Subconscious mind riding the bike ?

G@d of w@r said:
^^ Eh.. Who Tells The Rider To Use In Ear Canal Earphones :bleh:
Use A Stock Earphones..
Its Not My Lookout If The Volume Is Too Low To Enjoy..

Victim of the Amarbir-syndrome, only symptom missing is "mates". :p

J/k

Yeah I prefer bike over car mostly due to city traffic....

Mostly on non working days, during thought process, i end up taking road which i usually take for office .. instead of going to my real destination :)

Happens ...

Aces170 said:
How many hot girls do you know who randomly ask bikers for lifts?

Hot girls won't ask for lifts in Mumbai... They know that road is full of potholes and the biker has to brake suddenly many times!!! ;)

BF1983 said:
Professional help ! Yikes I am now scared ! I drift off on most days on my daily 60 kms commute. :(

I drift while playing NFS too...

4dh1r said:
Hot girls won't ask for lifts in Mumbai... They know that road is full of potholes and the biker has to brake suddenly many times!!! ;)
I drift while playing NFS too...

start playing grid then :p

raksrules said:
Ok so this has happened with me a couple of times before wherein i am on my way to office or coming back and while riding the bike some thought suddenly strikes me and i start thinking about the same. All this while i am riding the bike (on open road and in traffic many a times) and suddenly after some time i realize that i have traveled quite a lot from where i last remember. And i have no memory of that small patch(this can be upto a kilometer sometimes) i rode the bike :huh:

Now was it that my subconscious mind was riding the bike at that time ???

PS: I know such a thing is highly dangerous and can be fatal :ashamed:

It happens to me and exactly the way you describe it. It's as if I was in a coma during that time period or something. Sometimes when I jump back into the real world I'm quite disoriented too. There's even a word dedicated to this phenomenon - absentmindedness ;)

I think its okay, as your subconcious will attend to all the road needs.
its different as compared to the mobile phone as your subconcious is not active/working while talking.
No need to take tension boss.

Argus said:
It happens to me all the time. I drift by, thinking about other things and when something on the road calls for immediate attention the mind snaps back into reality.
For those who've been riding/driving for a long time it becomes kind of a second nature to them. It also helps to have a good driving instinct and the ability to make the correct judgment. Then only one can afford to 'drift off' :p
+1. Happens to me too.This just tells you that you are quite good at multitasking.:rofl:

There's nothing wrong with drifting off during routine road travel. Think of it this way, when you were learning to ride a cycle, you paid attention to every little detail on how to balance and steer it. But now, if someone asked you how to steer a bike (weight transfer, countersteer, etc), you wouldnt really be able to put it into words, its instinct. The same applies to driving in traffic. Its just more difficult for people to wrap their heads around the fact that the human mind is capable of handling something as dynamic as traffic with such ease.

Who ever suggested seeking professional help, quit being so judgmental and assume that something is 'wrong'.

Frankly I never really paid attention to this. This happens to me a lot while biking on familiar roads and also when i have played NFS.

I guess this is quite normal :ashamed:

Never happened to me, but since this thread has turned into a slam fest for freaks, I will chip in with what seems odd to me bout my behaviour. I have instances of deja vu all the time, atleast like 3-4 times in a couple of months. Does it happen with others as well???

Yeah that too happens a lot as you progress with age. I will explain that in TE language :p

See when you were born you were like an empty Hard disk drive. as you grow you keep on saving data in it. So it happens that you experience a situation when you know what is going to happen next and/or what is the person about to say next. So the indexing program in your mind gets confused and you get a message over write or don't over write.

Duhhh it's all so simple. :D

thebanik said:
Never happened to me, but since this thread has turned into a slam fest for freaks, I will chip in with what seems odd to me bout my behaviour. I have instances of deja vu all the time, atleast like 3-4 times in a couple of months. Does it happen with others as well???

yes tht happens with me too...sometimes i start watching a newly dnlded movie and i get a feeling that i have seen it before...only to find out that i had actually seen it before and it was lying in some other hdd all along :p
i got fed up with this phenomenon and decided to clean up my disks...ended up deleting 200gb of duplicate movie files :D

JeDiKnight said:
...sometimes i start watching a newly dnlded movie and i get a feeling that i have seen it before...only to find out that i had actually seen it before
Yeah... It happened to me too...
I watched Ghajini and I got a feeling that I have seen it before...only to find out that I had actually seen it before and it was lying in some other HDD all along with the name Memento :rofl:

Back