Suggest me a watch for around 5k

I wanna gift someone a watch costing around 5k.

I wanna gift it to a friend (those who were thinking gf :rofl:).

He is 25 yr old. So plz suggest accordingly.

So plz suggest asap.

From what I liked till now is :-

FOSSIL Mens Chronograph Black Stainless Watch CH2601 - eBay (item 370371662234 end time May-26-10 21:51:35 PDT)

FOSSIL Mens Stainless Steel Black Sporty Watch AM4302 - eBay (item 370371662233 end time May-26-10 21:51:36 PDT)

Specifications that I want :-

1) Avoid brands namely Titan, Timex, Casio, Citizen, Pulsar, Raymond Weil, Tommy Hilfiger, Zenith. I would love if brand's name is sophisticated.

2) Band must be of metal, strictly no leather or any other material bands.

3) I would prefer black colored bands or else some elite looking bands.

4) It would be good (probably the best) if watch that u are suggesting is not available in India or very very rare.

5) I would love if watch have few fine diamonds engraved on it. :p

There is no issue if I've to order from some other countries. Just post the link through which I can buy it, just remember that they do ship it to India.

Budget can be slightly be increased by 1k if I found a watch that is highly irresistible.

Plz Plz Plz suggest me more and more. :)

You won't find a Raymond Weil or the Zenith for under 6k so you're safe :D

The Seiko 389 ion, might be within your budget. Fulfills most of your specifications. It's not a regular automatic, but that shouldn't matter.

gee said:
Watch Daily Deal, Watch Deal a Day Site

I don't think they ship outside US but, I think there is someone here on te who does that.

This site doesn't ships to India :mad:
Can anyone tell how to get any product from them?

shady2pac said:
Thx for so many suggestions. Plz tell some sites that ships to India.

Ritvik said:
You won't find a Raymond Weil or the Zenith for under 6k so you're safe :D

The Seiko 389 ion, might be within your budget. Fulfills most of your specifications. It's not a regular automatic, but that shouldn't matter.

Ya thats a nice watch.

I heard that automatic watches are more prone to errors and needs to be corrected weekly. I don't want this kind of mess. So plz put some shadow on this.

mayanksahni said:
This site doesn't ships to India :mad:
Can anyone tell how to get any product from them?

Thx for so many suggestions. Plz tell some sites that ships to India.

Ya thats a nice watch.

I heard that automatic watches are more prone to errors and needs to be corrected weekly. I don't want this kind of mess. So plz put some shadow on this.

even tho they dont ship to india, you can go the KMD route.

shady2pac said:
even tho they dont ship to india, you can go the KMD route.

I think kmd can bring the ones listed in newegg.com and amazon.com only. :(

sathyanaidu said:
Esprit 10 bar range has a nice collection..
Thx for ur input but I think others that are listed above are better than ur suggestion. Plz pour in some more ideas.

Sorry for being a devil's advocate :-

I think you should pass a watch for something which will be more usefull to ur friend, as he can have a sub-1000 bucks watch and both will show same time.

its just my suggestion. (Sorry for posting) if you want I can remove the post.

vahss_11 said:
Sorry for being a devil's advocate :-

I think you should pass a watch for something which will be more usefull to ur friend, as he can have a sub-1000 bucks watch and both will show same time.

its just my suggestion. (Sorry for posting) if you want I can remove the post.

U know ur words touched me, I'm dropping the idea of a watch and thinking of something else.
Really thx for all replies.

ajab.ghajab said:
^ You aren't serious, are you?

Ya I'm serious. Actually through some sources I came to know that my friend is in need of some money, so I'm thinking to gift him 5 grands rather than a watch of that amount.

thats great news that you found out the best use of the money(Gift) .

Hope it makes a difference to your friend. keep that friendship for a long time.

Best of Luck.

Back