Suggest 32" LCD TV for around 35k

LG Jazz should be available for around 35k in Delhi at eZone, Croma etc. Its available for 35.5k on ebay: eBay India: LG JAZZ LCD TV 32LG80FR 32" ,MRP Rs.46000 Free Shipping (item 170429426701 end time 14-Jan-2010 22:54:12 IST)

I am not suggesting you to buy from ebay. If the seller if from Delhi/NCR, you can go to his shop and buy it from there. Otherwise, I believe local electronics stores should give you a good deal.

A few weeks back, a friend of mine was also hunting for the same and a few electronics shops in Kalkaji and other South Delhi area were offering him LG Jazz for around 35k only. So I would suggest that you go to a few shops and you will surely get a good deal.

guys, am on the look out for a 32" LCD TV and had narrowed down my selection to LG 32LH60YR. Yesterday I went to buy this TV and found that Sony KLV-32W550A (one with 100Hz) had a huge price drop almost 15K. It now retails for Rs.44900/- in Bangalore. I checked this even in Sony showrooms. Now the rate I got for LG 32LH60YR is 40K and I'm really not sure if the Sony makes sense with a 5K premium.

Features wise the LG seems loaded to the gill and the audio of the Sony is not all that great. I'm really not sure what would be the deal breaker or clincher for either of these TV's apart from the price. If the Sony has something going for it over the LG from a features or performance point then I don't mind the extra 5K. But I cannot find anything on the net which can give me this information.

Any advice here will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

maddzy said:
guys, am on the look out for a 32" LCD TV and had narrowed down my selection to LG 32LH60YR. Yesterday I went to buy this TV and found that Sony KLV-32W550A (one with 100Hz) had a huge price drop almost 15K. It now retails for Rs.44900/- in Bangalore. I checked this even in Sony showrooms. Now the rate I got for LG 32LH60YR is 40K and I'm really not sure if the Sony makes sense with a 5K premium.

Features wise the LG seems loaded to the gill and the audio of the Sony is not all that great. I'm really not sure what would be the deal breaker or clincher for either of these TV's apart from the price. If the Sony has something going for it over the LG from a features or performance point then I don't mind the extra 5K. But I cannot find anything on the net which can give me this information.

Any advice here will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
the Lg 100hz/200hz system is inferior to ones found in sony,samsung,philips.
just for the info the even a philips 60hz tv is better then the LG with 100hz.
regarding the sony W550 its great price if its only 44900 like u said,go for it,yes i feel the 5k premium is worth it.better SD peformance,better 100hz tech,much better contrast.but the LG does have the edge in sound quality.

I really feal,sound system in tv (20w rws ) will itself will be suffice for normal tv viewing ,if we really want to feel movie surround or DTS effect,we def need home theatre system

For Divx playback via USB,i feel it as a good feature,it shouldnt be criteria for selecting a tv,

Atleast if we select or choosing to go for FULL HD tvs,it does mean than if not tomorrow,somewhere down the line,you definitely will watch full hd 1080p content,not upscaled content,

If you happy that in next 2-3 years,if you will feel ,you wont be watching HD (i mean full HD 1080p),there is no point in getting Full HD right now and spending some extra bucks for full HD tv, just you gonna happy with HD ready 720p tv

if you feel you watch only SD movies and avi or divx files via USB,better stick to HD ready TV rather than FULL HD TV

i know in india full HD for television broadcasting is dream for next 4-5years,but HD content i'm referring is GAming and MOVIES

many(less than 100 in number) indian movies are too in full HD

ONE MORE THING,WATCHING A FULL HD CONTENT IS REALLY EXPENSINVE SETUP RIGHTNOW IN INDIA ,min u need a full HD tv 35k,a full HD media player cheapest is wdtv 7500,and of course u need HDD to store ur content so it would cost some 3-6k.,so cable would cost 1400rs

if you are gaming buff,a ps3 slim would cost you 18k cheapest (i'm quoting you latest product with base prices,if i'm not wrong)

and if ur ears still want a burn in ur wallet,then another 10-12k for home theatre

so a full HD setup would really cost anywhere above 50k

but FULL HD content will have awesome quality whether its on 32'' or in 50'',if you have full hd content in ready with you ,def go for full HDtv,dont listen to people saying stuff like you odnt need full hd for small screen like 32''' blah blah...

FULL HD cant be beaten by upscaled content 720p even on smaller screens like 32"

full HD rocks

under 35 bracket (35,500 ) good brands for full hd are only samsung 5 series,lg jazz,lg 80FR AND philips one as mentioned above

Finally, picked up the Philips 32PFL 5609 for 32.5k yesterday :hap2: Haven't opened the box and will do so on the day of "Pongal" and will follow it up with a detailed review.

Initial impressions on the display piece in the showroom

1) IMHO, the PQ was much superior to LG [All the models], Samsung 5 series and the Sony V, T & S series. Only TV's which were better than this one were the Sony W & Z series.

2) Did the PQ calibration with a DVE disc and the blacks were exceptionally good for a LCD. Colors were very vibrant and the backlight is very bright [Had to tone it down] It has a couple of gimmicky features going for it, one is the Pixelplus and the other one the auto-sensor for the ambient light.

3) Eventhough the speakers were rated 20W, at max volume it became pretty loud for a confined space.

4) Was watching the India/Bangladesh match. Don't know the Hz rating, but there wasn't a single bit of ghosting or streaking observable at various settings when the ball was rushing down the outfield.

5) USB: This turned out to be a small disappointment. Took a 8GB stick with videos and MP3's & Photos. As soon as you plug this in, a UI pops up with whatever is playing in the background. There is a lag of 1 to 2 seconds during photo display. MP3 playback was acceptable. Movie playback seems to be a hit and miss. It takes a while to load the videos [Roughly 30 secs] and then some files don't seem to load and don't seem to play. MP4 & .AVI are definitely playable.

PS: Thanks Adder, for your valuable help and sound knowledge on LCD's.

adder said:
the Lg 100hz/200hz system is inferior to ones found in sony,samsung,philips.
just for the info the even a philips 60hz tv is better then the LG with 100hz.
regarding the sony W550 its great price if its only 44900 like u said,go for it,yes i feel the 5k premium is worth it.better SD peformance,better 100hz tech,much better contrast.but the LG does have the edge in sound quality.

Adder thanks for the info. I've decided to put in the extra $$ for the Sony. Will post my experience with it once I buy the TV.

Which shop you bought that Philips 32PFL5609 from ? I also looking for a 32inch LCD TV. Somehow I am baised towards Philips. Also the rate you got at seems too good to be true.

I have visited the Philips Arena in Jayanagar some months back and he was not ready to give any offers. Also during that time, Philips LCDs were too costly and had less features.

neoronin said:
Finally, picked up the Philips 32PFL 5609 for 32.5k yesterday :hap2: Haven't opened the box and will do so on the day of "Pongal" and will follow it up with a detailed review.

1) IMHO, the PQ was much superior to LG [All the models], Samsung 5 series and the Sony V, T & S series. Only TV's which were better than this one were the Sony W & Z series.

2) Did the PQ calibration with a DVE disc and the blacks were exceptionally good for a LCD. Colors were very vibrant and the backlight is very bright [Had to tone it down] It has a couple of gimmicky features going for it, one is the Pixelplus and the other one the auto-sensor for the ambient light.

3) Eventhough the speakers were rated 20W, at max volume it became pretty loud for a confined space.

4) Was watching the India/Bangladesh match. Don't know the Hz rating, but there wasn't a single bit of ghosting or streaking observable at various settings when the ball was rushing down the outfield.

5) USB: This turned out to be a small disappointment. Took a 8GB stick with videos and MP3's & Photos. As soon as you plug this in, a UI pops up with whatever is playing in the background. There is a lag of 1 to 2 seconds during photo display. MP3 playback was acceptable. Movie playback seems to be a hit and miss. It takes a while to load the videos [Roughly 30 secs] and then some files don't seem to load and don't seem to play. MP4 & .AVI are definitely playable.

rajndra said:
Which shop you bought that Philips 32PFL5609 from ? I also looking for a 32inch LCD TV. Somehow I am baised towards Philips. Also the rate you got at seems too good to be true.

I have visited the Philips Arena in Jayanagar some months back and he was not ready to give any offers. Also during that time, Philips LCDs were too costly and had less features.

the philips 5609 can be bought in many places like modern radio showrooms and unilet showrooms.

I picked up this model in Griha Vaibhava, near the Banashankari Bus stand. Don't know the exact address, but this is near the junction where you take the turn towards JP Nagar 6th phase. The price which I bought it for came after some amount of bargaining. They would quote around 48k MRP & 38k MOP. The final price they would quote you would be around 33,500. Keep at it for a while, and show off your superior knowledge and convince them that you really want to pick up this model.

I have Panasonic PV8 Plasma and Philips 5609 LCD and can vouch for both of them but both have their own strong and weak points, Panny is good for SD and HD watchings, Philips is good for HD and full HD usages, it comes like crap on SD broadcast even with the best DTH.

Decide as per your maximum watching prefrence.

I got my 5609 for 33k from Unilet almost 40 days back now it should be 32.5K.

BF1983 said:
Do consider the LG PQ30 Plasma as well. I have this and have no complaints. Its pretty cheap at 37k for a 42" TV. :)

Power Hogs these Plasmas are. If not, I actually would have purchased this model.

@neoronin: 1st up congrats on the perfectly wise purchase. and a happy pongal to you.

About Plasmas being power hogs i beg to differ. It is a big myth about plasmas specifically used as FUD by the LCD manufacturers. Plasma would consume max power only when it's displaying a completely white image. Otherwise the power consumption is really froogle. an LCD on the other hand keeps the backlight always on (Local dimming is yet to arrive fully to indian shores) this is far more power wasting than that of a plasmas. Ask any plasma user his monthly utility bill n you'll be surprised.

I own Panasonic 50" plasma and never run bills north of INR 700/-. That includes a dishwasher and a washing machine along with two power hogging desktops in my signature plus an HTPC.

Plasma vs. LCD or is it Myths vs Lies - CNET Home audio & video Forums

neoronin said:

Thx a lot for this info, plz pm me ur contact number so that I can call u when I go out for a purchase. Also tell me what all format can this play using usb and was dere any stuttering while playing videos.

@ Sarang, thanks mate. Actually, if you recall I had PM'd you long back asking about the model you bought. During this gap I had actually checked with couple of my friends who picked up Plasmas [LG & Samsung] and both of them have equally complained about the increase in the power bill. The soap opera time is also quite extensive in their homes and maybe that is one of the reason. But at the end of the day, I'm actually paying a monthly bill of 1800/- without the Plasma. So didn't want to take any more further risk.

Not to say that this is the only reason I didn't buy Plasma. You have to consider the nag factor of your better half also ;)

PS: Bangalore power bills are too damn expensive.

neoronin said:
@ Sarang, thanks mate. Actually, if you recall I had PM'd you long back asking about the model you bought. During this gap I had actually checked with couple of my friends who picked up Plasmas [LG & Samsung] and both of them have equally complained about the increase in the power bill. The soap opera time is also quite extensive in their homes and maybe that is one of the reason. But at the end of the day, I'm actually paying a monthly bill of 1800/- without the Plasma. So didn't want to take any more further risk.

Not to say that this is the only reason I didn't buy Plasma. You have to consider the nag factor of your better half also ;)

PS: Bangalore power bills are too damn expensive.

Hehe the WAF is a big issue as usual. :p

OMG @ the bill!

Back