Suggest an Android Phone..15k

pranut

Adept
Hi guys,

I am fed up of Symbian and looking to upgrade from Nokia 5230.

My budget is ~15k.

I will prefer Android for a change. I am looking for a good screen(capacitive).

The UI should be good, and it will be nice if it would support some further Android updates.

Samsung Galaxy Ace looks like a nice option, what say ?

Thanks!

I would recommend get Motorola Defy from Letsbuy.com @ Rs 15990/- by using Reliance 15%/2000Rs off coupon... Just by spending 990Rs extra u r getting a phone that is much more capable than Samsung Ace.

comp@ddict said:
Ace? Seriously? With all the issues every review is pointing out? (read phonearena for starters)

No way, Dell XCD35 for 13k wayy better option
Why should one get XCD35 for 15k when he/she can get ZTE blade for 10k??

Even XCD35 lacks in specs, only 256MB RAM.

krishnandu said:
Why should one get XCD35 for 15k when he/she can get ZTE blade for 10k??

Even XCD35 lacks in specs, only 256MB RAM.
XCD35 512MB ram can be unlocked

XCD35 has Android 2.2

XCD35 has warranty, ZTE blade, you flash and one thing goes wrong, 10k down the DRAIN.

Spacescreamer said:
You are in Delhi, forget everything else and purchase the phone which is on sale by clank.
In talks with him..My first Priority is that.

I dont kinda like Dell XCD35 specs.

Also Moto Defy looks good, but didnt get good input about MOTOBLUR, anything wrong with it ?

coolaks7 said:
I would recommend get Motorola Defy from Letsbuy.com @ Rs 15990/- by using Reliance 15%/2000Rs off coupon... Just by spending 990Rs extra u r getting a phone that is much more capable than Samsung Ace.
can u explain that? we need a reliance postpaid connection for that, rite?
how does this whole thing work? can we use COD with it?

+1 for optimus one its good phone. Save rest of the money and upgrade later or increase your budget to 18-20k to get fast and good screen phone or get second hand high end phone which can come in your budget from our member market.

amitjakhar said:
+1 for optimus one its good phone. Save rest of the money and upgrade later or increase your budget to 18-20k to get fast and good screen phone or get second hand high end phone which can come in your budget from our member market.

+1 its available for 9400 in the market section.

nehaladsul said:
Warranty... Peace of mind in case something goes wrong... :)

BTW, the XCD 35 now retails for ~ 13k.
comp@ddict said:
XCD35 512MB ram can be unlocked

XCD35 has Android 2.2

XCD35 has warranty, ZTE blade, you flash and one thing goes wrong, 10k down the DRAIN.
Well, if it's about warranty then does dell provides warranty if OP try to unlock the RAM?? I guess not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway either way he's not going to use stock rom and neither of us(android owners) are doing that. So warranty is not a issue here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And ya..!! O1 Rocks..!! +1 for O1. :D

pranut said:
Ya the O1 looks very nice, but I find ACE better with 3.5 screen and better camera..

Not interested in Dell XCD35..i think it has 256k colors :p
Contrary to popular belief, I think that the Ace is a really good package. Phonearena gave it 6.5/10 which is not a bad score.

Plus, they gave it less points mainly due to poor voice quality but that was a phone from the initial production and shouldn't be an issue now I think.

Back