPING
Saumil lates allow mods to post what we discuss and all of our friends will see who use what type of Language.

Just stop posting and allow me (mods) to post our conversation and PMs you made here and than we both again come here for further discussion.

Saumil why you post here, why don't allow mode to give me permit to post all conversation.

Friends, I don't understan that why Saumil don't allow to post the conversation here? while I repeatedly request MODS and him that allow me to post here.

Yahoo chat must post here to know you how after each 5 minutes he broke his earlier offer.

1)I am ready to get back my Rs.500/- or
2)1 Faulty Stick and I will transfer Rs.500/- as the deal for 1 faulty stick, but the fault is only Crashing with New Games not normal use, and if in case it crash my system within 1 month he will return my money and I will return his stick.

if he send me stick I won't accept it directly from him, let any MOD to receive his stick and check first that this have only Game crashing FAULT nothing ELSE.

I prefer mumbai base mod/member so it is easy for me to collect personally.
Sorry to be a bit rude...but wtf are you saying ? can you even understand it yourself ?
Why dont you take your f**king 500 back and scram ?
Even though saumil is not obliged to send it back to you, but there seems to be a grey area of your own integrity, and i doubt you even sent 500 to him in the first case, but i probably will give you the benefit of doubt.
On a personal note, I know Saumil since the last 9 years, and i wouldnt even think of accusing him for a petty sum of 500. I offered the jackass to pick my Lansing mx 5021 for his own use before leaving the country, and he never bothered to pick them up. And to get even on a more personal note, he's pretty damn rich to even to care about Rs 500, if that helps anyway.

AMD4Life said:
All said & done, I still think that the seller had enough time to check his RAM's before he put 'em up for sale and once he did that, he ideally shouldn't have backed out, esp. after confirming the sale!!..

I mean no one would have mind if even after putting the RAM's for sale..The seller had changed his mind prior to sale confirmation...but once he & the buyer agreed on a price for the same, I wonder what prompted him to check his modules again..

Ethically speaking, the sale should have taken place as was decided..

The above are just my thoughts on the issue and it doesn't matter if anyone else subscribes to this line of thought..Peace.

Agree with you totally man! Once agreed, one shouldn't back off from the deal!

Stick, I agree you lost your bucks, but even without knowing for sure that saumilsingh took your money and your accusation of him lying about this whole issue is really not the way to handle it. Are u sure? Do u have any proof he is lying? As superczar had earlier posted, many have lost money thru courier.

Just imagine if really saumilsingh didn't take the money? Can u take back your words? Agreed, that you are worried about the loss, but be careful with your words man.

I also agree to superczar's solution to this whole issue about the loss. It should be 50-50.

You guys can still work it out even now!

Either

share the loss

or

saumilsingh just give him the stick(faulty), cos you are just giving away ur lunch money.

PEACE! :)

Hi Saumil,

Please send Faulty RAM (512mb DDR400 Hynix) but the RAM must be in working condition and Crash Only with Latest GAMES. And it didn't Crash while Normal Office Use work (this is the same condition as we both agree for).

If you don't trust me Just send this stick to any Mumbai MOD/Member (with prior permission) they will check it and I will collect from them.

Please just don't send TOTALLY DAD STICK as I want to close this issue.

Thanks

HUh :eek:hyeah: i juz cant stop laughing afta readin this whole thread...i kno i shud not write this but cant help bcoz this is school boy stuff.it was not a very big thing as it was juz a matter of 500bucks so one of them shud hav compromised, but its been made real big thin...it shud hav sorted out in very decent manner but :S .nywayz finally it has been decided that saumil is gonna send that faulty ram 512 and wont take any cash frm stick.HUH FINALLY PEACE :clap: .

Stick , its a win-win situation for you. Samul is offering you 512Mb stick without any extra money , like the other people are pointing out ..so take it and have a good day...and btw, according to the thread you started in the market session you needed a 512 Mb ram...and you are getting it..

And stick, if you really bent on getting a working RAM stick then i suggest you go for the second RAM stick..may be saumil can give that off to you for another 1300 or (since he is already bearing a loss of 500)

DAD or DEAD ?

anyways dont worry man ...saumil is not running anywhere with ur 500 bucks.

i also suggest sharing the damage 50:50.

Karan said:
Saumil, it was real bad show on your part to ASK for more MONEY after THIS guy supposedly sent the money to you. Either just ship 1GB or BACK OUT OF THE DEAL COMPLETELY. i.e. 100% money refund. Dont ask for more for the same product as you put the buyer in a predicament.
Even though he thinks so (his language skills aren't really the best), I never ever even once demanded that he pay me extra for the perfect 512mb stick.

I just told him take the faulty 512mb for 500 bucks or forget the whole thing.
I did however pitch an offer of 1800 for the good stick in case he wanted it.

@ Stick
Sending you the faulty 512mb stick. Expect it by Tuesday or so since tomorrow's Sunday.

Stick said:
If you don't trust me Just send this stick to any Mumbai MOD/Member (with prior permission) they will check it and I will collect from them.

Please just don't send TOTALLY DAD STICK as I want to close this issue.

Thanks

Sorry Stick but I dont think any mod would mediate to receive the Ram as per TE rules clearly states that no mod or TE site is responsible for any sale in the market section.

Also that is the Best solution to send the 512 stick which is of no use to Saumil and close of this dispute....

A very important lesson here for all buyers is, Never send money thru such lame methods like cash in courier.

Resort to trusted methods like Online bank transfer (fastest and easiest) or Money order/DD/Cheque.

Hope the issue is resolved on a descent note...:)

Stick said:

I don't think this is any of TE's business, let alone of any of the mods. You bought a borked DIMM and thats what you'll get. I think this is the end of the matter... saumil sends you the "bad" DIMM. Enough of this nonsense over 500 bucks.

looks like things are somewhat settled.. closing thread .. stick and saumil settle anything else via pm or messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back