Suggest a 3L Instant Water Geyser / Heater

Is there anything mention on bajaj wire coming from heater going to plug?

As previous member has mention you need proper 4 sqmm cable for high kw system to run smooth.

Also check if wire coming from heater is getting heated at the time of tripping?

Easiest solution is borrow clip on meter and check how much ampere heater is actually consuming as you have install 32 A MCB switch which shouldn't be tripping for installed system.

If ampere stay below 20A and still MCB is tripping change it first hand.

Also check what's the input power cable rating coming into plug , it's size its should be minimum 4sqmm 3 core cable and it will be different from normal cable running in house..

Is there anything mention on bajaj wire coming from heater going to plug?

As previous member has mention you need proper 4 sqmm cable for high kw system to run smooth.

Also check if wire coming from heater is getting heated at the time of tripping?

Easiest solution is borrow clip on meter and check how much ampere heater is actually consuming as you have install 32 A MCB switch which shouldn't be tripping for installed system.

If ampere stay below 20A and still MCB is tripping change it first hand.

Also check what's the input power cable rating coming into plug , it's size its should be minimum 4sqmm 3 core cable and it will be different from normal cable running in house..

I will try to check those numbers you told about wire specs via an electrician who may come tomorrow. Which MCB if not the one we have? I don't even know what brand MCB I have. Is it ROMA? The outside blue plate is Roma since all the switches when first installed many years back, were of Roma brand.

I will try to check those numbers you told about wire specs via an electrician who may come tomorrow. Which MCB if not the one we have? I don't even know what brand MCB I have. Is it ROMA? The outside blue plate is Roma since all the switches when first installed many years back, were of Roma brand.
Any reputed brand MCB will suffice, like L&t, schneider, Siemens.

Don't forget to check actual current heater is consuming via clip on meter.

On wire something like this should be mention 4.0 Sqmm*3 Core

But then how come the same geyser + wiring + switch + 3 pin socket male plug + female socket work for like 15 years without any hiccups and now continuous back to back fails. I know we have previously used geyser continuously for 30-40 minutes and never has this trip thing happen.
What all things I should change in an attempt to make it working.
I am already planning to change the 3 pin anchor male plug. The new geyser does not come with one so we just used the old one. Do I need to also change the female 3 pin socket besides the MCB? I don't remember that the MCB came separate or we bought the female socket + switch together.
Also about using the lower rated MCB than wires rating, what rating MCB should I buy ?
Socket needs to be changed, if there is loose contact it creates sparks or arcing. Your mcb clearly is not upto the job. You have placed a 32a rated mcb for the heater socket(yet it trips), where as the mcb in distribution box are all lower ampere rated.
You need to install a 25a rated mcb from a reputed brand, make sure its C curve rated.

Over the years the moisture in the bathroom would have corroded the internals of the mcb. Repeated On/off will also degrade the mcb, even a reputed brand like legrand which costs more then 4x the price of anchor, has a mechanical life of 10000 operations(in dry conditions)
So you can imagine how much life the anchor has with humidty and how many times its switched on and off every day x365 days.

Socket needs to be changed, if there is loose contact it creates sparks or arcing. Your mcb clearly is not upto the job. You have placed a 32a rated mcb for the heater socket(yet it trips), where as the mcb in distribution box are all lower ampere rated.
You need to install a 25a rated mcb from a reputed brand, make sure its C curve rated.

Over the years the moisture in the bathroom would have corroded the internals of the mcb. Repeated On/off will also degrade the mcb, even a reputed brand like legrand which costs more then 4x the price of anchor, has a mechanical life of 10000 operations(in dry conditions)
So you can imagine how much life the anchor has with humidty and how many times its switched on and off every day x365 days.

Noted. I will try to get a better brand. Also I got the left over wires from 6 months back when the wiring was changed and it is 4 Sq mm (basically what you and others were saying).

I'm more surprised at the thread start date, do people down south really use heater in the middle of the summer? I don't remember Mumbai being cool at all! Here in the north, we only use hot water 6 weeks a year, India is hot as hell, I hate it.

You're a madlad! :sob: Here, I'm taking ice baths to cool myself only to feel sticky again in 3 minutes.
Oh you are telling a superb joke man. Am not telling sarcastically because I laughed a lot when you are telling that you are taking ice baths to cool yourself.
Are we living in Central Africa?
We are living in Tropical areas and maybe south India will be hot all round the year though north Indian climate changes according to seasons.

Oh you are telling a superb joke man. Am not telling sarcastically because I laughed a lot when you are telling that you are taking ice baths to cool yourself.
Are we living in Central Africa?
We are living in Tropical areas and maybe south India will be hot all round the year though north Indian climate changes according to seasons.
Before I go in-depth and lecture about the heat map and peak temperatures of Central African countries, can you tell what "temperature" do you feel comfortable with? Do you've any preference for humidity? Because it's humid AF in Nellore right now.

Before I go in-depth and lecture about the heat map and peak temperatures of Central African countries, can you tell what "temperature" do you feel comfortable with? Do you've any preference for humidity? Because it's humid AF in Nellore right now.
Yes its always humid in my hometown but due to the monsoon rains falling since 1month or so its somewhat cool at night though.
And we people here always use ceiling fans 365days of the year 24x7 though. But I take bath only once per day though.

I laughed a lot when you used the words ice baths. Just saying bro.

@raksrules / @puns would you like to share any update about how your geysers are holding up now? i have to get 2 more geysers for our bathrooms and was looking into racold's 'pronto' series (neo/stylo/pro). i have used the pronto neo at a cousin's home and was impressed by the instant heating & temperature-control of it. we have had a bajaj 'majesty' (3L, 3kW input) installed in our main bathroom since 10-11 years and fortunately it has never given any issues, although with time the heating has not been so 'instantaneous' anymore. was wondering whether should i continue with bajaj lineup, or give racold (or any other worthy contender) a try..

@raksrules / @puns would you like to share any update about how your geysers are holding up now? i have to get 2 more geysers for our bathrooms and was looking into racold's 'pronto' series (neo/stylo/pro). i have used the pronto neo at a cousin's home and was impressed by the instant heating & temperature-control of it. we have had a bajaj 'majesty' (3L, 3kW input) installed in our main bathroom since 10-11 years and fortunately it has never given any issues, although with time the heating has not been so 'instantaneous' anymore. was wondering whether should i continue with bajaj lineup, or give racold (or any other worthy contender) a try..
The bajaj flora is holding up sell. It provides water that is enough hot for shower for me (i tend to like more hot water) and for my kids we have to mix little cold water to get adequate temperature. Basically it is serving its purpose.

my racold is going strong for I guess 10 years now. still operates like new. the issue I was facing was with the electricity line and switch tripping because of that.

The bajaj flora is holding up sell. It provides water that is enough hot for shower for me (i tend to like more hot water) and for my kids we have to mix little cold water to get adequate temperature. Basically it is serving its purpose.
my racold is going strong for I guess 10 years now. still operates like new. the issue I was facing was with the electricity line and switch tripping because of that.

thanks for the replies. checked out the flora at a friend's place yesterday. i'll be placing order for two units (not for flora but most likely for racold's pronto series only) later today.

UPDATE:
didnt place any order today. was checking up some offers on croma, and largely was stuck for the confusion between the various models of racold's 'pronto' series, which i couldnt decipher from the web-listings :confused: does anybody what're the differences between pronto 'neo', pronto 'stylo' and pronto 'pro'? all are similarly-priced, and have similar specs as well. gonna be calling up racold cc too tomorrow for this.
edit: ok it appears the difference lies in the power-ratings..

Last edited:
thanks for the replies. checked out the flora at a friend's place yesterday. i'll be placing order for two units (not for flora but most likely for racold's pronto series only) later today.

UPDATE:
didnt place any order today. was checking up some offers on croma, and largely was stuck for the confusion between the various models of racold's 'pronto' series, which i couldnt decipher from the web-listings :confused: does anybody what're the differences between pronto 'neo', pronto 'stylo' and pronto 'pro'? all are similarly-priced, and have similar specs as well. gonna be calling up racold cc too tomorrow for this.
edit: ok it appears the difference lies in the power-ratings..

so ordered & recd one of the units (racold pronto pro).

just a quick question -- while reading buying-guides, i read that people in high-rise buildings should opt for geysers/heaters rated for atleast 6 bar pressure, and preferably 8 bar. however, the one which we are currently using since years (bajaj majesty, 3L 3kW) is rated at just 3 bar. our house is on the 10th floor of a 17-storey building. i am thinking to replace this heater too & get a new one in its place. 99% of the 3L geysers (whether 3kW or 4.5kW) i came across are rated at 6.5 bar. only one, from faber, is rated for 8 bar. i understand that its for the safety of the tank hence higher pressure-rating would be better.

my query is, should i prefer the faber one & remove the present 3 bar heater which we have? over time am noticing that our heater's heating-capacity seems to have been decreasing as well (fortunately have had no repair-issues), plus given its 3 bar rating, so thought it better to replace this as well while am getting new heaters installed in other bathrooms. kindly suggest..

so ordered & recd one of the units (racold pronto pro).

just a quick question -- while reading buying-guides, i read that people in high-rise buildings should opt for geysers/heaters rated for atleast 6 bar pressure, and preferably 8 bar. however, the one which we are currently using since years (bajaj majesty, 3L 3kW) is rated at just 3 bar. our house is on the 10th floor of a 17-storey building. i am thinking to replace this heater too & get a new one in its place. 99% of the 3L geysers (whether 3kW or 4.5kW) i came across are rated at 6.5 bar. only one, from faber, is rated for 8 bar. i understand that its for the safety of the tank hence higher pressure-rating would be better.

my query is, should i prefer the faber one & remove the present 3 bar heater which we have? over time am noticing that our heater's heating-capacity seems to have been decreasing as well (fortunately have had no repair-issues), plus given its 3 bar rating, so thought it better to replace this as well while am getting new heaters installed in other bathrooms. kindly suggest..

finally purchased & gotten installed, racold pronto pro, and havells instanio, both with 3L & 4.5kW specifications, and bought off amazon.

the racold one was slightly cheaper, but the 'add-ons' were costly (300/- for installation, 400/- for a pair of pipes, 100/- for 16A plug, 100/- wall-nipple & flange)

havells one was a better deal, with free installation and pipes supplied in the box. the power-plug & wall-fixtures i had purchased beforehand from electric & hardware-stores.

delivery and service for both brands was prompt and good, satisfactory. will rate havells slightly higher, but no complaints with racold either.

till now used both once, and satisfied with the operation. almost 'instant' heating in both, in-line with their marketing-claims.

also purchased onsitego extended warranty service (2 yrs) for both, again from amazon. very prompt and quick registration and service here too, as well as very helpful customer-care (had interacted with them to get an extra plan that i had purchased, cancelled).

for anyone contemplating on buying havells heater/any other appliance -- apparently they're having some 'scheme' wherein *they call (*'care360') you to fill an e-form for feedback and share your amazon review with pictures, and they provide with an extra year of warranty, making the total to 3 yrs. am yet to follow-up with them on that.

Adding to the thread if someone wants to buy a water heater in future! As per my experience AO SMITH water heaters are very very good! The heating element and tank is lined with glass and they provide warranty for 4 years on full geyser without any extra charge and ig 7 or 10 years on the water tank

Back