suggest desktop rig

deadskin

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
-- 9k to 12k
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)?
-- ACER 17" inch LCD
-- keyboard and mouse (cheap and best once's)
-- creative speakers 5.1 channel
--- AMD ATHLON 64-bit 3000+
--- Gigabyte GA-PVMTK8N51-9 socket 939
--- DVD writer LG
-- CD writer ( dont remember model name)
--- zebronics PSU 400w
--- black colored mercury cabinet

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
-- ACER 17" inch LCD
-- keyboard and mouse (cheap and best once's)
-- creative speakers 5.1 channel
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
--- Processor , mobo , RAM, PSU,cabinet.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component?
--- no upgrades

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
--- CTC hyderabad

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market?
-- No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
- downloading 24x7
- watching HD movies
- browsing and normal desktop operations
- using virtual machine for linux + oracle operations
- Gaming like NFS most wanted etc... ( didnt played other games)

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
-- preference like want to go for the latest one with handsome config suffice for my requirement and in future easy to upgrade on it.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
-- racing

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
-- gaming - 640x480
-- desktop - 1280x800

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
-- no

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
-- windows xp sp2/windows 7 32bit

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mods please delete previous thread " # Cpu buying advice"

If ur just gonna use it to dl... just get a low end gfx card and get ur memory upto 4GB... maybe buy a bigger hdd to put ur HD movies... no point in changing ur whole rig for 12k... upgrading seems like a better choice...

12k is a little less but I advice you go with an upgrade :-

AMD Athlon II X2 245

Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2

Corsair Value Series 2GB DDR2 800 RAM

NVIDIA GT240

This comes around 12k but if you can sacrifice the graphics card then you can get a 1TB HDD in it's place which will help you a lot because you said you download a lot of stuff or if you can up your budget to 15k, you can get this config plus a WD 1TB Green HDD :).

actually my cousin has taken my CPU ... i m left only with LCD,keyboard and mouse ..

please suggest me some thing.... which fall under my requirement(current) and infuture easy to upgrade...

having in mind to go for DDR3 sticks.... budget can go till 15k max

having IDE 160DB seagate new HDD... in near future (4months gap) will buy SATA 1TB

please advice soon planning to finalize tomorrow .... buying at hyd CTC ... any suggestion from which dealer to buy

deadskin said:
actually my cousin has taken my CPU ... i m left only with LCD,keyboard and mouse ..

please suggest me some thing.... which fall under my requirement(current) and infuture easy to upgrade...

having in mind to go for DDR3 sticks.... budget can go till 15k max

having IDE 160DB seagate new HDD... in near future (4months gap) will buy SATA 1TB

please advice soon planning to finalize tomorrow .... buying at hyd CTC ... any suggestion from which dealer to buy

I would still suggest you to go with the above config but get a Athlon II X2 255 and 4GB of DDR2 RAM instead of 2 :).

Back