Suggest a sturdy backpack

buzz88

Disciple
Planning to buy a backpack this Prime day.
Please give me some suggestions.

The last few backpacks I had got worn out in 6-12 months, so I want something sturdy and good quality.
Years ago, I had a Camel Mountain backpack which lasted many years and remained strong until it got misplaced or went to someone else in the family.

My other requirements are :
It should be comfortable on the back. Not too big and not too small. 26-30L, I guess.
It will be used daily to the office commute.
I only carry my lunchbox, earbuds, charger, wallet and few knickknacks. I don't carry a laptop or a tablet.
Waterproof is preferable.

Budget is not an issue, but I don't like to overpay for some brand name. 2-3K is fine. Beyond that, I would only go if it is actually worth that much.

This was a great bag that served me well throughout the years. It has ample spacing, looks cool and has good features.
Too bad it isn't available easily anymore.

Are Nike/Adidas brands not your preference? I have a Nike bag that I bought for like 3k in 2015 and used until 2022. I just retired it cause I wanted a new bag, It's still in solid shape no wear/tear on the cloth/straps, All zips are solid. I used this bag on a daily basis for 2 years & then for travelling around. So maybe someone else can also share their experience with sport brand bags as I don't see any mention of them.

Are Nike/Adidas brands not your preference? I have a Nike bag that I bought for like 3k in 2015 and used until 2022. I just retired it cause I wanted a new bag, It's still in solid shape no wear/tear on the cloth/straps, All zips are solid. I used this bag on a daily basis for 2 years & then for travelling around. So maybe someone else can also share their experience with sport brand bags as I don't see any mention of them.
Can you share the link, looking to change my bag

I have never used those brands and hence I asked for suggestions here. I will check them out.
I've used Safari, Killer, Targus and Camel Mountain so far. CM was best, Targus was good, the other two so-so. CM is not available on most sites these days, it seems.
And yes, a link to the actual product will be much appreciated.

And yes, a link to the actual product will be much appreciated.
Unfortunately, Since I got it in 2015, I don't really see the same type on their website.
I currently have an adidas originals one that I got from Dubai cause I wanted to try Adidas. Got in 2022 & I don't really use it enough to give a quality review of the that one so didn't mention it earlier.

Sturdy>>longevity>>abuse friendly = Wenger (Victorinox).

Using my Wenger Ibex for 8th year now. Always overfilled, travelled countries with it, not even a stitch is off.

I think Wenger is now officially available in India with reasonable pricing compared to the crazy pricing prior to them being available here officially.

Avoid big brands. They are mostly generic and cheaply made. 26-30l is a bit big IMO. Good size if you intend to carry a lot of stuff.

I would recommend the following.

Gods Seneca: Currently on pre-order. You can check Quinte too. It's a 24ltr though.

I owned their Ghost model, which served me for 5+ years 5 days a week. The only issue, it was a dust magnet.

Carbonado GT3: A proper hardshell tech pack. Quiet expensive.

Carbonado Commuter 30: If you don't prefer hardshell. This is my current travel bag for short trips when I don't need to take out Osprey Farpoint 40. Perfect for travel or daily commuting. If you find it too big, they have a 24ltr version too.

Quechua Escape 500 23 or 30ltr: Lots of pockets, thoughtfully designed in terms of storage spaces. Planning to get one for myself.

Last edited:
Back