Suggest a good vacuum cleaner from ₹4k - ₹7k

6pack

ex-Mod
I want a good energy saving vacuum cleaner under ₹4k. I was searching on Amazon but none of the cleaners have any BEE ratings on them. All of them use in excess of 1KW power so take similar wattage of mini aircons or even more. Are these vacuum cleaners so bad that they can't get a BEE energy rating?

Main reason I want a vacuum cleaner is there's a lot of dust coming into my home from neighbouring road and also a neighbour who is doing some cement work in his flat. Normal broom just displaces the dust particles in the air during dusting and is completely useless. Also the local municipality cut down some trees near my house probably for cremation of the covid victims. So even with windows closed there's still dust entering my house.

Any recommendations?

If you want the vacuum cleaner to actually pick up most of the dust you will want a big powerful one. The small ones won't cut it. Long back i learned this by a lot of trial and error. The eureka forbes models had some full size ones like almost 2 feet in length. Then there were the medium sized ones about 1.5 feet long. Well, even among the big ones i tried, one did the job reasonably well. It had a cloth bag. Another full size model didn't pick up about 25% of the dust of the other one. And the medium one was even worse. These were all owned by friends and relatives. In short, a cheap vacuum will not do the job and you'll just end up keeping it in the box in a loft like most people.

I ended up buying a karcher vc 3 from amazon in jan 2017. It was on a lightning deal so got it for about 7.5k. One of my best purchases ever. It doesn't have many attachments at all. But it does the job very well. The floors are so clean that a laadi pocha doesn't really do much after. The water remains pretty clear. When i was using a manual broom, after sweeping the house twice over, the water would still be dirty even after changing it twice. the vc3 is a bagless multi-cyclone model and i can't imagine going back to a bagged system after this. Possibly the only better model would be the ds 6.

Eureka forbes vacuum cleaners are pathetic. If you put you palm at the exhaust port, within a few seconds it will feel like you palms has talcum powder. The filtration system in them are too poor. All good vacuums cost more.

Karcher is good the DS 6 which julian linked accepts universal accessories from Bosch,Fein or any other European vacs and has a hepa filter.
Bosch sells some good ones too like this GAS12-25 Professional it comes with a hepa filter and it even has a anti static hose, which minimizes the amount of dust getting attracted to the hose. Since it has a universal mount there are lots of cheap brushes and nozzles in aliexpress also compatabile with other german brands such as karcher.

The ds6 is just a little too expensive. The vc3 also has a hepa filter, and before that two other filter stages. not including the cyclone system.

the GAS12-25 is a professional wet/dry model which in my opinion is not exactly required for home use. in that category karcher has tons of heavy duty professional models.

the GAS12-25 is a professional wet/dry model which in my opinion is not exactly required for home use. in that category karcher has tons of heavy duty professional models.
Yes but its a wet and dry model,size is just a tiny bit bigger then a forbes wet and dry, the difference between consumer home series and the professional series is the pro ones have much superior build and a much larger filter surface area, I have a Rs25000 fein model and I empty the filter once in 2 to 3 years, since it as a huge fleece bag which itself does a far better job in filtering then any eureka forbes and also has a large HEPA filter, which looks like new since the fleece filter is doing such a good job..

Yes but its a wet and dry model,size is just a tiny bit bigger then a forbes wet and dry, the difference between consumer home series and the professional series is the pro ones have much superior build and a much larger filter surface area, I have a Rs25000 fein model and I empty the filter once in 2 to 3 years, since it as a huge fleece bag which itself does a far better job in filtering then any eureka forbes and also has a large HEPA filter, which looks like new since the fleece filter is doing such a good job..
I meant the price is way too much for a home user, and especially the OP given his budget. I would buy the vc3 today at up to 10k. But wouldn't spend more than that. Else i would have got the ds6.

A friend of mine has a car detailing workshop and uses a few karcher professional level products from washers to vacuums. Awesome performance and duty cycles but price is way out of reach for regular users.

For normal hard floor home use, a dry bagless model makes the most sense. Wet/dry models are more for industrial/commercial spaces.

I think ₹4k budget would have worked last year. Now I guess it would have to be ₹6-7k.

How about this Amazon vacuum cleaner? It has a bag and reviews say replacement bags are hard to find.

Home vacuum cleaners seem even more expensive than some shop vacuum cleaners on Amazon. I'm guessing every one is making hay till this bad situation is over.

Some heavy duty vacuum cleaners I came across -

Cleanex shop vacuum 20l

Balzano 25l Italian make

Akshar wet and dry shop vacuum steel 20l

Karcher wd3-eu premium

American micronic

Are these overkill? Almost all of them have hepa filters and a large tank.

Wet/dry models are more for industrial/commercial spaces.
I disagree, until you own a wet model you will not know how many times I have used it. For instance I have a water purifer which has to be stopped manually, I cannot count the times, I had the over flowing water making its way all the way to the hall . With a wet vac I just suck it all up in just a few min vs a mop, which takes for ages. Another instance where I find it usefull is when I remove the drain filter from the front load machine. or when I want to clean the overhead tank or when cleaning the room air cooler tank.

Last edited:
Always make sure you can get spare vacuum bags/filters etc in India, with karcher/bosch you can get them in india and in aliexpress. With no name brands these can be a issue and you may have to use and throw the appliance.

Last edited:
I disagree, until you own a wet model you will not know how many times I have used it. For instance I have a water purifer which has to be stopped manually, I cannot count the times, I had the over flowing water making its way all the way to the hall . With a wet vac I just suck it all up in just a few min vs a mop, which takes for ages. Another instance where I find it usefull is when I remove the drain filter from the front load machine. or when I want to clean the overhead tank or when cleaning the room air cooler tank.
Really, how often do people spill liquids in their home and then have to use a vacuum to clean it up?

You really think spending a premium on an industrial unit for that use case is justified?

Maybe you do, but nobody is going to use their 1KW+ vacuum every time they spill some water.

P.s. My bro's colleague bought a wd3 and it's usually in the box. Uses it rarely to clean his car.

So which one to buy in 12-13k budget ? If I want the best one for home and car with less maintenance. Which accessories are needed ? Also some user posted a pic of a bag-less

Bosch 060197C0F0 GAS 12-25 Wet/Dry Extractor (25 litre)

bag.PNG

Looks like it has some kind of bag so I am confused. Can you guys explain what does bag-less mean and the kind of accessories needed for a bag-less vacuum cleaner?

Edit - Something with low noise needed.

Really, how often do people spill liquids in their home and then have to use a vacuum to clean it up?

You really think spending a premium on an industrial unit for that use case is justified?

Maybe you do, but nobody is going to use their 1KW+ vacuum every time they spill some water.

P.s. My bro's colleague bought a wd3 and it's usually in the box. Uses it rarely to clean his car.
Lots of people who use a manual on/off water purifer, will know how much water spills out, if the water travels close to 20feet on the floor, you will know its not a small amount of water.

So which one to buy in 12-13k budget ? If I want the best one for home and car with less maintenance. Which accessories are needed ? Also some user posted a pic of a bag-less

Looks like it has some kind of bag so I am confused. Can you guys explain what does bag-less mean and the kind of accessories needed for a bag-less vacuum cleaner?
The bags seen in the picture are a plastic bag in the tank which collects the dust, once its full you throw away the bag. The pleated filter looks like a car engine air filter which is not seen in the picture but a pre filter is covering it in the picture. www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hdB0AzMbsM

A bagless ones looks like the karcher vc3 which Julian linked, typically they have a transparent canistor dust is collected using the centrifugal force.

Last edited:
Lots of people who use a manual on/off water purifer, will know how much water spills out, if the water travels close to 20feet on the floor, you will know its not a small amount of water.
Agreed, but that's not what people, and especially the OP are buying vacuum cleaners for.

Bagless models have a canister which holds the dust. You just need to empty it out. Can also be washed.

The other ones have a bag made of fabric/fleece/felt/paper which holds the dust but allows air to pass through. After some time the bag gets clogged and needs replacement. Typically more maintenance than bagless models. Also more of a pita.

Vacs which have large bag like the bosch, doesnt require that many bag changes, since they can hold lots of dust basically the entire tank capacity worth of dust. The bosch model also has self cleaning meaning it blows air in the opposite direction to clear the filter (basically it blows air from inner side of the hepa filter which forces the dust present in the outside of filter to settle back into the bag, this is patented by bosch.

I have the fein it last had a fleece bag change in 2017 due to the large size of the bag you will only have to change them after a year or so, mine is being used regularly after covid due to no maids before that the fleece bag lasted from 2014 to 2017 and I used it extensively when I used a wall sander to sand the paint of the wall. The fleece bag does a better job then a paper bag, even after sucking all the sanded paint dust, the hepa filter was super clean.

Back