Suggest an Android Phone..15k

pranut

Adept
Hi guys,

I am fed up of Symbian and looking to upgrade from Nokia 5230.

My budget is ~15k.

I will prefer Android for a change. I am looking for a good screen(capacitive).

The UI should be good, and it will be nice if it would support some further Android updates.

Samsung Galaxy Ace looks like a nice option, what say ?

Thanks!

krishnandu said:
Well, if it's about warranty then does dell provides warranty if OP try to unlock the RAM?? I guess not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway either way he's not going to use stock rom and neither of us(android owners) are doing that. So warranty is not a issue here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And ya..!! O1 Rocks..!! +1 for O1. :D
good point, shame I cant add rep points, says I need to spread some MOAR

nehaladsul said:
Contrary to popular belief, I think that the Ace is a really good package. Phonearena gave it 6.5/10 which is not a bad score.

Plus, they gave it less points mainly due to poor voice quality but that was a phone from the initial production and shouldn't be an issue now I think.
Just for a better cam and a Oced proccy (Same MSM7227 clock @800MHz in Ace and @600MHz default in O1.
Reg. the screen Ace has a larger 3.5" screen with more colors. But since both have HVGA it has lesser ppi than O1
Plus O1 has 512MB RAM compared to Ace's 278MB!!!

O1 costs 10k (9.4k+shipping in hot deals section) and Ace costs 14.5k. (You can get a O1+ Canon A495 instead of Ace :p)
50% price increase is just too much IMO. It should be 12k-12.5k to get ahead of O1. O1 FTW :)

comp@ddict said:
good point, shame I cant add rep points, says I need to spread some MOAR
It's ok, doesn't matter :)

DarkAngel said:
Just for a better cam and a Oced proccy (Same MSM7227 clock @800MHz in Ace and @600MHz default in O1.

Reg. the screen Ace has a larger 3.5" screen with more colors. But since both have HVGA it has lesser ppi than O1

Plus O1 has 512MB RAM compared to Ace's 278MB!!!

O1 costs 10k (9.4k+shipping in hot deals section) and Ace costs 14.5k. (You can get a O1+ Canon A495 instead of Ace :p)

50% price increase is just too much IMO. It should be 12k-12.5k to get ahead of O1. O1 FTW :)
That's right. Good point :)

And if he really needs that extra power, he can OC O1, which will be stable upto that speed. Tested successfully at XDA.

And @OP believe me, RAM really matters here.

Wish O1 had more phone memory.....I've only about 50MB left :(

LG Optimus One has proved itself worthy & been doing so for the last 5-6 months. Given the track record & a very satisfied user of the phone (my first android after many nokia devices such as N73, N70 etc etc), I would recommend you Optimus One.

Downside of the Phone is the lack of Flash, otherwise the Cam image quality is satisfactory in natural light. The 2.3 Gingerbread update has been confirmed & can be expected in 3 months or so. Samsung Galaxy Ace seemed great until it actually stared selling, the plus point is it's Cam & the display but the low RAM is a total let down. Optimus One has many Mods available so you can play with the device & unleash further power. Otherwise Motorola Defy can be a good choice if you can get it at 15-16k but the OS is Android 2.1. ZTE Blade would be the best choice but then it is hard to get but the XCD35 is not a good choice with low ram (I don't believe in Over-clocking RAM which has such low specs, chances are other components can't deal with it & gonna cause instability).

Hi, I'm new here..I'm planning to buy an Android..I don't know much about this android stuff..I've rounded to samsung galaxy fit.Is that a good choice?

Does anybody know abt alfa store @ vila parel?If anybody knows,will they provide warranty ?my budget is from upto 11K.Is there any other phone available in this range ?

please provide suggestions...thanks in advance...

comp@ddict said:
XCD35 512MB ram can be unlocked

XCD35 has Android 2.2

XCD35 has warranty, ZTE blade, you flash and one thing goes wrong, 10k down the DRAIN.
If your comfortable with the Stock ROM, then its fine. You reflash it to your preferred ROM and the warranty's a piece of trash.

A bargain for 8.3k! I got it for 7,890 BTW, including shipping it was 8.3.

Guys, I was little bit busy and was not able to continue the search..today I went to Vashi and inquired about LG O1. 1 shop offered for 9700 and one for 10000 with reebok T-shirt and/or an LG watch..To my surprise, one shop offered me for 8750.They won't provide the bill .But the guy told me that, it will be @ my own risk and there won't be any warranty ...only company warranty will be there..He was saying that only registered IMEI nos. will be getting the warranty..Anybody knows abt the warranty thing?

Also, is there any difference b/n android 2.0 and 2.2.1? I saw that 2.2.1 is in Samsung and 2.2 in LG.

Back