Audio Suggest - In Earphones/Headphones with Superb voice clarity (No Music)

Praks

Skilled
Friends,

Looking for In Earphones/Headphones with superb voice clarity.

Requirement - Listen to human voice files (Legal/Medical Voice files), NO MUSIC at all.
Preferably with inbuilt amplifier OR external small amplifier connectivity (To amplify the human voice incase of poor recording)
Excellent Noise cancelling capability

Have been checking out from 15 days & have short listed few ones.

Sony
MDR7502
MDR-V250V $16.40
MDR-NC7/BLK Noise Canceling On $30.87
MDR-V6 -
MDR-V600
MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black)

Olympus
E-102 Headset - Medical Dictation Headsets
E-99 Headset - Medical Dictation Headsets

JVC HANC80 Folding Noise Cancelling Headphone

Shure E2C

Audio-Technica ATH-A500

Philips noise cancelling headphones (Not sure on models)

Microsoft noise cancelling headphones (Not sure on models)

I have been told that headphones with USB connectivity (not 3.5 MM) gives better sound clarity, Not sure If its true...

Please suggest good one from the list or out of this list with superb voice clarity.

I don't really have any expertise in this area, but here are my 2 annas/paise :)

The human vocal range falls in the spectrum that is labelled "Midrange". If you are able to get any online reviews for the above listed items, do have a look how these respond in the mids.

From the consumer-world cans, I think Grado's would fit the bill as they are mid-focussed, while in the IEM consumer-world, SoundMagic PL-50 is an ideal candidate.

As for noise cancellation, it would be preferable to avoid it. Noise cancellation makes sense when you have a constant background noise in a constant frequency spectrum, classical example being the buzz of airplane engines inside an airplane. But these will be useless if the frequency spectrum varies, for eg, the sound of road traffic.

USB connectivity can improve or degrade the audio quality, depending on how good or bad your onboard audio is. I would think that since recent times, onboard chipsets (AC'97 & Azalia) should be much better than a cheapo DAC attached to a headphone.

@Gryph0n'

Thank you for your input.

Noise cancellation is required as most of the time there is background noise in recording & there is requirement to boost the speech sound too.

Is there any headphone with in built amplifier ?

^ Noise cancellation wont remove any background noise in the recording . It will reduce the noise coming from outside the headphones . You should probably look at something which produces accurate mids and less of bass (usually lot of bass can overpower the speech ).

Is there any budget range ?

@FaH33m

Budget up to 2000 Rs max.

Have you heard of good earphone/headphone for Medical listening ? Its required to listen to human voice recording.

Philips & Microsoft has noise cancelling headphones but not sure if they are better or bad then Olympus, Sony Or Plantronics. Please give your view.

One more n00b Q,

best vocal response headphones means best speech response right ? Just confirming.

I require crystal clear speech - Human voice (not music).

Bump for help, please.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone suggest from these two for Superb voice clarity (No Music) ?

Plantronics DSP-400

Sony MDR-V6

Praks said:
Bump for help, please.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone suggest from these two for Superb voice clarity (No Music) ?

Plantronics DSP-400

Sony MDR-V6

Well,

The Best These Days is Realvoice From Spider Cable USA Its Expensive though Around USD 90 IHMO

Praks said:
@Amarbir

Thank you, Checked them - HDMI Cables | Spider Home Theater Cables

It says - enables deep punchy bass for the ultimate audio experience. Sadly I need more speech clarity, not music.

Friend ,

Do Not Go go with what the manufacturer says ,Please Read Some Reviews .Currently its rated the best mid range product By all reviews .The RE2 from headdirect is also great in its mid range and very neutral

PS : The Brainwavz M1 Is Also Good For this Type Of Stuff

Back