Suggest Battery Replacement for APC UPS?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi,

I have APC 600VA UPS and Brand Battery Replacement charges are just Rs.50-100 less than NEW FULL UPS and if buy only battery than for 2200/- (with 2 yrs warranty)

So decide to go with other brand Battery, found only 2 reliable name Amaron & Exide.

Exide mostly avail near Rs.1250/- (MRP is in range between 1250 to 1280, so not much discount) (with 1 yr warranty)

Amaron avail with huge discount MRP is 1999/- and can buy at 999/-, same Amaron battery avail for 1190/- having MRP Rs.1390/- (moglix & Industrybuying) (with 1 yr warranty)
  1. Moglix Aamron MRP Rs.1999/- link here can buy for Rs.1039/- (free shipping)
  2. Moglix Aamron MRP Rs.1300/- link here can buy for Rs.1199/- (free shipping)
  3. Industrybuying Aamron MRP Rs.2559/- link here can buy for Rs.999/- (free shipping)
All prices are including GST

So I'm confused, which battery pack to buy as Amaron have good discount but have 2 different MRP for same product (but different images) and Exide avail nearly with NO DISCOUNT?

Can any one suggest which one is good & long lasting?

Regards

Last edited:
Try local inverter/battery shop and buy from there, couple of Indian brands should be available ~800. It will run 1yr and more if you are lucky. Repeat next year.

Try local inverter/battery shop and buy from there, couple of Indian brands should be available ~800. It will run 1yr and more if you are lucky. Repeat next year.
the place where I live is don't have power cut in general so literally no inverter Wala but just some bike repair shop and they have Bike Battery only not for UPS (though they bluntly refuse to show me battery as I told them that need for UPS and not for Bike).

Using UPS since 2011 as prior to this year I found 2 HDD failure with no known reason, someone suggest to use UPS, so bought UPS first time in 2011 and since NO HDD Failure till today

Dont go by the rates go by battery ratings. Original APC batteries will have higher wattage 7.2-7.4ah or so compared to after market brands.

In that case try the local computer repair shops, they can arrange batteries. If not available, then buy the moglix amaron one.
local pc shops interested in sailing NEW UPS @ 2000/- with 1 yrs warranty and no one interested in battery replacement and those who are ready to make battery avail by order only, asking MRP or even Rs.100/- more over MRP
Dont go by the rates go by battery ratings. Original APC batteries will have higher wattage 7.2-7.4ah or so compared to after market brands.
this AMARON have 7.2AH @1039/-

How is intex Battery, link here they have 7.5AH power ratings

Last edited:
@Emperor How are you planning to replace the battery if you buy it online? Are shops willing to replace it or you are planning to?

I am scared opening a UPS because of the whole electrocution risk as I am a noob

this AMARON have 7.2AH @1039/-

How is intex Battery, link here they have 7.5AH power ratings
Both are fine. Backup difference will be negligible in 7.5/7.2. Go with the cheapest. Ensure getting full brand warranty from the seller. Before placing an order have a call with them to clear up things.
@Emperor How are you planning to replace the battery if you buy it online? Are shops willing to replace it or you are planning to?

I am scared opening a UPS because of the whole electrocution risk as I am a noob
There's no rocket science, you don't have to de-solder or anything like that. Its pretty simple. YT video is your tutor.

Last edited:

very easy, but little hard to open the case, do not open it like BANG using Tarzen force but simply step by step, do not hurry to separate both part apart, so you didn't seprate soldered cables from PCB. If you open successfully, than replacing battery is really really easy.

watching youtube video for same before opening will help you lot
Both are fine. Backup difference will be negligible in 7.5/7.2. Go with the cheapest. Ensure getting full brand warranty from the seller. Before placing an order have a call with them to clear up things.
about WARRANTY, each & everyone very much clear and ask to visit Offline Service Center provided by Brand, none of the seller willing to accept warranty/replacement hassle for this battery (may be it's bulky in nature 2/2.5 kg)

Those 7AH, 9AH APC batteries are common batteries used in scooters. Go to a shop selling scooter batteries and they should have a dozen in storage and they will pay you around 50-100 for your old battery too. Bike battery is taller and won't fit in the space.

Those 7AH, 9AH APC batteries are common batteries used in scooters. Go to a shop selling scooter batteries and they should have a dozen in storage and they will pay you around 50-100 for your old battery too. Bike battery is taller and won't fit in the space.
.. but if it didn't fit in APC UPS case, than I can not use it, as there is no space left on table for anything.

.. but if it didn't fit in APC UPS case, than I can not use it, as there is no space left on table for anything.
Scooter battery will fit. I buy from scooter shops from years. Take your old battery and show them and they'll give you new one.

Eye only for 7xx ratings. Best is to first remove your existing battery as 9ah are a bit longer in length but might fit in huge UPS. So get a judgement before deciding.

Eye only for 7xx ratings. Best is to first remove your existing battery as 9ah are a bit longer in length but might fit in huge UPS. So get a judgement before deciding.
The exide chloride safepower 7ah and 9ah are same size. Only problem is no one keeps the 9ah one in stock.

Scooter battery will fit. I buy from scooter shops from years. Take your old battery and show them and they'll give you new one.
which brand are reliable/warranty and at what price? How long last one works for you?

My APC UPS battery rating (as per APC Website Battery Replacement suggestion) 12V-7AH

Same what @nRiTeCh said. Exide 7ah safepower battery. If not that then probably amaron battery is of similar size. Check the width and height and length in the shop with you original battery. I always double check to make sure the battery is the same size.

Same what @nRiTeCh said. Exide 7ah safepower battery. If not that then probably amaron battery is of similar size. Check the width and height and length in the shop with you original battery. I always double check to make sure the battery is the same size.
Exide 7ah safepower battery price/warranty?
How long last replacement works for you?

Exide 7ah safepower battery price/warranty?
How long last replacement works for you?
I bought it 4+ years back for around 800 i think. 12 months warranty. Lasts for 2-2.5 years. I have full home apc sine wave ups so don't use computer ups now. Battery must cost around 900 or 1000 now. Image1980.jpg

Back