Audio Suggest a decent speaker system for ard. 15k and tell me how to connect these to ps3

I need a decent/good speaker system for ard. 15k. Uses:- only HiDef movies and gaming.I won't be using these to listen to music.I repeat won't be using these to listen to music. It shouldn't distort at high volumes or have a boomy or muddy bass. Don't need a 5.1 or 7.1 system....there is no space.

I am not looking for speakers with ultra loud sound.....want something that adds to the immersive feel of games,movies.

Should have atleast one yr. warranty and shouldn't involve complex installation procedure.

I plan to buy an lcd tv and ps3 so tell me how to hook these speakers to them.What audio cables to use for this purpose and where to get them??Cost??Also plan to hook up my dell 9400 lappy to this lcd.So do i just need to connect the laptop to the tv for audio and video or do i also have to connect the laptop to these speakers?? Damn!!this is so confusing!!

Nice, I recommend you to try Yamaha HS80. I have creative 5.1, Logitec 5.1 and Dainty 5.1 speakers. But nothing comes closer to Yamaha. But it's a professional speaker, you may not need it. Go for Logitec/JBL Speakers...

You want only stereo? Then go for bookshelves and an amp. For bookshelves, try out wharfedale, sonodyne, mission, heybrook, lithos, etc. For the amp - sonodyne, norge or pulz.

Don't need a 5.1 or 7.1 system
want something that adds to the immersive feel of games,movies.
These statements are actually contradictory to each other, For an immersive feeling of movies and games, a surround sound is quite necessary which means that a 5.1 is better.

Still if you want a 2.1 system, then buy some good bookshelves that Zhops suggested

Uses:- only HiDef movies and gaming.I won't be using these to listen to music
If you are buying bookshelves, it is more of music oriented. It doesn't necessarily mean that it wont help u with movies and gaming. Just that the 5.1, 7.1 etc are more preferred for movies and gaming because of the "complete" sound.The choice is urs.

can't really go for 5.1......Just don't have enough space for that.

So will go for bookshelves. Anyway how to connect these to a PS3 ??

Back