Suggest Battery Replacement for APC UPS?

@6pack & @nRiTeCh

just off topic.. but did HDD and SSD (going to buy soon) really fails if there is sudden power failure for a minute or two.

Till today None of other home fixtures from Bathroom (Zero Watt Old Conventional Bulb to latest LED @ Rs.30/-) Bulb or Conventional (40w) Tubelight, Fan etc. never failed/burnt at my place due to that sudden power outage.

In old days ( more than 20 years back) I've seen windows 98 not start up due to hard power loss. Even lost 1 or 2, 20GB hdds back then. After that i bought a ups and used to shut down the pc immediately after power cut.

@6pack & @nRiTeCh

just off topic.. but did HDD and SSD (going to buy soon) really fails if there is sudden power failure for a minute or two.

Till today None of other home fixtures from Bathroom (Zero Watt Old Conventional Bulb to latest LED @ Rs.30/-) Bulb or Conventional (40w) Tubelight, Fan etc. never failed/burnt at my place due to that sudden power outage.
No, if the fail-over on ups is in real-time! If the fail-over fails and if you have to keep powering on your machine multiple times a day then yes storage take a good amount of hit.

No, if the fail-over on ups is in real-time! If the fail-over fails and if you have to keep powering on your machine multiple times a day then yes storage take a good amount of hit.
sorry .. miss to explain earlier.. I mean if no UPS than sudden power failure (rarely 2-3 times in a month for 1-2 minutes) can kill HDD or SSD?

Yes, PC keep running 9.00 AM to 10 PM (365 days)

sorry .. miss to explain earlier.. I mean if no UPS than sudden power failure (rarely 2-3 times in a month for 1-2 minutes) can kill HDD or SSD?

Yes, PC keep running 9.00 AM to 10 PM (365 days)
Thats fine. Even 7-8 times is fine but again ensuring at that period there's no heavy I/O work going on those storages like sql and renderings etc. Else even 1-2 times can be risky.

Thats fine. Even 7-8 times is fine but again ensuring at that period there's no heavy I/O work going on those storages like sql and renderings etc. Else even 1-2 times can be risky.
system using for browsing, email, office files & excel data entry only
Those 7AH, 9AH APC batteries are common batteries used in scooters. Go to a shop selling scooter batteries and they should have a dozen in storage and they will pay you around 50-100 for your old battery too. Bike battery is taller and won't fit in the space.
along with old battery visited 2-3 small garage and 2 super big garages for Two Wheelers, but all said, this type of battery not avail with them also refuse to procure one for me (not even on advance payment offer)

@nRiTeCh and @6pack Exide CHLORIDE safe power or Exide Power Safe ?

Last edited:
system using for browsing, email, office files & excel data entry only

along with old battery visited 2-3 small garage and 2 super big garages for Two Wheelers, but all said, this type of battery not avail with them also refuse to procure one for me (not even on advance payment offer)
@nRiTeCh and @6pack

Exide CHLORIDE safe power or Exide Power Safe ?
Last year I also faced issues with my Zebronics UPS.
Good Samaritans over TE helped me on this issue and I finally got batteries replaced by a local electronics shop for 1750 initially then +400 later on.
They put in Amaron batteries and they are working fine since January last year.
link to thread

Estorewale.com sells all APC batteries. Bought from them a couple times. They sell original batteries.

I have used Exide battery in my APC BE650Y model. I don't remember the exact model but I believe either one should work. As someone said earlier, you are good as long as it fits the battery compartment and the voltage is correct.

If your APC UPS is out of warranty do APC technicians still come and change the UPS batteries at home if you contact their Customer Care?

If your APC UPS is out of warranty do APC technicians still come and change the UPS batteries at home if you contact their Customer Care?
Original APC Battery cost Rs.2000 + 500 installation/visit = 2500 x18% GST, Total Rs.2950/- and NEW APC UPS also cost Rs.2950/- with warranty.

Changing battery in an UPS is quite easy. You really can do it yourself.

@Emperor, agreed. In that you case you can go for Amaron or Exide batteries. If availability is the problem then try IndustryBuying and Moglix. I can see listings of both 7Ah and 9Ah batteries.

Last edited:
Got 7Ah Exide Chloride Safe Power battery for my APC UPS for 900 (less 150 for old battery, net Rs.750) last week from local shop. It is with one year warranty.

Changing battery in an UPS is quite easy. You really can do it yourself.

@Emperor, agreed. In that you case you can go for Amaron or Exide batteries. If availability is the problem then try IndustryBuying and Moglix. I can see listings of both 7Ah and 9Ah batteries.

I actually have a couple of APC UPS units at my Mom's place and needed them to be changed. That's why I needed to know if APC does send technicians to replace batteries or not.

Got 7Ah Exide Chloride Safe Power battery for my APC UPS for 900 (less 150 for old battery, net Rs.750) last week from local shop. It is with one year warranty.
one dealer offer LivFast Battery for 950/- (less 100 for old battery, net 850/- ) with one year warranty, but as it's not known brand so I stay away.
Also don't understand what they mean [ Max. Initial Current - 30% of the rated capacity and what the 27°C stand for and @ C20 ], I ask seller about but he start behaving like DUMBO as he really don't know all this things.

livefast.jpg

I actually have a couple of APC UPS units at my Mom's place and needed them to be changed. That's why I needed to know if APC does send technicians to replace batteries or not.
APC charges a bomb & just for battery replacement its totally not at all worthy as its just the brand name which is taxing the exorbitant amount nothing fancy + installation and delivery charges.

One gets similar rating battery at a local bike/car service center/garage with true 3-5yr battery warranty. APC doesn't even offer that much warranty for the price one pays.

If only there's some technical fault with the UPS, logging a call with APC makes sense.

To spill the beans...I was personally suggested by APC branch manager to get batteries installed from third party brands just saving on cost and warranties.

APC charges a bomb & just for battery replacement its totally not at all worthy as its just the brand name which is taxing the exorbitant amount nothing fancy + installation and delivery charges.

One gets similar rating battery at a local bike/car service center/garage with true 3-5yr battery warranty. APC doesn't even offer that much warranty for the price one pays.

If only there's some technical fault with the UPS, logging a call with APC makes sense.

To spill the beans...I was personally suggested by APC branch manager to get batteries installed from third party brands just saving on cost and warranties.
offline sellers reluctant to offer warranty more than 1 year.
In my all searches (online), only OKAYA provides 2 yrs warranty but price nearly 1400/-
Let us know here if there is any brand who offer 3-5 yrs warranty.

offline sellers reluctant to offer warranty more than 1 year.
In my all searches (online), only OKAYA provides 2 yrs warranty but price nearly 1400/-
Let us know here if there is any brand who offer 3-5 yrs warranty.
Amaron offers 5yr battery warranty. Irrespective of the usage. The warranty card is what matters.

Amaron offers 5yr battery warranty. Irrespective of the usage. The warranty card is what matters.
but each & every online sellers quote 1 yrs warranty with amaron battery, really strange, as in anyway for warranty they will send buyer to Brand Service Center, so why online sellers are offer just 12 months or may be online sellers keep clearing old stock which may left 1 or 2 yrs warranty out of 5 yrs.

I called up APC Customer Care this afternoon and they gave me a APC tech department supervisor's number locally in Kolkata. When I called him he was in a meeting and politely said he would call back which he did a couple of hours later or so.

He told me that APC does send technicians on call and they do carry battery pack replacements for UPS units and replace them at your place. The batteries they provide are Exide (7Ah). Also, the cost he quoted are as follows:

Exide Battery (7Ah): Rs.1300/-
Technicians Fees: Rs.300/- (Minimum)

I called up APC Customer Care this afternoon and they gave me a APC tech department supervisor's number locally in Kolkata. When I called him he was in a meeting and politely said he would call back which he did a couple of hours later or so.

He told me that APC does send technicians on call and they do carry battery pack replacements for UPS units and replace them at your place. The batteries they provide are Exide (7Ah). Also, the cost he quoted are as follows:

Exide Battery (7Ah): Rs.1300/-
Technicians Fees: Rs.300/- (Minimum)
did you search number via Google or via Authorized APC Website?

When I called them on their Toll Free Number the lady told me that Battery Price she don't know but Technician will charge Rs.500/- (+ 18% GST) and Battery Price (+18% GST).

When I search using APC link https://www.apc.com/shop/in/en/tools/replacement-battery-selector?parent-subcategory-id=88979 about battery replacement for my UPS, the battery they display on their website cost Rs.1990/- along with Battery Rating/Wattage etc. Battery Seller Link HERE (https://apc.estorewale.com/product/...12v-rbc2/?psrid=wtbs_64c13d5adee988d78189ddd4)

https://www.apc.com/in/en/ (Original Authorized Website)

NOTE: Every Genuine COMPANY Authorized Seller/Service provider will charge 18% GST and Provide you Invoice too.

Back