Audio Suggest a Budget Amp + speakers

gmano

Adept
I am looking to buy an entry level (budget) amp and speakers, budget may be around 15k. Please suggest the best option available in that price range.
I know you guys will suggest wharfedale diamond 8.1 and Norge amp, both of them not available in chennai.
wharfedale Diamond 9.0 is available in chennai for Rs. 8000, how about these speakers?? what amp will be good to pair with these speakers?
What cables I need to buy to connect?

Thank you all in advance.

Chaos said:
^^9.0 is not that great, try getting 9.1. I think you can get a pulz amp in chennai for ~6.5 grand.

ha.... I know Chaos, you will be the first one to respond in my thread, thanks.

9.1 is also not in stock as of now, but will be available in a week (Promusic), that too only black color, if I want cherry color, I have to wait more than a month it seems.
Is there any specific model in Pulz?
I have seen in their website, only two models availabe, can you tell which one to go with?

^^What hifi is something i don't trust at all :rofl:. Take reviews from what hifi with a pinch of salt. They give the highest ratings to the brands that pay them for the biggest ads :p.

^ :lol: , its not all that bad, but yeah, I buy it only so that I know whats in the market :p

Get the 9.1 + Norge combo. The next decent amp would be the Marantz PM4001, try getting it for ~ 15k grey ?

I think I will stick to the Diamond 9.1 for around 11,500 rs
Norge amps are not available in chennai, I need to find an alternative.
My budget is around 15k only, so Marantz is out of question now.
Does anyone know about pulz amps? how are they?
what is the cheap and best cables?

^^30 bux a meter OFC awg 16 copper. If u can find silver plated ones, they are even better. But obviously more expensive at ~80 bux. Stay away frm anything with monster in its name heh.

@ chaos, is there any other good model in Diamond 8 or 9 ?
(I am asking this, as 8.1 and 9.1 are not available now in chennai)

@Anish: No idea about the PM4001 but the PM7001 absolutely sucks. Heard it the other day and it was just too warm and severely lacked detail. Also there was hardly any bass control.

Back