Suggest Battery Replacement for APC UPS?

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
This is what I got as a replacement from APC back in 2015. The battery was over a year old so once it discharges its life is much shorter

Does not say Exide :bored:

Attachments

• APC UPS 1500VA.jpg
    APC UPS 1500VA.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 50

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
This is what I got as a replacement from APC back in 2015. The battery was over a year old so once it discharges its life is much shorter

What AH are those? They put a sticker on it. The genuine battery is all imported from Vietnam. My ups had same Kung Long and it was 9AH.
There's two batteries in your pic, so 9AHx2?

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006

Yes, image is of Genuine APC Battery.

NEW APC UPS have short life (IIRC 2-3 yrs), was in warranty so got APC battery replacement (FREE) under warranty in 2017 and that same battery last till 15 July 2023. Quite Long life for replacement battery, but than NEW UPC APC working for 2-3 yrs only.
What AH are those? They put a sticker on it. The genuine battery is all imported from Vietnam. My ups had same Kung Long and it was 9AH.
APC didn't mentioned any power/wattage etc. on battery sticker, but if you select your UPS type in there website than they will suggest you battery and that page have details of power/wattage etc.

Reactions: 6pack

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Aug 8, 2009
House Va'ruun
did you search number via Google or via Authorized APC Website?

When I called them on their Toll Free Number the lady told me that Battery Price she don't know but Technician will charge Rs.500/- (+ 18% GST) and Battery Price (+18% GST).

When I search using APC link https://www.apc.com/shop/in/en/tools/replacement-battery-selector?parent-subcategory-id=88979 about battery replacement for my UPS, the battery they display on their website cost Rs.1990/- along with Battery Rating/Wattage etc. Battery Seller Link HERE (https://apc.estorewale.com/product/...12v-rbc2/?psrid=wtbs_64c13d5adee988d78189ddd4)

https://www.apc.com/in/en/ (Original Authorized Website)

NOTE: Every Genuine COMPANY Authorized Seller/Service provider will charge 18% GST and Provide you Invoice too.

I called them on the Customer Care number I got from their official website:

APC Customer Care Contact Number - Number is provided under 'Prefer to Call' section. I called on the Tech Support number : 1 8 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 1 1

As I have mentioned before, speaking on the above number they gave me a local APC guy's contact number in Kolkata who I then called and got the relevant information from.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
I could not find that info anywhere for some odd reason. My guess is 7AH. And it's a two-pack to go with the BR1500

Didn't last as long as the original as i suspect the battery had discharged a while back. I think it was two years old when I got it.

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Moglix so called customer care remind me that they are may be related to & living with Mogly of The Jungle Book, the so called Customer Care don't know what is the meaning of Manufacturing Date Printed on Battery and want me to explain the query in detail and again.

Last edited:

Ssreek

Adept
Oct 1, 2020
Moglix so called customer care remind me that they are may be related to & living with Mogly of The Jungle Book, the so called Customer Care don't know what is the meaning of Manufacturing Date Printed on Battery and want me to explain the query in detail and again.
They were probably expecting you would get fed up and leave by behaving like that. This is one of the tactics some companies do with customer care.

Reactions: Emperor

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
They were probably expecting you would get fed up and leave by behaving like that. This is one of the tactics some companies do with customer care.
yes you are right, they also called me and talk very very rudely and while talking keep shouting... if such behaviors they show just for Enquiry, can't imagine what they will do if any issue happens like payment deduct but failed, or payment done but no delivery, bad product received or product not working under warranty... they also told me that they are just a B2B seller and forward order directly to seller and seller ship from sellers place so they don't know anything about product other than what displayed on their website.

While I got call from Okaya battery about my requirements, when she found that I'm looking for single unit, she politely replied that will forward my query to another person and he will take care of my query.. though I didn't received any call in 24 hrs. but at least she spoke politely ...

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
@6pack ,@nRiTeCh & others, how about this LITHIUM ION Battery (Li-ion 12V- 7.2Ah), will it works with APC UPS, just like Lead-Acid Batteries?
Product specifications detail link HERE

View attachment 173954
it wont work. lithium ion batteries are 14v. even i saw these on amazon and people who got it for ups said it did not work.

Edit: Lithium ion battery needs bms pcb to work and get charged properly. See this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emperor

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
Apparently these lifepo4 batteries can't be cold started. Read the comments below the video.

Edit: This guy went all the way - 3d printing, spot welding, battery monitor etc.

Last edited: