Suggest an Android Phone..15k

pranut

Adept
Hi guys,

I am fed up of Symbian and looking to upgrade from Nokia 5230.

My budget is ~15k.

I will prefer Android for a change. I am looking for a good screen(capacitive).

The UI should be good, and it will be nice if it would support some further Android updates.

Samsung Galaxy Ace looks like a nice option, what say ?

Thanks!

LG O1 is Android v2.2.1, maybe that one was from older lot. Don't take without bill & warranty will be from LG only unless you buy extra shop-warranty which is useless if things go wrong with hardware.

^^ so, I need to check the date of packing before unboxing to confirm whether it is 2.2.1 ..In that case, what need to be the manufacturing date?Plz excuse me if I am asking foolish doubts..:)

so, I should go with the shop which is offering 9700/9850 ?

rite said:
Most current phones with 600 mhz CPU or faster will be upgraded to 2.3, at least you should be able to do that even with official software.
Only LG has confirmed for the O1, and the 1 GHz phones by all manufacturers should be upgraded but might take a few months +

@rite: Which are these most of the phone with 600 MHz that would be upgraded to 2.3??

messi4lyf said:
^^ so, I need to check the date of packing before unboxing to confirm whether it is 2.2.1 ..In that case, what need to be the manufacturing date?Plz excuse me if I am asking foolish doubts..:)
so, I should go with the shop which is offering 9700/9850 ?

All the models with packing date of Dec'10 & beyond would have 2.2.1. Also LG will update all O1's in May end to v2.3 so don't worry about it. Just make sure you are getting legitimate bill with IMEI or Product Code written in your bill, check the Box for Sticker to imply it is meant to be sold in India (Price is Rs. will assure that).

aercy said:
All the models with packing date of Dec'10 & beyond would have 2.2.1. Also LG will update all O1's in May end to v2.3 so don't worry about it. Just make sure you are getting legitimate bill with IMEI or Product Code written in your bill, check the Box for Sticker to imply it is meant to be sold in India (Price is Rs. will assure that).
Thank u boss...most probably I'll buy today itself...

Video calling will not be populer any soon, you need to have the reciever to have a front camera device, 3G enabled to be able to make video calls. LG Optimus One is not a long time investment, use it for one year & then jumped to a newer better device. For the time being front cam is not that essential. If you still insist then I can suggest you some.

I purchased O1 for 10150/- (including 4GB card and a scratch resistant screen, got some free unwanted stuffs like water bottle, a reebok T and a watch..The name "LG" is written on everything) ..Don't knw it was the best price available...nw its charging..:) my first ANDROID...

Under 15k, the phone worth waiting is the HTC Wildfire S. Else, the Galaxy Ace is not bad either.

I dunno how or why but the O1 keeps getting recommmended by everyone for all budgets... :p

comp@ddict said:
btw why was "rite" banned?

^^ He got an infraction too many...

Galaxy Ace not worth it, pathetic pathetic camera, doesn't support any video except mp4 that too choppy playback. LG O1 is much much better, cheaper.

And if you want the screen, XCD35 is a good deal. If you want qwerty keypad, Galaxy 551 is amazing @ 12k

messi4lyf said:
I purchased O1 for 10150/- (including 4GB card and a scratch resistant screen, got some free unwanted stuffs like water bottle, a reebok T and a watch..The name "LG" is written on everything) ..Don't knw it was the best price available...nw its charging..:) my first ANDROID...
where did u get that from?? that's a nice deal with 4 GB card...!!!

Back